Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No problem about the Allied Races,it's your expansion so it's your choice and you definitely have the creative thinking to make an expansion beautiful and complete

I didn't expect lore chapters organized as a Chronicle book,the art is beautiful,i'm definitely excited and looking forward to read the chapters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

Thank you Chopper for your kind words and understanding. It's much appreciated.

I'm thinking of names for the Horde's vessel into K'aresh. I'm torn between "Wings of Al'ar" or "Al'ar's Flight". Or even salvage Tempest Keep and use it as Horde's hub. The Alliance will reuse the Vindicaar.

Trolldaeron aka @matrix123mko has made it again! He's made some concept art for female Efreet. They're gorgeous!

Also please do check out his gallery in DeviantArt -> trolldaeron.deviantart.com

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there!

Here's yet another art update from Trolldaeron aka @matrix123mko. This time, he's made up some crests for Ethereals, based on the legends of the First Thalaz'ir. They're awesome <3

Please, do check out his gallery in DeviantArt as well! -> trolldaeron.deviantart.com

- - - Updated - - -

Hello!

Quick update. Here are Efreet and Rakzash's racials and available classes! I like how convenient Shapeshift and Limited Wish are <3

Efreet

Available classes: Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Monk, Mage, Warlock

Racial abilities:

• [Limited Wish]: Efreet can have a wish granted to receive a convenient boon. The wish spell replenishes all health and mana, creates 20 mana buns, a healthstone and grants all party buffs to the caster. Active ability. Only usable out of combat. 2 sec cast, 30 min CD.
    • [Convergence of Elements]: 5% of all damage dealt is converted to Elemental damage.
    • [Bound by Magic]: Efreet receive 1% more secondary stats.
    • [Nethertouched]: Magic and Curse effect durations reduced by 10%.
    • [Magic Carpet]: Summon a magic carpet to transport the Efreet to the nearest flight master. 10 min CD.
    Rakzash

Available classes: Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Monk, Druid, Warlock

Racial abilities:

• [Shapeshift]: The innate shapeshifting abilities of the Rakzash allow them to transform into a fitting beast to travel, fly or swim faster while out of combat. Active ability. Instant. No cooldown.
    • [Nature's Zeal]: 5% of all damage dealt is converted to Nature damage.
    • [Spiritual Cleansing]: Disease and Poison effect durations reduced by 10%.
    • [Master of Forms]: Versatility increased by x.
    • [Unyielding Spirit]: Upon receiving a fatal damage, gain a 3 second window of extra life time before dying. Healing received during this window will not prevent death.

Beautiful art indeed! I really like the circular crests for they come across as pretty peculiar and unique.

I'm not much versed in designing original abilities,but from what i see the ones for the Rakzash and Efreet look balanced enough.
    Although i'm curious on 2 of them:
    Is Magical Carpet a replacement for having a mount?
    And which beasts are used in the Shapesift transformations?

As for the Horde vessel into K'aresh why don't you combine both Tempest Keep and the Al'ar theme? Basically have Tempest Keep be salvaged by the Blood Elves and the Goblins,while the Goblin handle the more technical parts,the Blood Elves will handle the magical part by partially resurrecting Al'ar and infusing it in the engine of Tempest Keep as a sort of magical AI,and bingo you have Al'ar Keep!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppersan View Post
    Beautiful art indeed! I really like the circular crests for they come across as pretty peculiar and unique.

I'm not much versed in designing original abilities,but from what i see the ones for the Rakzash and Efreet look balanced enough.
    Although i'm curious on 2 of them:
    Is Magical Carpet a replacement for having a mount?
    And which beasts are used in the Shapesift transformations?

As for the Horde vessel into K'aresh why don't you combine both Tempest Keep and the Al'ar theme? Basically have Tempest Keep be salvaged by the Blood Elves and the Goblins,while the Goblin handle the more technical parts,the Blood Elves will handle the magical part by partially resurrecting Al'ar and infusing it in the engine of Tempest Keep as a sort of magical AI,and bingo you have Al'ar Keep!
    Hello and thank you for your insights! I agree Trolldaeron makes an excellent work <3

Magic Carpet is merely a racial whistle. It is not a mount, it only transports you to the nearest flight master.

