Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    explosives were large enough to scatter large parts of the bullet proof glass.

looks like a lot more than just large firecrackers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    don't worry though. open borders and increasing influx of radicalised refugees who hate western civilisation is a good thing.
    I would be surprised if that is actually an islamist plot. They usually go for maximum death toll, not for famous persons and a combination of 3 IEDs also seems to be quite sophisticated compared to what we have seen from refugees so far.

Sounds more to me its was just a case of Football Hooliganism than Islamic terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe...e=news_central

Looks like we need to reset the clock again..
    oy oy dont be so racist - here take some anti-terrorists crayons and go fight like good EU citizen

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    Sounds more to me its was just a case of Football Hooliganism than Islamic terrorism.
    Police was of course present and will investigate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oy oy dont be so racist - here take some anti-terrorists crayons and go fight like good EU citizen

You guys really love to jump to conclusions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    I would be surprised if that is actually an islamist plot. They usually go for maximum death toll, not for famous persons and a combination of 3 IEDs also seems to be quite sophisticated compared to what we have seen from refugees so far.
    it was a 'mentally ill' muslim refugee who has been on the polices watchlist.

but it is because he is mentally ill. not openly a radical islamist.

For once I would not be shocked if it was not a person of "insert the religion everyone knows I mean but can't say here" it seems a bit to sofisticated for them.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    police will hold a press conference soon.

and heavier than fire crackers, says police.

Marc Bartra's injury is a broken radius bone, together with multiple small fragments embedded in the arm.
    State attorney will handle the attack as attempted murder now.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-04-11 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Those damn christian extremists!!
    I think it was those violent football hooligans.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    I think it was those violent football hooligans.
    Seems a bit over their usual budget ? Put a hold on the bus perhaps, but real explosions ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Seems a bit over their usual budget ? Put a hold on the bus perhaps, but real explosions ?
    Tbh, a random supporters club probably has access to more money to spend on bombs than most radicals, most islamist attacks outside of paris have been incredibly low-budget and low-tech. Besides that this was obviously a targeted attack based on insider info on where the bus would be.

To me this doesn't like the MO of Islamic terrorists at all.

However I guess the investigation will turn up with some ideas about who did it, so little point speculating at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speculation that it is blackmail related, which makes sense to me. Political, religious or rivalry motives seem unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    don't worry though. open borders and increasing influx of radicalised refugees who hate western civilisation is a good thing.
    Yeah, you can take your agenda and fuck right off. This isn't about your particular kind of extremism. This is about someone attacking football. See ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Speculation that it is blackmail related, which makes sense to me. Political, religious or rivalry motives seem unlikely.
    Schalke offered their support. And they're the ones that have the biggest rivalry. So we can rule that out for certain. Political or religious doesn't seem likely, either. I wouldn't be surprised about your blackmail rumour. Or some weird grudge or something totally idiotic.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, you can take your agenda and fuck right off. This isn't about your particular kind of extremism. This is about someone attacking football. See ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Schalke offered their support. And they're the ones that have the biggest rivalry. So we can rule that out for certain. Political or religious doesn't seem likely, either. I wouldn't be surprised about your blackmail rumour. Or some weird grudge or something totally idiotic.
    you seem angry. OMG football! i have to pretend to be angry or it means i am not a big fan. Bizarre. Please support top german and arguably best european team and tell me how much of a fan of the game you are.

also, reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Real Football not American Handegg.
    So nancy boy soccer then?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Dortmund have a traditional political affiliation? We do not have that for clubs in the UK, but in places like Cyprus and Greece, which team you support often indicates your political leanings, e.g. Omonia Nicosia are aligned with the Communist party (AKEL).

I think some clubs in Italy have political associations as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Football, soccer, whatever. A game where primary contact with the ball is from the foot, hence football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why are Americans always so jealous that football is bigger than any sport invented in the HS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Does Dortmund have a traditional political affiliation? We do not have that for clubs in the UK, but in places like Cyprus and Greece, which team you support often indicates your political leanings, e.g. Omonia Nicosia are aligned with the Communist party (AKEL).

I think some clubs in Italy have political associations as well.
    German clubs can have a political "tendency", but it's not very strong in most cases. I know St. Pauli is the most openly political club (strong leftwing) while Bayern is mainly just anti-right (being a Jewish club and all). Dortmund has had some problems with nazis among their fans, but I don't think the club is actually political in any direction. However, I don't know their stuff very well, so I can't really comment for certain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Not at all, as far as I (a German) know.

What I really loved was reading that the Monacco fans broke out in Dortmund fan chants, and on the other hand super fast online-support formed to help get these fans a place to sleep for the night (like in at home of a local, free of charge). That's the spirit of true sportsmanship, and also shows just how xenophobic and anti-integration Germans really are.
    This tendency to invite strangers into your home has started after Paris. I quite like the humanistic idea of it and admire anyone doing that, but I have a feeling this is going to backfire at some point. Be that as it may, mighty proud of our little football community in Europe. Keep the fight on the pitch, not off the pitch. When it matters, they just know what's right.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    German clubs can have a political "tendency", but it's not very strong in most cases. I know St. Pauli is the most openly political club (strong leftwing) while Bayern is mainly just anti-right (being a Jewish club and all). Dortmund has had some problems with nazis among their fans, but I don't think the club is actually political in any direction. However, I don't know their stuff very well, so I can't really comment for certain.
    Fair enough, I know some clubs have political connections, I was not sure about Germany.