Deleted

Question Is brewmaster monk worst tank atm?

I keep hearing people say that brewmaster monk tank is not very good so far this expansion, and that other tanks are much better and will be picked more etc.

Do you guys agree? i visited warcraft logs and i found this:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=4

I really want to level my 100 monk but im not sure now :/

Deleted
    brm monk are strong now. blood dks or prot wars are considered worse than them

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    I keep hearing people say that brewmaster monk tank is not very good so far this expansion, and that other tanks are much better and will be picked more etc.

Do you guys agree? i visited warcraft logs and i found this:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=4

I really want to level my 100 monk but im not sure now :/
    Ignore the warcraft logs tank survivability. The entire formula does not work and has been said multiple times by the creator. The R in KRSI stands for "Resolve" which no longer exists.

BrM are extremely strong right now so I would not worry about leveling one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Ignore the warcraft logs tank survivability. The entire formula does not work and has been said multiple times by the creator. The R in KRSI stands for "Resolve" which no longer exists.

BrM are extremely strong right now so I would not worry about leveling one.
    ah ok, was worried there xD thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    brm monk are strong now. blood dks or prot wars are considered worse than them
    I am shelving my prot warrior in favor of my Paladin. My BRM tank can cheese half the mechanics on fights thanks to stagger while i get my ass handed to me. Mythic Krosus has made up my mind for me.

BRM is really good right now.

I know KRSI and the Tank rankings on warcraftlogs are busted/incorrect, but from what I remember a low score on this chart (low KRSI) should mean that that tank is stronger. This would mean the chart you linked is showing Brewmaster as the best tank by a fair margin.

Regardless, as mentioned already Brewmaster is a very strong tank currently Top 1/2.

Deleted
    Monk is the 2nd strongest tank arm, if not almost on par with Guardian.

Deleted
    They are planning changes for Brewmaster and Guardian in 7.2.5 to bring them more in line with other tanks, just something to keep in mind so you don't get disappointed later on.

Id wait for the datamined changes

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    They are planning changes for Brewmaster and Guardian in 7.2.5 to bring them more in line with other tanks, just something to keep in mind so you don't get disappointed later on.
    Very good to point out. But so far there aren't any changes that seem to drastically change how good a BrM is. Not having long timers on ironskin brew is more an inconvenience than a nerf imo. Should still be good to lvl your monk. Not to mention they are pretty fun to play atm, with the right talent setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyriousx View Post
    Monk is the 2nd strongest tank arm, if not almost on par with Guardian.
    2nd tank yes. On par with Guardians? Lightyears away from how stupid easy bears are, the entire spec is made for handicapped blind people, it's so boringly lame that I can't play one (and I play WoW to chill, that's how boringly easy guardian is).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Very good to point out. But so far there aren't any changes that seem to drastically change how good a BrM is. Not having long timers on ironskin brew is more an inconvenience than a nerf imo. Should still be good to lvl your monk. Not to mention they are pretty fun to play atm, with the right talent setup!
    Their design perspective is to not change the efficiency of the class while tanking normally, they want to iron out the exploiting possibilities based on stagger mechanic and make the rotation smoother, also make talents a little more meeaningful. Overall they don't plan to buff or nerf the class at all and none of the changes I have seen so far reflects any form of nerfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    2nd tank yes. On par with Guardians? Lightyears away from how stupid easy bears are, the entire spec is made for handicapped blind people, it's so boringly lame that I can't play one (and I play WoW to chill, that's how boringly easy guardian is).
    Yes Guardian is brain dead, and easier to focus on raid fights as the possible mistakes you can make are very minimal.

That wasn't the point though, a Brewmaster played at a high level is about on par with Guardian as top tank in the game right now for high end raiding. If the argument was which took more skill you might of had a clever retort, but you don't.