The beasts used for Shapeshift would be a spirit saber, spirit phoenix and spirit shark. All of them are spiritual projections of themselves. Their only physical manifestation is the humanoid tiger form.

Actually, Goblins know little about space vessels. I might bring back Voren'thal and old Kael'thas engineers to rebuild and salvage Tempest Keep alongside Ethereal tech.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    What a great concept. I really like how much work you've been putting into it, too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

Thank you for the kind words Stormbringer, they are much appreciated! <3

Here's another prototype map update! It was about time I built the initial zone: K'areshi Wastes. The Horde is in for a surprise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another map update! This time is Vale of Naughts! Now it's only Velath'nul left for the launch zones. Then it's patch areas, which are smaller so they shouldn't take me as much time. Hope you like it!

Last edited by Azalar; 2018-09-03 at 10:09 PM.

Wow dude, that's a really sick job of yours ! You definitely got talent. I wish I could help you but I suck at drawing things... What software do you use to draw the maps (with the background effects ^^)?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Wow dude, that's a really sick job of yours ! You definitely got talent. I wish I could help you but I suck at drawing things... What software do you use to draw the maps (with the background effects ^^)?
    Hey thank you for the support! I feel flattered.

I use Photoshop for the maps. Nothing really sophisticated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update time!

The Medic healer spec for Tinkers is finally complete! Take a look at the abilities. I hope you find how they work interesting.

Medic Tinkers are reliable field healers who make use of triage, healing beams, sprays and other devices to aid his allies in the heat of battle and cripple their enemies.

Passive bonuses

• [Biotech Probes]: Medic Tinkers are provided with 2 Biotech probes. The Tinker has access to 3 extra buttons to control them. One makes both Probes follow the Tinker, whereas the other two are used to place them at the desired location. Probes interact with some abilities.
    • [Cyclonic Feedback]: Probes absorb 50% of overhealing and damage caused by [Biotech Beam] and [Redflare Beam], up to a maximum of x amount. Healing and damage are unleashed when [Probopulse] is cast.
    • [Caduceus Reactor]: After not taking damage for 3 seconds, gain a shield that progressively grows in power up to generating a maximum of 20% of the Tinker’s health.

Mastery

• [Mastery – Triage]: Healing, shielding and damage of beams are progressively increased up to 20+x% as the channeling advances. Biotech probes replicate 1+x% more of these effects.

