Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Flying plus WQGF was the answer to the problem of 10 horde to every alliance on Shadowmoon. It was really nice to be able to get something done when I didn't have much time. If the server balance problems were resolved I wouldn't need WQGF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baromen View Post
    Flying plus WQGF was the answer to the problem of 10 horde to every alliance on Shadowmoon. It was really nice to be able to get something done when I didn't have much time. If the server balance problems were resolved I wouldn't need WQGF.
    You (as well as many others) seem pretty clueless. Servers have not been in the same "world" for a long time, every player is in a shard and shard can have players from any realm in the region. Realm population has nothing to do with who you run into.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    You (as well as many others) seem pretty clueless. Servers have not been in the same "world" for a long time, every player is in a shard and shard can have players from any realm in the region. Realm population has nothing to do with who you run into.
    Okay, so why, when I'm on Shadowmoon, do I see more horde than alliance? I'm not pretending I know everything, but when I change shards and end up with guys from other servers I see different population balances. Could you explain it to me better? Maybe I'm missing something.

Terrible loss of WQGF. It was such a quality of life improvement especially for my less geared toons. Now back to the slow slog of completing quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Frell View Post
    Terrible loss of WQGF. It was such a quality of life improvement especially for my less geared toons. Now back to the slow slog of completing quests.
    you can still use this addon only you must right click to eye and browse groups manualy it is still faster like blizzard UI

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    You're still going to be able to use WQGF, you're just now going to have to press a button prompt from the addon twice, big whoop. I never turned that off honestly, so it always asked me if I wanted to find a group instead of automatically looking.
    somthing's up with the addon i'm getting no prompts when i get to a wq and i downloaded the update

Guess I'm not doing WQs anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Sorry that we played an MMORPG together with other people.
    Is this supposed to be a joke? Popping in and out of groups to complete world quests by afking around is now "playing with other people"?

If only this game still promoted ACTUAL group play that would be great. And I mean with strangers, I don't mean grouping up with your guild to fight the same boss for 3 hours or smash a dungeon you did a trillion times except now the mobs do 384% more dmg and explode when you look at them.

But I guess raising any concern about these things will immediately have me labelled as a hater and "toxic".
    The thing is, everyone has many many memories of making and MAINTAINING friendships ingame with people they met while questing or while trying to form dungeon groups during vanilla and BC, can you be 100% honest and tell me when was the last time this happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Frell View Post
    I mean COME ON!
    LOOK at this, I'm not making this up, this person is complaining that they actually have to do the quests. This is baffling to me, I'm at a loss for words. How can you defend something like this.
    Last edited by mmoc3fb070c86a; 2017-04-28 at 10:16 PM. Reason: more stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    I mean COME ON!
    LOOK at this, I'm not making this up, this person is complaining that they actually have to do the quests. This is baffling to me, I'm at a loss for words. How can you defend something like this.
    Can you blame people for actually complaining? WQs are incredibly boring, repetitive and they are not challenging...at all. Still people feel like they have to do them because of caches, AP etc....and WQH just made it easier. The problem wasn't WQH and it is not solved by removing the addon. The problem is quests and world content is boring, not challenging and repetitive. Sorry for repeating myself... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post

I mean COME ON!
    Have you tried doing a danger rare elite with like <800 ilvl? That person might have been referring to those. Not everyone using this thing just AFK'ed worldquests, because if everyone did, nothing would have gotten done. I personally liked the addon because I did not have to switch to shadow for WQs (since holy does not tag mobs quickly enough before other classes onehit them from you).

Deleted
    maybe you should skip those quests until you can do them? or wait for people to show up so you can kill them together?

anyway I don't wanna get too deep into this cause it's gonna get offtopic and this is a discussion I'm to passionate about

I honestly feel like this is just going to make it much more difficult for solo players to start getting people into their groups when they're not the only ones in queue. Since people will actually have to sift through a lists of similar titles, almost everyone will tunnel in on the 3-4+ groups and outright ignore the single player seed groups unless they're the only choice there is. WQGF, being random/first come first serve style of finding a group to my knowledge, had all groups treated equally for invite priority unless users manually joined them.

Blizzard should update the current questing tool to make their individual questing groups like the LFD/R tool where you have less control over who you end up with, but will quickly get you in, take out the objectives, then back out into the world onto the next quest.

Phasing also broke with the "hotfix".

Deleted
    So first mob scaling bull*hit and now removing the only thing what makes WQs tolerable...

I wish the BEST for this Ian kid! Truly from my heart! I hope he will meet Mao wherever he is now.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-04-29 at 06:01 AM.

You realize rarely people make groups for you to search with the blizzard default, WQGF was the one making all the groups for you to join.

Blizzard default group finder doesnt nothing unless somebody makes the group. So don't know what you where lobbying for exactly. So there where a few leechers here and there, I don't care most don't do that. Lucky the addon has been updated so now its not automatic. Two clicks and it makes a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    Can you blame people for actually complaining? WQs are incredibly boring, repetitive and they are not challenging...at all. Still people feel like they have to do them because of caches, AP etc....and WQH just made it easier. The problem wasn't WQH and it is not solved by removing the addon. The problem is quests and world content is boring, not challenging and repetitive. Sorry for repeating myself... :P
    Do you have anything constructive to comment on? This is just a Troll, he was entitled to his option, WQGF made doing world quests with OTHER people. Maybe you like to solo, i find it fun playing with others.

The addon works again..all you have to do when going to a WQ is confirm the box that pops up twice and you're good

The default group finder is atrocious. My only use for wqgf was to allow my characters to go from 100 to 110. That's it. It's not like you'll really need it on your 110 characters since they basically kill everything in a couple of GCD's. However the invasion leveling, something is just way off about the mobs and the damage they do. Leveling characters have quite a struggle from my experience. But like someone pointed out, isn't this a mmo after all, isn't one of the goals to actually GROUP and play with OTHER people? It just feels like the whole idea behind the world quests was that they were meant to be SOLOED when a "nerf/fix" like this comes along. WQGF only took the horrible group finder interface and made it easy to use and that's why it was such a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    the new update is interesting, seems actually faster to queue now

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    So first mob scaling bull*hit and now removing the only thing what makes WQs tolerable...

I wish the BEST for this Ian kid! Truly from my heart! I hope he will meet Mao wherever he is now.
    bohoo you deal like 100% more dmg than you did with 820 gear and mobs have like 10% more hp, you dont have to be a genius todo math to see that its barely noticeable
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    another great addons leave us /salute

Add that is the crux now. There are very, very few groups now in the group finder.

It was a nice little addon for QoL in that I could log on, do the broken shore WQ's and then go do something else. Now, I've hit revered and I couldn't care less to grind out to exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Belenath View Post
    The addon is correct, because it relied on automatically creating groups and listing them. You can still use Blizzard's default Group Finder UI; however, this only shows up for the higher tier quests with the gold star around them. If they extended this feature to all of the world quests, it would be just fine. No addon necessary.

You can also right click and select Find Group, but with no automated group creation for specific quests, it's unlikely you'll find very many.