Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does this count as murder and was the punishment reasonable?

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/gen...us-in-whittier

Despite the date of that article, this was just playing now on live news.

In short, a kid burned to death because of the negligence of that guy as he was having sex with someone else. His punishment is merely two years, but what I'm wondering is if the punishment was enough, whether it qualifies as murder even if I have zero sympathy for autisic people. He seemed to get off pretty lightly IMO.

Deleted
    you have zero sympathy for autistic people?
    What on earth do you mean by that?

No one is claiming that that was actually murder.

He cut a deal and accepts full responsibility. Maximum penalty was only 9 years. It's tragic, but the family will probably sue the school corporation for negligence and win and get a nice chunk of change. And that's not trying to say it will replace their son, but it is what it is.

And it's not murder. Murder has intent. The driver did not intend to kill the kid. It's manslaughter. And the kid didn't burn to death. He died of overheating and probably dehydration. It was a hot day in southern Arizona. He was inside an aluminum box for 7 hours at roughly 96 degrees, not enough to burn him.
    Last edited by talwynn; 2017-04-25 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Because I have my own beliefs, okay?

And some part of me believes they were as lenient as they were with this guy because the kid was autistic and it's not seen as any loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    whether it qualifies as murder even if I have zero sympathy for autisic people.
    Umm, wat?

No, it's manslaughter and negligence. There's no legal argument for it being murder.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't just say something like that and expect people to accept it, while acknowledging you and engaging in constructive dialogue, without some sort of explanation. You're welcome to have that opinion, but you ought to at least have the balls to back it up.

Why do you lack sympathy for people with autism? Are you prejudiced against the disabled and those with brain injuries as well? Is it because they're different than you? Do you consider them subhuman?
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-04-25 at 01:09 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presumably thinks they should imprisoned or killed, judging by their posting history.

A coffee shop I have frequented over 2017 has had some strange sightings, but it hit its breaking point today and I felt like asking this.
    Eventually, a man with no hair on his head and half his face with burn scars came in. Like holy shit, I assumed he had to be a monster but he was quiet and sat down to read. I just cannot get why someone like this wouldn't make any attempt to hide his deformed face for the sake of others.

But two days ago, I saw a guy in a wheelchair come in. He was in that wheelchair because...he had no goddamn legs. I was so fucking bothered by this I wanted to tell him to just have the decency to get out, but I did that instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Why do you lack sympathy for people with autism? Are you prejudiced against the disabled and those with brain injuries as well?
    Posting history says "yes".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    How you doing Doctor Mengele?

Deleted
    Nope, not okay.
    It's not the drivers fault when the Kid doesn't gets out of the bus. What's next? Architects going to prison because morons use them to kill themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    How you doing Doctor Mengele?
    I would have gone with Dr. Moreau but that works too i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Nope, not okay.
    It's not the drivers fault when the Kid doesn't gets out of the bus. What's next? Architects going to prison because morons use them to kill themselves?
    When you're working a job where you're responsible for the safety of others, especially those whom cannot care for themselves alone and need assistance, yes, it's your fault the kid doesn't get out of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Umm, wat?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't just say something like that and expect people to accept it, while acknowledging you and engaging in constructive dialogue, without some sort of explanation. You're welcome to have that opinion, but you ought to at least have the balls to back it up.

Why do you lack sympathy for people with autism? Are you prejudiced against the disabled and those with brain injuries as well?
    Don't point fingers at me for coming up with this belief, autistic people are widely accepted as a burden/nuisance to a progressive society and born from bad genes.

I merely have no sympathy for his death is all, I just don't condone this driver's antics. Don't jump to conclusions like I want anyone to die or anything, all it is is no sympathy or sentiments for anyone with autism, or wanting to do anything with them personally.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-04-25 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When you're working a job where you're responsible for the safety of others, especially those whom cannot care for themselves alone and need assistance, yes, it's your fault the kid doesn't get out of the bus.
    Unless they're autistic, those little bastards had it coming. I mean really, did you see how excited they were about their Pokemon cards? God, everyone knows that cool kids play Yu-Gi-Oh on the schoolbus.

/s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I would have gone with Dr. Moreau but that works too i guess.
    I'm ashamed i didn't say that myself. I agree

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't point fingers at me for coming up with this belief, autistic people are widely accepted as a burden/nuisance to a progressive society and born from bad genes.

I merely have no sympathy for his death is all, I just don't condone this driver's antics. Don't jump to conclusions like I want anyone to die or anything, all it is is no sympathy or sentiments for anyone with autism, or wanting to do anything with them personally.
    So what you're trying to tell us here is that you see autistic people as a burden on humanity and as subhuman, because if they were humans you would care about their deaths.

I'm trying really hard to see a different thing than that in what you're saying, but the reality is that there just isn't one. You don't want them to die, but you also don't care if they do because they're autistic.

the term autistic means jack shit, im autistic and i function just like you. They need to start using the actual diagnosis rather than the general brand of autisitc.

Maybe he just didn't notice the kid was still on the bus?

There was an incident in California where the bus was dropping off school children in a rural area, first day of school the bus driver dropped a 5 year old off in, not at the 5 year old stop, but a bus stop about 5 miles away. They found the kid trying to hoof it back home.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    A progressive society would surely have learned to be sympathetic to those less fortunate I imagine.
    If they're functioning human beings under shitty circumstances (a lot of the homeless), why not.

Have you ever read about what it's like to work in a mental asylum? That's the last I'll say on this matter of autism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The responsibility of a bus driver is to drive people from point A to point B. It is the responsibility of the client to decide where point B is and that they leave the vehicle once they reach point B. If you want a driver to wipe your ass, get a limo. If your child isn't intelligent enough to leave a bus after it gets too hot and he starts to dehydrating, don't let him travel on a bus alone.

Just review the OP's posting history, you can draw your conclusions from there.