Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Flickering red dots on apparently random things

I've just today noticed certain things are showing flickering red dots. The two things I've noticed was the Wildstar forum, oddly enough, has these dots, but only on the center field where the text is.

I've also noticed it appeared on the Blizzard App (Bnet) when I hover my mouse over the game icons. Not right now though, right now it's only the Wildstar forums that have the dots.

THe even wierder thing is I just tried to take a screenshot of it to show what it looks like, and the image of the screenshot is flickering with red dots. The screenshot itself, while in ImageReady, is flickering with red dots.
    As a result, I don't know wether or not it's captured the red dots in this screenshot, but I'll show it anyway.
    http://i.imgur.com/QR8vs5l.png

It's as if that particular color is making this happen.

I've just made a Furmark stress test to check my graphics temps and all. It's just fine, nothing weird about it and it's well within safety limits. 24 minimum and 71 max temp.
    Could this be my monitor?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very likely an artifact from an over-worked and/or faulty GPU.

Can you just take a picture with your phone/other camera and post it? That link doesn't show me anything.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Very likely an artifact from an over-worked and/or faulty GPU.

Can you just take a picture with your phone/other camera and post it? That link doesn't show me anything.
    Well now it's not showing anymore. I can't find anything that shows it again.

My GFX is really new, just 5 months old. Nothing else indicates that it could be a problem with the card. Furmark shows no artifacts. Temperatures are normal. Games run normally.
    And wierdest of all, these dots disappear. Could be so simple as to be a loose cord? THe one thing I've done since last night has been to make sure the HDMI cord was properly in place. Now when I woke up, the PC has been on all night, the dots are gone.