Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arindel View Post
    So Listo had a cult if I understood correct? Does that mean that there are more like him or he had to convert people? I'm not sure i quite understand the goo mechanic properly he couldnt recruit anyone until he rolled a black goo as far as i can tell. However his card says "fellow goo", does that mean that there are other goo's as well or only the ones that he could have recruited. (sorry if i dont make any sense :P )
    My understanding of the Goo role (note: i have never played a game with the role until now) is that it is a mostly reactive mayhem role. Something a mod adds to a game to create mayhem. As you can see, there are a lot of ways the goo can cause mayhem - from blocking people targetting it, to poisoning anyone targetting it.

Per the rolecard flipped, Listo would get a random color every night. Depending on his color, one of the effects would happen.
    So f.ex, had Listo been a blue goo when he was lynched, Largehorn would now be a blue goo. That's a cult right there.

The goo role could also be a passive cult recruiter, if black color. Also, the role on mafiascum also has a "grey goo" power, which is straight up a targetable cult recruiter. Whomever targeted turns into a grey goo themselves. We do not know if he started with a color, but IMO I do not believe so. I'm in no rush to lynch Largehorn over this just to be sure, at least.

So yeah - Listo was scum in role, even if he didn't have to play for scum in effect. However, I am fairly certain he counts as third party scum as far as game setup is concerned, probably taking the place of a serial killer this game. I do not expect there to be more goo roles around, unless someone else independently also started with that role.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I do not expect there to be more goo roles around, unless someone else independently also started with that role.
    Especially in a game this size.

I think we could expect another goo or two with similar roles to Listo, if this was a 25-30 player game.
    But in a game with 15 players, I'd be surprised by another goo role aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'm thinking listo probably wasn't any color yet, so hopefully large isn't a blue goo. I'm thinking no right now.
    I didn't get a message saying I had been turned into anything, which leads me to believe that Listo wasn't a color yet. If I'm a blue goo, I haven't been told that.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    I didn't get a message saying I had been turned into anything, which leads me to believe that Listo wasn't a color yet. If I'm a blue goo, I haven't been told that.
    you'd want us to think that wouldnt you? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arindel View Post
    you'd want us to think that wouldnt you? :P
    Yes actually. Because the last thing I want is to keep that shit going >.>.

I have no reason to not be up front from the get goo on this.

Heh heh... I made a funny.

Feel free to goo after it though, I can't stop you. Word of warning though, I am going to mock you relentlessly, all the way to the gallows.

*snicker I did it again*

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 Large is a Jester

inb4 Large is a Jester
    You know one of these days I want to actually get that role. I think it could be a lot of fun to mess with people. :S

Obliterated by magic dust, eh? I guess the goo was not the only weird ass role here.

Other than that, the lynch was prudent and while my vote may have been "random" (or however it was described), listos claim did involve some parts that certainly did not seem townish and ... well, we all saw the whole flip. I was just surprised, that such a role is actually described in the game wiki. Just makes one wonder what else there is in this game. Graehams investigator sounds almost boring alongside a goo and some weird fairy godmother blowing people up with magic dust...

Is there anything else to go with, other than trying to second guess if Large became a goo or not and who blew up Graeham? Could that have been a fancy pgo? If yes, then who did he investigate? Well, obvious first guess is dupti, but dunno if obvious is the way he would have gone.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    On the listo lynch: if felt a small bit like a deflection from danger but not overly so that I'm willing the pursue it at this time.
    On his role: I think lynching was the correct move

On graeham death: not surprising in the least considering the end of the last game which speaks to a more veteran player

On calling out large for hammering: if you don't have 5 posts by t-minus 4 hours, tough shit. It's majority only lynch so lunches need to happen.

Anyways bed time night all

Also, why would you want to keep a goo alive @dupti? goo's, from the look of it (prior to the flip), could end up pretty anti town.
    I kind of explained it yesterday, but I can elaborate. I believed his claim and survivor is kind of borderline bastard and most players dislike playing it (difficult to win, gets policy lynched etc), so I felt kind of bad for listo so I wouldn't mind letting him live as long as he would side with town (as in playing a pro town game), since scum was never going to kill him he would basically just be a free town vote. It was risky and the mechanical correct play is to just policy lynch him which was why I couldn't really argue against the train.