Active skills

• [Biotech Beam]: Channels a compact healing agent that heals the target for a moderate amount over 8 seconds. Base heal. Healing beam can be empowered in several ways. Castable while moving. Cheap mana cost per second.
      • [Biotech Probe: Healing Beam]: Each probe heals the nearest damaged enemy for 20% the original amount.
    • [Redflare Beam]: Channels a beam of compressed magic, dealing moderate Magic damage over 8 seconds. Castable while moving. No mana cost. Includes [Transmutation Beam] functionality.
      • [Biotech Probe: Redflare Beam]: Each probe damages the primary target enemy for 20% the original amount.
    • [Pulselight Beam]: Channels a beam of fractal light that builds up a shield on the target that absorbs a moderate amount over 8 seconds. Shields last 12 seconds. Castable while moving. Cheap mana cost.
      • [Biotech Probe: Pulselight Beam]: Each probe shields the nearest damaged enemy for 20% the original amount.
    • [Refractive Lens]: Empowers beam abilities for the next 6 seconds. The lens causes beams to refract when it lands on a target, dividing into multiple beams that heal or damage other nearby targets within 10 yd for as long as [Refractive Lens] lasts. Instant. Castable while channeling beams. Expensive mana cost.
    • [Hyperfocus Scope]: Empowers beam abilities for the next 6 seconds. The scope causes beams to triple their power for as long as [Hyperfocus Scope] lasts. Instant. Castable while channeling beams. Expensive mana cost.
    • [Probopulse]: Makes all probes emit 3 healing pulses over 3 seconds from their location that slowly grow in size up to a 10 yd radius. These heal for a moderate amount plus whatever amount of healing probes had stored previously. 12 sec CD.
    • [Slime Spew]: Launches a blob of biotech slime towards the target, causing moderate Magic damage in an area and leaving a small pool of sticky goo on the floor for 3 sec, slowing movement speed by 50% and reducing healing enemies receive by 50%. 6 sec CD, 3 charges. Usable while channeling beams.
    • [Emergency Healing Injector]: Instantly heals the Tinker for a large amount. 1 min CD.
    • [Antiseptic Vacuum]: Draws and cures illnesses from the target, removing all Poison, Disease and Magic effects from the target. 8 sec CD.
    • [Biotech Barrier]: Makes all Probes deploy a 8 yd radius biotech shield from their location that lasts 10 seconds. Each shield absorbs a moderate amount of damage and prevents spellcasting from being delayed while the shield holds. Shields may stack if Probes are together. Probes cannot move while the shields are up. 30 sec CD.
    • [Healthlink Drone]: Sends a healing drone towards the target which links them to the most injured ally in range and equalizes their health percentages. After that, the drone maintains the link for 6 seconds, making both of the affected players to share healing and damage received, split evenly. 2 min CD.
    • [Pocket Medevac]: Causes the Tinker to rocket jump to the target ally unit. When the Tinker lands, heals both the Tinker and the target for a moderate amount. 30 sec CD, 2 charges.
    • [World Shrinker]: Makes all the party or raid members to temporarily grow in size for 8 sec. During this time, their healthpool is doubled. This ability does no healing. 3 min CD.
    • [Medibomb]: Launches a volatile bomb at the target, dealing moderate Magic damage to the target and all enemies in close range and knocking them (and the Tinker) back a very short distance. 3 charges, 20 sec CD.
    • [Call Mech]: Call the Tinker’s personal mech. Its health is not shared with the Tinker, and it is equal to 150% of the Tinker’s health. It cannot receive healing from external sources. Instead, external healing taken while in the Mech grants a shield effect equal to 20% of all healing received. The mech allows the use of new mech only abilities. The mech lasts for 30 sec or until it is either broken or self-destructed. 3 min CD.
      • [Beams]: Beam abilities no longer need a target and reach all units in a 15 yd range line. Effects increased by 20%.
      • [Refractive Lens]: Widens beams and makes them reach further, potentially reaching more targets.
      • [Hyperfocus Scope]: Increases the multiplier bonus to 5, up from 3.
      • [Probopulse]: The mech also pulses.
      • [Biotic spew]: Damage increased by 200%.
      • [Self-Destruction (Mech)]: Replaces [Call Mech]. The Tinker can initiate a self-destruct sequence on the mech, prematurely leaving the mech at the expense of damage. After 2 seconds, the mech will explode, dealing massive Fire damage to enemies in the area. The cooldown of [Call Mech] is reduced by an amount proportionate to the remaining health and duration of the mech.

