Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Until they do a East Blizcon I'll care.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Doesn't matter, law on ticket sales is based on the state the event is taking place in, they may not be able to get ahold of you while you sit in your country of residence but if you were to say, go to blizzcon yourself after they found out you were scalping you could be arrested. Moreso it means any site hosting tickets could be held liable for those illegal tickets and should probably be pulling them, no sites to sell them on, no money.
    Nobody is going to be arrested at the door of Blizzcon for holding a scalped ticket. The idea is laughable at best. If someone is outside, they'll just be told to leave. It's a misdemeanor, it's not worth the cops time to do more than tell the person to get lost.

The key word in the law you posted is "misdemeanor". Nobody is going to bother going after a website outside of the US for a misdemeanor.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2017-04-09 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Nobody is going to be arrested at the door of Blizzcon for holding a scalped ticket. The idea is laughable at best. If someone is outside, they'll just be told to leave. It's a misdemeanor, it's not worth the cops time to do more than tell the person to get lost.

The key word in the law you posted is "misdemeanor". Nobody is going to bother going after a website outside of the US for a misdemeanor.
    Doesn't mean it wouldn't cause eBay and such to take it down. It's not illegal to sell WoW accounts but they started taking those down and Blizzards request a LONG time ago.

And you think people don't care about misdemeanors? Go drink and drive if you think people don't care about misdemeanors, or strip in public, its a law and if caught you can go to court.

Scalpers outside events HAVE been arrested before, I've seen it first hand.

(not the people who buy the tickets, they haven't done anything wrong really, except stupidly buy overpriced tickets)

Doesn't mean it wouldn't cause eBay and such to take it down. It's not illegal to sell WoW accounts but they started taking those down and Blizzards request a LONG time ago.

And you think people don't care about misdemeanors? Go drink and drive if you think people don't care about misdemeanors, or strip in public, its a law and if caught you can go to court.

Scalpers outside events HAVE been arrested before, I've seen it first hand.

(not the people who buy the tickets, they haven't done anything wrong really, except stupidly buy overpriced tickets)
    Drinking and driving is a felony. Do you know the difference between a misdemeanor, and a felony? I doubt you do, if you think handing a gate agent a scalped ticket, and drunk driving are the same.

But I know your response is fueled from butthurt and refusing to admit you may be wrong, so i won't waste time commenting on the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Drinking and driving is a felony. Do you know the difference between a misdemeanor, and a felony? I doubt you do, if you think handing a gate agent a scalped ticket, and drunk driving are the same.

But I know your response is fueled from butthurt and refusing to admit you may be wrong, so i won't waste time commenting on the rest.
    Uh, in the US up to 3 or 4 depending on state, drinking and driving is a misdemeanor, and no, I'm not wrong, scalping tickets will get you arrested, if you're doing it outside the venue, doubt online, but it still doesn't change the fact that it would behoove eBay such to take illegal tickets down
    If

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fynnlagh View Post
    Good luck by trying to enforce a law from California in a country on the other side of the world. And no, California would never arrest a citizen of another country because he/she bought a ticket on ebay. The worst thing that could happen is ebay closing the account from the seller. Everything else is dreaming from your side.

We have similar laws here about selling tickets for football matches. Tickets belong to the person who bought it. They are still getting sold on ebay, in front of the stadium or everywhere else. No one cares about that. You know why? The ticket prize isn't worth starting an investigation and getting police and prosecution department to check these kind of things. Sure, if you sell a ticket in front of a police officer you will most likely get arrested.
    If you bought one of this tickets you don't have to fear anything. Even tickets with names on it don't get checked at stadiums. Why? Because it's impossible to check 70.000 people entering a stadium for a football match. And Blizzards Blizzcon tickets have no name on it and no one will check if you bought your ticket at day 1 or from ebay or someone gifted it to you. They already earned their money, they want you at Blizzcon. End of story.
    I never said it was illegal to buy, just to sell, it's only idiotic to buy but won't end in a fine.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-04-09 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Hmmmmm.... Interesting

Because it's illegal in the state of california:

A Under California Penal Code Section 346, a misdemeanor can be filed if:

• Someone sells a ticket for admission to an event without the written permission of the owner or operator of the property where the event is taking place.

The seller obtained that ticket for resale at a price higher than face value.

• The transaction occurs on the grounds of or inside the event location.
    The only relavant part of ticket scalping in the State of California is this:

• [b]The transaction occurs on the grounds of or inside the event location.
    For this statute, in order to be in violation, you have to be violating all 3 sections of the code.