Hoping we dodged a bullet by eliminating the cult on day 1. I'd be shocked if there was another of the same role. But if there's a chance large took over as cult leader then he'd be worth a lynch today.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the chance of him starting as blue goo are pretty high..

Disagree. He flipped as a rainbow goo, I doubt he started as a specific goo.

Well as far as i understand getting rid of the goo role is a good thing for town so i'm happy with that. I wouldnt want to have the goo running lose even if he would say that would help town at the end of the day it is a cult and cults are dangerous.
    I believe that he didnt have the time to recruit anyone however im having mixed feelings about large. He could have turned in to goo since he was the one that hammered.
    Large, i really want to believe you but like i said before gut feeling. And my previous gut feeling lead to a goo role :P
    I might change my vote later on depending on how the day will flow.

Vote: Largehorn

Also

FoS: Dupti
    Because i still havent forgotten the first day claim :P

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Disagree. He flipped as a rainbow goo, I doubt he started as a specific goo.
    Rainbow goo was his role, not his state. He would have flipped rainbow goo no matter when he died.
    It wouldn't make sense for him to flip the role of whatever goo he had rnged that night - he still retains all the other parts of the role card for the next night.

If I was moderating a game whose balance included a cult, and the cult leader had the ability to be replaced when he died, I would want that in effect only at the start of the game.

That wasn't my point. My point is that seeing as he flipped as a rainbow goo and roles card says he gets a color at night, I think it is way more likely he did not have a color at that point and if Largehorn is town then I think you're very suspicious for pushing that.

I view it this way :

If we lynch largehorn
    Risk - we mislynch a tpr, and have very little scum info to go on next day because trains are based on goo, not scum reads.
    Reward - we eliminate the cult when it otherwise might have survived Listo's death.

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't my point. My point is that seeing as he flipped as a rainbow goo and roles card says he gets a color at night, I think it is way more likely he did not have a color at that point and if Largehorn is town then I think you're very suspicious for pushing that.
    I know it says he randoms a colour at night.
    What I'm saying is that he probably stated with blue for the sake of balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually wait. I just had a thought.

We don't have to kill him. We just have to avoid visiting him.

The goo is only effective if someone targets it.

Dare I say - - the goo is impotent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I finally have time to look and reply. Work sucks.

Survivor or Cult leader... The goo role needed to go. Sucks that listo really didnt get a chance to play (role looked amusing) but that lynch was the right one to go with.

Now the question, push someone that disagreed with Graehams line of thinking or someone that shied away from that conversation completely.

Vote dupti
    Seems like as good a place as any too start (since my vote was there a good portion of yesterday). Will also keep an eye on Large.

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Well, I finally have time to look and reply. Work sucks.

Survivor or Cult leader... The goo role needed to go. Sucks that listo really didnt get a chance to play (role looked amusing) but that lynch was the right one to go with.

Now the question, push someone that disagreed with Graehams line of thinking or someone that shied away from that conversation completely.

Vote dupti
    Seems like as good a place as any too start (since my vote was there a good portion of yesterday). Will also keep an eye on Large.
    Graeham's 'line of thinking' was complete nonsense. Which is not an insult to him. It was day 1 and he was trying to spout enough bullshit to defend himself. I'm pretty sure he knew what he was saying was not persuasive, and his Omgus post was the same as he always does.

But you latched into it completely. If you were thinking about your reads and votes there's no way you would do that. So you're either not thinking clearly or you're scum looking for easy contribution.

Marack just to be sure, are you voting on me because I 'disagreed' (explained why his logic did not make sense) with Graeham?

7+ Year Old Account
    Marack just to be sure, are you voting on me because I 'disagreed' (explained why his logic did not make sense) with Graeham?
    No. Same reason as my vote for you D1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Graeham's 'line of thinking' was complete nonsense. Which is not an insult to him. It was day 1 and he was trying to spout enough bullshit to defend himself. I'm pretty sure he knew what he was saying was not persuasive, and his Omgus post was the same as he always does.

But you latched into it completely. If you were thinking about your reads and votes there's no way you would do that. So you're either not thinking clearly or you're scum looking for easy contribution.
    OMGUS or not. The fact that people latched to 1 portion of his rambling is what stuck out to me.