Autohealing way , is it possible?

Is there a unitframe addon who show you the player with the lowest health on a specific spot on your frames? if thats possible then couldnt you lock your mouse cursor on that specific spot and simply mouseover healing automatically?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2017-04-21 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    That sounds like one of those classic addons, that blizzard broke for a good reason. I don't think there is something like that, also you would be a pretty bad healer in most situations if that was exactly what you did for healing.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would take away the whole 'triage' process a healer is supposed to do. That would automatize half the work of being a healer, and if something like that is possible within the current game, I sincerely hope Blizzard block that.

Trying to compare that to DPS terms: it would be like having one button that changes automatically to the next rotational ability you should use, so you just keep pressing that one button. If we were to play that way, why play at all? Just turn WoW into ClickerHeroes and we're done.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Is there a unitframe addon who show you the player with the lowest health on a specific spot on your frames? if thats possible then couldnt you lock your mouse cursor on that specific spot and simply mouseover healing automatically?
    lowest unit is a protected funtion. You can't use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    lowest unit is a protected funtion. You can't use that.
    i think it is when it comes to targeting but not placing frame , im not sure though.

The person with the lowest health isn't always the person you want to spam heals on, it's the person who is in the most danger of dying in a given moment. And those two can actually be different in situations where a DPS fucks up and stands in some shit, but then moves away and has time to be stabilized versus a tank at say, half health, and needs to be healed RIGHT NOW because the next attack will destroy them.

TL;DR Even if you could, you shouldn't.

Ideas such as yours are what made Blizzard break health bar sorting improvements.

Deleted
    As far as I heard, this is the way Healbot used to work in Vanilla, which gave the addon a bad reputation even years after the function had been broken and Healbot was just another raidframe. It was broken for obvious reasons, it was automating game play. Wasn't called heal-bot for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphiramoon View Post
    As far as I heard, this is the way Healbot used to work in Vanilla, which gave the addon a bad reputation even years after the function had been broken and Healbot was just another raidframe. It was broken for obvious reasons, it was automating game play. Wasn't called heal-bot for nothing.
    Decursive did it first, it reduced dispelling to one button.
    Which was completely resonable at that time when "raid encounters" commonly used to just debuff everyone and then have all dispellers race to remove those debuffs or wipe. At that time it didn't make the job easier, all it did was allow for raiders to see something besides their interface.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-04-22 at 11:38 AM.

It would be possible to show the frame but you wouldn't be able to perform any actions on it.

You can have a frame highlight/glow on the standard unit frames or any other frames for the lowest health person.
    I made an addon to highlight frames, for a short period, that receives certain debuffs that I specify.

Deleted
    i think it is when it comes to targeting but not placing frame , im not sure though.
    It's not about targetting but straight up registering who is the lowest hp in a situation.

and why is this so important? and if not trargetting and "brain afk" heal this player why you have to see it? but if you use grid2 for example you can show the missing healt % in a number (at a text indikator)

but every way, a highlight of low life, a number, a glow or whatever, it is still your job to wacht the frame and check yourself wich player to heal. thats kind of the healer job i strongly believe. if you have problems with that, then you need practci and or a better interface thats allow you to do your healerjob

If your goal was to create a healbot, the task of identifying which healthbar is the lowest is a very simple task to manage, you designate an area of the screen for raid frames, then simply having the bot click / mouseover the injured target and click the preset buttons. It's not at all hard to make.

However, the effectiveness of such a bot would be limited, as healing is much more about planning and foresee than reacting to damage, it also wouldn't be very good at utilizing cooldowns on an encounter and would require a lot of work to create a bot which could play for you, as for example Botanist orbs have to be identified, the health of them, alongside knowing how much damage it'll do to all the different classes.