Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    What? they're giving the people what they want, un-policed streets because every time they actually do their jobs, people want them crucified.
    People want police to be accountable and to stop pulling some of the bullshit they pull, not to go away.

If some take offense towards the communties they serve criticizing them then they are in the wrong field.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It's not about less/more police. It's about a fixing our police force. Less weapon draws, more mental health training, more de-escalation training. More accountability. I'm not one to generalize and say all cops are bad, but there are BAD cops that are being protected at the expense of the rest of them.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    you seem like quite the expert on how the ''blacks'' think.
    Have you heard of the term "Uncle Tom"??

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    People want police to be accountable and to stop pulling some of the bullshit they pull, not to go away.

If some take offense towards the communties they serve criticizing them then they are in the wrong field.
    Do you have any idea how many bullshit complaints get filed?

There are reports out that that a mere 8% of complaints actually justify an officer being disciplined.

These numbers come from the DOJ fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I interact with at least one a month. What does that have to do with anything?
    Did those cops shoot you while you were unarmed? No? Then maybe the cops you interact with once a month are those that represent the actual majority of cops. Don't you think claiming that protests or controversy over police action that results in a 'yes' answer be exposed to not slander the cops you usually encounter? Because, I have been detained and have nothing, but positive to say about the police I encountered. It absolutely pisses me off, when people like you try to pretend that cops who cross the line with at least questionable behavior, is attacking all cops. That's bullshit... the cops I know, are not like that... what you are doing is slander in the name of defense, not even attack... absurd...

- - - Updated - - -

That is fine if the person I was responding to was saying what he did.

No, what the person I was responding to just made a blanketed statement about them being little girls. Which if I was a betting man the person who made that comment probably could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag or probably lacks people skills to even engage in that type of work.

I'm all for calling down the thunder on shitbird cops.
    Person you responded to? How about the OP you posted?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'm not even sure what your argument is Felya, I agree with everything you are saying.

Did you actually see the original post I was responding to? It was not specific it was blanketed.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    What, we start calling police on their shit and they turn into little girls? Jesus maybe we need to raise our police hiring standards.

Any officer, chief or department that says "Bawwww people are mean to us we're going to stop doing our jobs!" should be fired and barred from working in law enforcement.
    Would you help people when everyone is constantly trying to get you fired and/or shoot you in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Would you help people when everyone is constantly trying to get you fired and/or shoot you in your car?
    You took the badge. You took the oath to protect people.

If someone dies and it's not crystal clear what happened, then there needs to be inquiries to find out what happened.

If your department has a history of being shitty, corrupt individuals who rather help their own officers than the public, it should be scoured clean.

I can never understand police apologists who squall "Not all cops, they are mostly good, bad apples spoiling the bunch," yeah well no shit. There's no transparency and there's a lack of willpower for police to hold those in power accountable including their own that just pours fuel on the fire.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    No, we really do not have problems that big with the police in my country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any idea how many bullshit complaints get filed?

There are reports out that that a mere 8% of complaints actually justify an officer being disciplined.

These numbers come from the DOJ fyi.
    8t isnt a number to scoff, certain to make people like at particular institutions sides ways.

8t isnt a number to scoff, certain to make people like at particular institutions sides ways.
    Do you have any idea how my workers are in the police force?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    You took the badge. You took the oath to protect people.

If someone dies and it's not crystal clear what happened, then there needs to be inquiries to find out what happened.

If your department has a history of being shitty, corrupt individuals who rather help their own officers than the public, it should be scoured clean.

I can never understand police apologists who squall "Not all cops, they are mostly good, bad apples spoiling the bunch," yeah well no shit. There's no transparency and there's a lack of willpower for police to hold those in power accountable including their own that just pours fuel on the fire.
    The problem is in this great hunt to purge out and find bad cops its actually approaching witch hunt levels. As I pointed out a DOJ report found 8% of complaints were justified. So this isn't the local police force doing a report on themselves, its the DOJ.

If you're a member of <X> and other members of <X> do <Y> bad thing and then you get criticized for doing <Y>, you're to blame for getting fed up with it? This is the angle you want to go with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Doing their job is what made BLM start. Michael Brown was a criminal thug who tried to grab an officer's gun when he was confronted about a robbery he known to have committed.
    You really think it all started with Michael Brown? Really?

Lets try this, in what way is not protecting the populace, a counter to the populace claiming they're not protecting them?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I interact with at least one a month. What does that have to do with anything?
    To be clear, you're saying that you interact with law enforcement officers, either as a suspect or victim of, or witness to, a crime, misdemeanor, or other kind of legal infraction at least once a month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If you're a member of <X> and other members of <X> do <Y> bad thing and then you get criticized for doing <Y>, you're to blame for getting fed up with it? This is the angle you want to go with?
    Yes because if I said less than 1% if illegal immigrants are criminals or that less than 10% of the worlds Muslim population identity with radicals, the powers that be still paint the two groups with broad paintbrushes to justify platforms and legislation.

"Well then they should do a better job as reporting and separating themselves from the bad people"

Well so should the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    To be clear, you're saying that you interact with law enforcement officers, either as a suspect or victim of, or witness to, a crime, misdemeanor, or other kind of legal infraction at least once a month?
    No.

Again what is your point?

If you have some "Ah ha!" gotcha moment spill the beans already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm concerned with how bloodthirsty liberals get over a wrongful shooting by a cop.

To me the crime merits far less of a punishment than a normal person committing the same offense. As part of a cop's job, he's routinely sent into dangerous situations that most of us will never encounter - it's extremely stressful. It's an unfortunate reality that he's more likely to panic and shoot someone that your average joe is.

Obviously, someone who shoots someone illegally while working as a cop needs to be fired immediately, and I think a short jail term is appropriate, but by no means do I think he deserves to be put on trial for murder.
    Actually the complete opposite. Any misconduct by police warrants a far harsher punishment than the general population.

We invest police officers with incredible power. To deprive of freedom, to use violence, to kill. They absolutely should be held to far higher standards than the average Joe.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? they're giving the people what they want, un-policed streets because every time they actually do their jobs, people want them crucified.
    Noone wants unpoliced streets. We want police to stop beating the fuck out of people for no reason and we want them to know they're going to be held accountable when they do. Hardly unreasonable demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Then they can quit. But they are public servants. They took the job because they wanted to help people. If they're not going to do their job, quit and make room for people who care.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Noone wants unpoliced streets. We want police to stop beating the fuck out of people for no reason and we want them to know they're going to be held accountable when they do. Hardly unreasonable demands.

Then they can quit. But they are public servants. They took the job because they wanted to help people. If they're not going to do their job, quit and make room for people who care.
    And when those same people want to string you up for killing a known criminal who was attempting to steal your gun and presumably kill you and harm others, should you just slit your own throat for the bloodthirsty mob?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

And when those same people want to string you up for killing a known criminal who was attempting to steal your gun and presumably kill you and harm others, should you just slit your own throat for the bloodthirsty mob?
    How many police officers have gotten lynched so far?