Talents

• Level 15
      • [Beam Cycles]: Using a beam ability increases the effectiveness of the other two by 2%, rapidly increasing up to 20% based on how long it was channeled. Using another beam restarts the effect.
      • [Overdrive]: Your beam abilities have a chance to make the next one channel 40% faster and have 10% increased effect.
      • [Capsule]: Beams now also apply a stacking effect on the target, dealing up to 20% of the healing, shielding or damage dealt over 8 sec after the channel has ended.
    • Level 30
      • [Twice Safe]: [Emergency Healing Injector] gains an extra charge and has 40 sec CD.
      • [Self Medicated]: Casting [Biotech Beam] on self also applies [Pulselight Beam] with no cost.
      • [Redflare Feedback]: [Redflare Beam] now drains life from the target, causing it to heal the Tinker for 50% of the damage dealt.
    • Level 45
      • [Triple Beamwave (Mech)]: Channels a powerful biotech beam forward that heals and shields all allies for a moderate amount and damages and slows all enemies for a moderate amount. 3 sec channeled. 12 sec CD. Beam abilities reduce the cooldown of [Triple Beamwave (Mech)] by 0.5 sec per pulse.
      • [Probodrive (Mech)]: Releases four frontal beams that sweep in a circle around the mech and all other probes, healing allies and doing damage to enemies for 2 sec. This ability charges up [Probopulse]. 8 sec CD.
      • [Defense Matrix (Mech)]: Projects a protective holofield in front of the mech, causing allies within to take 30% less damage while the matrix holds. Lasts 3 seconds or until turned off. 1 sec CD. The Tinker can move while projecting the field, but cannot use other abilities. [Defense Matrix (Mech)] slowly recharges while unused.
    • Level 60
      • [Proboboom]: [Probopulse] now has a 30% chance not to incur its cooldown and make the next [Probopulse] free. This proc may chain.
      • [Probe 3-RD]: The Tinker gets a third Biotech probe at their disposal.
      • [No Prob-Lens]: Probes now also benefit from [Hyperfocus Scope] and [Refractive Lens].
    • Level 75
      • [Stimpack]: Boost an ally, increasing their movement speed and haste by 30% and reducing ability resource costs by 30% for 8 sec. 3 min CD.
      • [Neural Prothesis]: Attaches a device that enhances the cognitive processes of the ally target, reducing by 75% the cooldowns of 3 of their primary abilities with 1 min or less cooldown and increasing their primary stat by x. This ability lasts 12 sec. 3 min CD.
      • [Holo-Vat]: Creates a holographic copy of a target ally that mimics their abilities for 50% of their damage for 12 sec. If the copied abilities are resource generators, the resources generated by the copy are transferred to the ally. 3 min CD.
    • Level 90
      • [Proportional Shrink]: [World Shrinker] now has 1.5 min CD, but only increases allies’ maximum healthpool by 50%.
      • [Golden Ratio]: When [World Shrinker] is used, allies maintain their current health percentages.
      • [World Enlarger]: Replaces [World Shrinker]. Instead of making the world shrink, it is enlarged. Allies greatly diminish in size and their healthpool is reduced by 50%, but they gain 80% Avoidance and direct attacks against them have a 80% chance to miss for 8 sec.
    • Level 100
      • [Anamnesis]: Beam abilities reduce the cooldown a random long cooldown ability by 1 sec each time they heal, shield or deal damage. Long cooldown abilities are those with 30 sec base cooldown or more.
      • [Iteration]: Gain a random moderate secondary stat buff for 15 seconds anytime a long cooldown ability is used. Long cooldown abilities are those with 30 sec base cooldown or more.
      • [Project Libra]: Each ability in cooldown or recharging increases damage and healing done by 2.5%.
    Last edited by Azalar; 2018-09-16 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

It's finally the day I've finished designing Tinkers! Since I don't really like how the formatting looks like in here (the one for Medic here on the previous post is awful), I would very much prefer that you take a look at them here, since there's all the info you need.

https://thetwofoldlight.wordpress.co...-class-tinker/

As always, feel free to comment anything! I really appreciate feedback! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

Concept map update for Velath'nul! I'm very happy to see how this has turned out <3

Nice to see the Tinker class finally completed,i'm afraid i can't offer much judgement on its balancing,but so far it looks pretty good,i chuckled a bit in seeing abilities based on lasers,wrecking ball and nuclear missiles,they look very OP!

What will be the next thing you will do?

Also Velath'nul looks like a very eldritch zone,could you give me an overview on its most important subzones?

