Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If "ability/animation" looks similar to other games is the main issue for you then I guess there is nothing to worry about.

I literally couldn't care less about this stuff. My main concern is that if there is going to be an endgame for pve and if so, will it be fun.
    It's not just ability/animations. It's the entire world. And yeah, it's kinda important, because that's literally what you are looking at while you're playing the game. Wildstar had endgame PvE and it was relatively fun. It also had shitty visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's not just ability/animations. It's the entire world. And yeah, it's kinda important, because that's literally what you are looking at while you're playing the game. Wildstar had endgame PvE and it was relatively fun. It also had shitty visuals.
    Ah no, that is irrelevant. If it looks good then its good.
    Important part is simply: is the game fun?

Wildstar didn't fail because of visuals. I haven't seen a single complaint about visuals when it was in verge of death, people complained about a lack of casual content, poor optimization, absurd attunements, poor itemization, pvp being bad, raid or die etc. kinda what is happening with wow right now minus optimization and attunements.

And that should be AoC main focus. To make game fun and accessible. Visuals are afterthought.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    So I remembered this thing today and went on a little youtube spree.

youtube.com/watch?v=uFA4gN-GD2E

Around 23 minutes is the mildly interesting stuff, but I have to say the combat just doesn't look right. Maybe it feels better to play it than to watch it, but it's just a clusterfuck, even if (or especially) if you consider it's level 10 gameplay.

What's worse, it just looks incredibly generic with no unique visual style. So far this is a hard pass from me.
    Honestly, to me it looks like a remaster of Rift or Archeage. New MMOs have this weird sideways movement animation to me, I'm sure someone else can articulate my thoughts on this better.
    Spell effects look... all right, but the lack of enemy stagger animation means that they appear to lack any impact. So that's something I think they ought to work on.
    Attack animations are *nearly* there; I think Guild Wars 2 does them better though.

Still a pass from me so far. If it's too conservative on flashy armor and weapons I'll probably not look at it again, and doubly so if the game becomes some pvp sandbox title with braindead, limited PvE encounters.

Just watched some of the newest update videos about it. Don't see anything that blows my mind, and I kind of think that's what you need to win the mmorpg genre, which has a very clearly defined leader at the moment.

Also, I've been on the Internet for too long to just believe that this random fresh account is Steven Sharif. Some kind of proof (maybe a tweet?) would be a nice authentication method
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Looks ok, I just don't have the energy to start a new MMO from scratch again.

What time could i play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Just watched some of the newest update videos about it. Don't see anything that blows my mind, and I kind of think that's what you need to win the mmorpg genre, which has a very clearly defined leader at the moment.

Also, I've been on the Internet for too long to just believe that this random fresh account is Steven Sharif. Some kind of proof (maybe a tweet?) would be a nice authentication method
    I mean I'd believe it. He used to play WoW a lot iirc. Though to be honest, posting on this forum probably isn't a good use of his time.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is absurd.
    I was having hopes for this game but a quick visit on their website shows the truth:

The game is well over a year away from a release (fair enough), but you can already purchase a shit storm load of cosmetic, packs and crap for the game.
    It s disturbing to see this before the game even exists.

Just like Star Citizen, the PvE version will never see the full release light of day. The battle arena will launch and the PvE components will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Just like Star Citizen, the PvE version will never see the full release light of day. The battle arena will launch and the PvE components will be forgotten.
    No. It actually seems to be moving according to schedule https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule
    Dunno why people comparing all games to Star Citizen.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

No. It actually seems to be moving according to schedule https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule
    Dunno why people comparing all games to Star Citizen.
    Yea I was going to say, I haven't put any money into the game or been following it that closely but it seems to be progressing as comfortably as a game of this scale can

The one thing that really has my hopes up is that devs have CRYSTAL CLEAR VISION of how this game should work and who is primary target. There is no ifs and buts, there is no pendulum swings in design decisions, just clear path that (HOPEFULLY) will stay the same after release. I want to know what to expect so I won't have a great time in expansion X and then be utterly disappointed in expansion Z that will made me quit within a month.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    The one thing that really has my hopes up is that devs have CRYSTAL CLEAR VISION of how this game should work and who is primary target. There is no ifs and buts, there is no pendulum swings in design decisions, just clear path that (HOPEFULLY) will stay the same after release. I want to know what to expect so I won't have a great time in expansion X and then be utterly disappointed in expansion Z that will made me quit within a month.
    the biggest downfall i have heard so far is the length of time it takes to level to max. if it takes as long as people say it will(or does) then that will just simply kill the game off on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    the biggest downfall i have heard so far is the length of time it takes to level to max. if it takes as long as people say it will(or does) then that will just simply kill the game off on its own.
    I guess people are really skewed because of WoW. This is how it suppose to be in MMOs. Not instance based lobby simulators with dead open world that nobody wants to go out because it's boring like hell. Not absolutely braindead mind numbing leveling that you just want to end as fast as possible.

The idea is not to be a game where somebody can essentially no life for a week and be max level. The idea is to incorporate some significant chunk of time but still respect the casual player, because you know the way we respect the casual player is not everything is driven in our game through the adventuring progression line. Not everything is driven through your class level per-se. There's a lot of different progression paths that are available and make you relevant within certain systems and mechanics within the game; and some of those paths are more casual friendly and some of those paths are more hardcore friendly. So with regards to the adventuring class, the idea is to make sure that investment needs to be pretty significant and that the reward then is respective of that investment.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    That's not a bad thing, it's GREAT. Leveling in an MMO should take a long time, "It's the journey, not the destination" The game should be about exploring the world, going on adventures and quests, and being in groups, all while slowly leveling over time

was not this game a scam? or am i mistaking it with another crowdfunded mmo?
    I remember seeing youtube videos about how it is completely empty game with lots of promises and nothing else?
    Did something change?

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I remember seeing youtube videos about how it is completely empty game with lots of promises and nothing else?
    Did something change?
    Nothing really changed.
    It was never "empty" to begin with and most videos I remember all said that it's going in the right direction and that the current development is in line with what is to be expected after XY amount of time has passed.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-14 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Did something change?
    I think you may be thinking of Chronicles of Elyria. I know that was a crowdfunded MMORPG that was basically a scam. Then there's Star Citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I think you may be thinking of Chronicles of Elyria. I know that was a crowdfunded MMORPG that was basically a scam. Then there's Star Citizen.
    ahhhhh that must be it then. Thanks for the clarification. I am really looking for new mmos but have no idea what is what, there are more in development then on release. I will keep an eye on this one then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    That's not a bad thing, it's GREAT. Leveling in an MMO should take a long time, "It's the journey, not the destination" The game should be about exploring the world, going on adventures and quests, and being in groups, all while slowly leveling over time
    Leveling slowly is not a good idea, it should have a decent pace or else people won't bother.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi