Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    This is so wrong that I dont know where to begin. Keeping up perfect bloodtalon bleeds on max targets while being zerged is possible for a very small percent of feral players. The ones that have gladiator and above.

Misinformation like this is why these topics are so bad. You will have players that got beaten in duels outside orgrimmar running to the forums claiming how OP and faceroll everything is except their class.

incorrect. I dont think I have dueled like once this expac let alone been outside the major cities. Feral is just very good and super easy. managing dots like an affi lock isnt hard dude. Sorry to crush any feral egos but its not. They also do great sustained pressure via tunneling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    Picked up Havoc DH and I'm already doing so much better. Even in skirmish arenas.
    Oh yeah? In a few hours you're competing on the level of where your mythically geared frost dk was/is at?

I'm gonna call BS on this whole thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's legion every class is easy.

If you're looking for something faceroll easy to play, you can go BM Hunter, but be ready to get trained by anyone that sees you. Players will literally drop whoever they are attacking and just focus you (most noticeable in world PVP). BM is great for arenas in short matches where there burst is high, but fall behind in BGs compared to MM. BM will also require some minor pet management as you will want to leave it on passive and command it to attack instead of letting it run around on its own, or you will more often than not be without it as it is all the way across the map without you in BGs.
    Fury warriors are also really strong right now and very easy to play, you just have to be able to control your Heroic Leap and manage charges so you can close gaps effectively. You will also want to look up macros for that spec.
    Guardian Druids are very strong now, but they are also nerfed now and lost a bit of effectiveness.
    If you want to heal, pick up a Reston Druid or MW monk. Both are very strong in BGs and very good in arena, but you will need to learn to manage mana as well as escaping attackers and placement. The skill ceiling is pretty low for those 2 healing specs to be decent, but mastering them offers huge rewards and make them very fun to play as you run circles around the people trying to kill you or the people you are healing.
    DHs are very similar, low ceiling to play at a decent level, but very strong once you learn them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Oh yeah? In a few hours you're competing on the level of where your mythically geared frost dk was/is at?

Well in PvP gear doesnt really matter. My DK has like 905 or 910 item level while DH about 880...that's 3% advantage in PvP, it feel negligible.

Deleted

Check his sig :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Check his sig :P
    Which is kind of my point. It feels more like a "Demon Hunters are stupid ez and stupid op" thread than it feels like a legitimate "bad player" looking for advice.

Any player who participates in mythic raiding has the situational awareness to perform above average in PvP, regardless of spec.

I don't buy that he's bad at PvP, I don't buy that he performs poorly on his DK, and I question the sincerity of the entire thread.

Deleted
    In reality playing a caster could be so frustrating, with a few exceptions: Frost/Fire Mage and Moonkin. If you find a good group when you can stay behind, DoT up everyone and safely nuke them from safe distance, then nothing is easier than SP, Warlock or Moonkin or any other caster. Or healer! But that kind of scenario is a rarity.
    So i would still recommend melee to you:
    Fury/Arms Warrior.
    Havoc/vengeance DH.
    Ret Paladin.
    UH DK.
    Rogue, if you want to have a lot of fun and survivability (stealth) and you don't care much about your low dmg. You can just go stealth, watch and wait for your turn.

If you really want to play a caster or a healer:
    BM Hunter.
    Frost/Fire mage.
    Affliction Warlock.

Healers:
    MW Monk (could be very hard with "wrong" Talents) and Resto druid.

From playing every single Specc in the Alpha/Beta i would say Assassination Rogues, Frost DKs and Havoc DHs, i might have forgotten some.

Also, this is subjective as always, i prefer to have more buttons, hence i rated them so badly, while others (like Arms Warrior) are way worse in their design but i still prefer to play them.

Edit: Also, this is a PvP perspective on things, things like Assassination Rogues can get quite complicated when it comes to keeping your dots on multiple Targets for max DPS.
    Last edited by Reapocalypse; 2017-05-12 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havoc demon hunters

Anyone under 1550 rating will say Havoc DH. Anyone above will say Arms Warrior.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    The only tank which can work in PvP is Guardian druid. As Protection Warrior i just die in seconds. I have better survivability as Fury.
    I recommend Shadow Priest, Havoc DH or Fury Warrior for BGs.
    nerfed, wouldn't bother.

wouldn bother with tanks if its not wpvp anyway.

If its wpvp i'd go indeed protection warrior, because the legendaries are insane on them granting them great selfheal and mobility.(dks only have selfheal) and vengeance dh.

Mobility along with mitigation is king.

anything else i'd take an affliction lock, shadow is just not as tough and needs more casts, affliction lock does same or better dmg and is a fortress. Its too easy to focus on them if you ever dare to play alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    From playing every single Specc in the Alpha/Beta i would say Assassination Rogues, Frost DKs and Havoc DHs, i might have forgotten some.

Also, this is subjective as always, i prefer to have more buttons, hence i rated them so badly, while others (like Arms Warrior) are way worse in their design but i still prefer to play them.

Edit: Also, this is a PvP perspective on things, things like Assassination Rogues can get quite complicated when it comes to keeping your dots on multiple Targets for max DPS.
    lol? alpha/beta is long over and things changed. Assassination is completely a pve spec, now. And future 7.2.5. sub changes that will provide more burst, will be the final nail in the coffin!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post

max dps in pvp, a good one

nothing can be easier than DH, its a total faceroll joke.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    incorrect. I dont think I have dueled like once this expac let alone been outside the major cities. Feral is just very good and super easy. managing dots like an affi lock isnt hard dude. Sorry to crush any feral egos but its not. They also do great sustained pressure via tunneling.
    Both are wrong. Managing bloodtalons isn't a "glad level" play, it's part of your basic rotation.

