Thread: Best Profession

Cool Best Profession

What is the best profession to learn in WoW?

Deleted
    Enchanting: at the beginning of the new expansion is a profit profession because any player who do progress check any enchants for gear, ever and ever. Alchemy is very useful in raid for 2 hours flask. I think this two are the best.

Herbalist brah.

If you're like me and running dungeons almost 24/7 enchanting is definitely a way to go but I'd say herbalism is good as well, just depends on how you want to spend your time.

Engineering and enchanting on my main, great stuff

Profs you pick depend on your realm's economy.

If there's many raiding guilds on your realm, enchanting is a good pick, cuz gear rotation frequency is quite good.

Alchemy might be a good pick, but, sadly, on some realms crafting anything from herbs is a waste of money. Unless you're getting mats yourself AND you don't treasure your time (time is money), OR you're extremely lucky and extra flasks/pots proc all the time, you're better off selling herbs as is.

Engineering is a good pick too, selling mounts and few other gizmos is quite profitable.

Deleted
    i have engineering and jc on my main and really envy disenchanters and alchemists.
    Should i re-roll JC to one of those? If so, which one? Would 2 hours flask beat the money i am getting from disenchanting? I'd assume yes.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering for Loot-a-Rang if you are not melee (or druid, instamount and looting while mounted works just fine) because time is money.
    Second pick Enchanting (DE stuff you loot) or Alchemy (2h flasks) because money is also money. Everything else can and should be done on alts.

Gathering professions on mains are for the dirty peasants who end up taking 3 times more time doing their daily stuff because there's a leystone deposit 200y inside a cave but you have to pick it because the minimap ping won't go away

I like engineering for the turbo boots / reaves / jeeves / gun hat / mailbox / blingtron / access to auction house in dalaran
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    what about digital marketing...?

In the past enchantig was king because you could enchant almost all slots. With legion we have 5 slots and with necks/rings changing not much people dont need to reenchant. I am stuck since nh mythic with the same neck and 1 ring.

My main has engineering and mining. With mining, the blood shoulder and wq's i am swimming in blood and can use it on twinks.
    Can disenchanting also proc blood?

For me, there are only 3 profession choices that I would consider on my main.

Enchanting - There is just so much gear that is looted this expansion through world quests, dauntless token drops, and just the standard gear replacements, etc. that you are leaving a huge amount of gold on the table not having enchanting. I easily acquire like 150 crystals a week, and even Arkhana from DEeing greens is profitable. I find it's often not worth the effort/market capacity to mass produce actual enchants, but just selling the enchanting mats you naturally acquire is an easy 20-30k/week.

Alchemy - The 2 hour flasks aren't all that big of a deal if your guild drops cauldrons (there are extras anyway), but the real value of Alchemy is converting Bloods of Sargeras into Prolonged Power pots. The value of making and selling Prolonged Power with bloods is generally 2-3 times as profitable as any other trade good you can convert them into through the vendor, so it's kind of like Enchanting; you're leaving a lot of gold on the table not having it. It's worth something like 150g for every blood that you acquire (over and above what you'd be able to trade it for as is), so if you acquire 200 bloods a week, it's worth 30k/week.

Engineering - It's terrible for making gold, but there are so many QoL conveniences with engineering that I personally find it impossible to run without it on my main.
    - Dalaran AH
    - Loot-a-rang
    - Free portal to Broken Isles zone of your choice every 30 minutes
    - Jeeves/portable mail box/Blingatron
    - Free portals to Outland/Northrend/Pandaria, etc. - valuable if you do old raids, pet battle trainers, etc.
    - Free glider cloak enchant
    To me, all of these things add up to being worth more on a main than the extra gold I could get from a different profession, and I'd never drop it.

I think the gear crafting professions are largely useless. Crafted armor pieces are never at a high enough ilvl to have relevance, and the crafted legendaries are outright terrible, and not a big profit maker. Inscription similarly has little practical benefit. It's something to have on an alt if you really want access to it, but doesn't bring any "must have" perks to have on a main. I feel the same way about Jewelcrafting.

As far as gathering professions - I think they are generally worth grabbing at the start of an expansion when mats are at a premium, but become pretty useless fairly early on. This is especially the case with Legion and the blood vendor; why would you spend your time gathering raw mats when you naturally reel in bloods from doing more valuable things (WQ mobs with the shoulder enchant, M0, etc.)? You can just buy whatever you need from the blood vendor. The unique stuff like Infernal Brimstone and Felwort can easily just be bought off the AH, because you don't need huge quantities of it. It's definitely not enough to prop those professions into being useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    In the past enchantig was king because you could enchant almost all slots. With legion we have 5 slots and with necks/rings changing not much people dont need to reenchant. I am stuck since nh mythic with the same neck and 1 ring.

My main has engineering and mining. With mining, the blood shoulder and wq's i am swimming in blood and can use it on twinks.
    Can disenchanting also proc blood?
    Yes, DEing can proc bloods, but it seems to be at a pretty poor rate (like 10% or something at best). However, I don't think you even need a gathering profession to be swimming in bloods. I tend to get 200+ extra bloods per week, just DEing what I get and using the Bloodhunter shoulder enchant.

Engineering for sure - but its expensive
    Last edited by crazylandd; 2017-05-01 at 02:40 PM.
    want to build your own PC? - TheComputerFinder - dont spend more than you need!

basket weaving

I think enchanting is a must on at least one char, even if all you're doing is DEing stuff the mats sell decent considering the minimal effort required to obtain them. I typically pick up herbalism as a gather, mostly to dump into guild bank for raid flasks.

Entirely depends on your goals. Some professions are better for making gold, some are better for utility for your guild, some are better for personal enjoyment.

Gold: Herbalism, Alchemy, Enchanting

Guild Utility: Enchanting, Alchemy, Jewelcrafting, Armor Crafters (for gearing out alts quickly early in xpac)

Personal enjoyment: Engineering, Inscription

I go for the most passive yet efficient choice. Alchemy + Enchanting.

When i play i only do m+ and raids so 2 hour flask and Disenchanting all the gear is 2-3 times more money then selling it to a vendor. Saves money with 0 effort or distraction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting. It's easy and safe!
    - says Ralph