I also forgot to comment on the Vale of Naughts before,shame on me,for its a very nicely done zone,what can you tell me about the Oasis of the Faded and the Pit of Silence?

With all the info we have in BfA it wouldnt surprise me that the next Class is Tinkerer.

If Void Gods/Old Gods are the main attraction of the next Expansion I am willing to bet my DH on it that the next class is finally a poisongreen goblin piloting a Mech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppersan View Post
    Nice to see the Tinker class finally completed,i'm afraid i can't offer much judgement on its balancing,but so far it looks pretty good,i chuckled a bit in seeing abilities based on lasers,wrecking ball and nuclear missiles,they look very OP!

What will be the next thing you will do?

Also Velath'nul looks like a very eldritch zone,could you give me an overview on its most important subzones?

I also forgot to comment on the Vale of Naughts before,shame on me,for its a very nicely done zone,what can you tell me about the Oasis of the Faded and the Pit of Silence?
    Thanks as always for your interest!

I might rework some cyphers now, the one I'm looking at first is Fire Mage one.

Velath'nul is a zone warped by the void. For example, where you'd expect to find water you'd instead find liquid void. Void rifts tear through the air and eldritch monsters menace to sneak through them.

Ul-Dulu, Ul-Dowa and the Oasis of Nullity comprise an area occupied by the Ulvasari, a tiny race of pygmies now turned into pseudovoidwalkers (which are kinda cute in my mind xD). This area is a jungly region. It's what we could call a void jungle, with liquid void waterfalls that stream into the northern edge of Velath'nul.

The southern zones were once the path to Qu-Rhad (although I might change this name) which is now partially shattered into the abyss. There are Firstborn ruins here.

The Twisted Riftglades were once a desert, but now dunes are changed into spiralling alien shapes that give the whole area an otherworldly and creepy look. The Pools of Horu are an extension of the Riftglades, except that there are also ruins and catacombs there (which may hold a world boss).

The Warped Chasm is the rupture that divides the western part of Velath'nul with the eastern one. It is a narrow deep canyon surging with void energy.

The Schism is a cliff that also divides the upper part of eastern Velath'nul with the lower one. The upper area holds the Five Phasing Anchors, a set of alien keys that link the Forges of Infinity into existence. As you may have noticed, the Forges aren't in there, but that's because the keys are locked, thus phasing the Forges into another plane. This area abruptly becomes artificial and hypertechnological, filled with synthetic materials, electric colors and, of course, void influence.

The Conundrum of Dead Design has been the ancestral scrapyard of the Velath'ir for countless years. Many Firstborn used to dig in there looking for ultra advanced technology they couldn't fathom but wished to understand.

Withdrawal Point is suspected to be the place where Zaathir joined Velath-DOS into the Forges of Infinity. Certainly a location worth visiting.

Isle of Vex is a mystery.

About Vale of Naughts, the Oasis of the Faded is home to a tribe of Shadow Ethereals not deemed worthy to join the Shadowguard. The Pit of Silence is a massive dark hole beside the Monastery of Naughts. Legends tell that Firstborn used to throw other Voidtouched Firstborn inside into oblivion. It is also where the entrance to the Well of the Devoid is. The Pit of Silence is intended to feel creepy and dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    With all the info we have in BfA it wouldnt surprise me that the next Class is Tinkerer.

If Void Gods/Old Gods are the main attraction of the next Expansion I am willing to bet my DH on it that the next class is finally a poisongreen goblin piloting a Mech.
    I do believe so too!

Stopped reading at : Playable race - Ethereals.

Wish people would stop trying to jam a 13 year race into playable status.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post

>.o No you. I want me Ethereals, dangit! Space ghost mummies are cool!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    >.o No you. I want me Ethereals, dangit! Space ghost mummies are cool!
    I just can't buy into it. You can't see gear, your movement would give you seizures, and that voice just bugs the crap outta me.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post

he isnt trying to do anything, its a fanmade concept not random speculation.

Formerly known as Arafal