Due to the general pruning of the game, feral is probably one of the only specs in the game that still has some complexity left in its core gameplay. It came off quite lightly from the pruning after WoD, and it actually feels more rewarding to play than it did in MoP/WoD. The only thing I really miss is cyclone/hibernate, but it's still more rewarding than 90% of the braindead specs in the game.

Every actual good player I know thinks the same, if you state feral is easy to play ATM compared to other specs then you simply don't know anything about it, or play at 1400 MMR where people probably run Moment of Clarity.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-05-13 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Both are wrong. Managing bloodtalons isn't a "glad level" play, it's part of your basic rotation.

Due to the general pruning of the game, feral is probably one of the only specs in the game that still has some complexity left in its core gameplay. It came off quite lightly from the pruning after WoD, and it actually feels more rewarding to play than it did in MoP/WoD. The only thing I really miss is cyclone/hibernate, but it's still more rewarding than 90% of the braindead specs in the game.

Every actual good player I know thinks the same, if you state feral is easy to play ATM compared to other specs then you simply don't know anything about it, or play at 1400 MMR where people probably run Moment of Clarity.
    I agree with Krassz here. I've mained hunter since BC but I have all classes as alts except ret paladin since my best friend mains that. And believe me. Boy didn't Legion turn out some boring and simple class design. The only ones which are actually rewarding are the ones with still some complexity in them. Which among the melee specs is feral druid, survival hunter. I'm not sure which more. I would say rogue or windwalker just because toolkits but they really are not harder than they were in WoD. I'm very happy to be maining survival because I feel rewarded for doing stuff while if I'm on my alt arms warrior I get bored quickly for how scripted it feels. I can't understand how anyone could main warrior and be happy. Poor Bajheera man. I loved unholy for many expansions but you wouldn't get me to play it even if bribing me.

I understand in Legion blizzard wanted to kind of make a vanilla 2.0 because now they can add back complexity in the next expansion after all that pruning. It better come xD

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I agree with Krassz here. I've mained hunter since BC but I have all classes as alts except ret paladin since my best friend mains that. And believe me. Boy didn't Legion turn out some boring and simple class design. The only ones which are actually rewarding are the ones with still some complexity in them. Which among the melee specs is feral druid, survival hunter. I'm not sure which more. I would say rogue or windwalker just because toolkits but they really are not harder than they were in WoD. I'm very happy to be maining survival because I feel rewarded for doing stuff while if I'm on my alt arms warrior I get bored quickly for how scripted it feels. I can't understand how anyone could main warrior and be happy. Poor Bajheera man. I loved unholy for many expansions but you wouldn't get me to play it even if bribing me.

I understand in Legion blizzard wanted to kind of make a vanilla 2.0 because now they can add back complexity in the next expansion after all that pruning. It better come xD
    Same with the survival hunter thing, I've been wanting to try one out because it looks like the only other interesting spec (I tried 90% of specs out on beta, didn't enjoy any of them and survival was dogshit at launch) but I just hate the legion catchup bullshit.

Which is kind of my point. It feels more like a "Demon Hunters are stupid ez and stupid op" thread than it feels like a legitimate "bad player" looking for advice.

Any player who participates in mythic raiding has the situational awareness to perform above average in PvP, regardless of spec.

I don't buy that he's bad at PvP, I don't buy that he performs poorly on his DK, and I question the sincerity of the entire thread.
    This thread is for sure only here to bash how "faceroll" DHs are. Nothing else. Thread should be locked before it gets any uglier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    nerfed, wouldn't bother.

wouldn bother with tanks if its not wpvp anyway.

If its wpvp i'd go indeed protection warrior, because the legendaries are insane on them granting them great selfheal and mobility.(dks only have selfheal) and vengeance dh.

Mobility along with mitigation is king.

anything else i'd take an affliction lock, shadow is just not as tough and needs more casts, affliction lock does same or better dmg and is a fortress. Its too easy to focus on them if you ever dare to play alone.

- - - Updated - - -

lol? alpha/beta is long over and things changed. Assassination is completely a pve spec, now. And future 7.2.5. sub changes that will provide more burst, will be the final nail in the coffin!

- - - Updated - - -

max dps in pvp, a good one
    Indeed they are long over and things have quite changed.

Also, do you really think that Legion PvP has more depth to it than simple max dps? As hard as i try, besides maybe CC and all i can hardly see it, to maybe extend upon that, it has never been so much about max dps than now tbh from everything i have seen this xp.

I also get that Assassination is a PvE specc but can also be played in PvP, in which it is quite "easy to play".
    Also, yes the sub changes seem extremely good for 7.2.5.

So, also because of that, i would recommend testing the speccs on PTR to get a better insight of the future, dont think you can make premade characters there anymore though.

Edit: I have specified that the max dps argument was about PvE, reading is hard?
    Last edited by Reapocalypse; 2017-05-15 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post

Your kidding right? Casting a heal every few seconds (usually instant) is far from complex or difficult. I give more props to the rets or dks trying to stay on target with the limited mobility.

Hell, if keeping a buff like that up is "skilled/complex/hard" gameplay, than you might want to add havoc to the top high skill list since talenting momentum means you have yo juggle a damage buff similar to bloodtalons. But i requires you to possibly move out of position. Your post is just another example of ferals thinking their spec is difficult to play when it isn't....at all.