Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    If that's the case in your experience, I'm very sorry to say you aren't playing the class right.

- - - Updated - - -

The hybrid tax is between your ears, especially now. Indeed, the strongest dps classes in game right now are deathknights, fury warriors and demon hunters; all hybrids last time I checked. Feral druids are underrated and perform extremely well too.
    I'm not talking of the game balance rigth now (legion have a good/decent balance dps-whise), but, historically, pure dps (ands warr) overall performance (damage whise) is much better then the overall performance of, for example, Shamans or WW in raid enviroment.

Also, saying that DK, DH, and fury are the strongest classes is just wrong, couse in raid both Affly and Frost are just better. They're still really strong, but that's doesn't go against what i've said, couse warr was never subject of the """hybrid tax""" and DH is the new flashy Hero class. Yeah, DK is really good in NH (and was pretty decent in ToV as well), but, again, this doesn't go against what i've said.

Also, feral are probably underated, but they are still middle of the pack .

That's said, rerolling from rogue to something like WW or Ena for pure raid damage reasons is flat out retarded.
    Last edited by Halobob87; 2017-06-05 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    I'm not talking of the game balance rigth now (legion have a good/decent balance dps-whise), but, historically, pure dps (ands warr) overall performance (damage whise) is much better then the overall performance of, for example, Shamans or WW in raid enviroment.

Also, saying that DK, DH, and fury are the strongest classes is just wrong, couse in raid both Affly and Frost are just better. They're still really strong, but that's doesn't go against what i've said, couse warr was never subject of the """hybrid tax""" and DH is the new flashy Hero class. Yeah, DK is really good in NH (and was pretty decent in ToV as well), but, again, this doesn't go against what i've said.

Also, feral are probably underated, but they are still middle of the pack .

That's said, rerolling from rogue to something like WW or Ena for pure raid damage reasons is flat out retarded.
    First of all, damage right now is the only thing that matters. I will not argue history with you, even though you're exceptionally wrong; it's just not important.

Secondly, what is better? Everyone agrees that Affliction needs to be balanced and from what I've read so far, it's getting hit by the nerf bat. The thing that makes Affliction overpowered isn't its single target damage, which is very comparable to what rogues can do, but to the fact that it excels at everything it does, be it ST or AE. Almost the same and more can be said about DHs, DKs, Druids and Warrs; all hybrids and all within the top 8 of best dps with marginal differences.

Also note that I haven't mentioned PVP where hybrids rule supreme.

In short, the "hybrid tax" doesn't exist and the time that it did, is long past and irrelevant.

In patch 7.2.5 all three Rogues specs obtain huge pick me ups and not in terms of DPS.

Sub with two step charges. Money.

Outlaw with baseline CDR with the return of Restless Blades means Grappling Hook, Sprint and Vanish are available more frequently.

Assassination...well...there is toxic blade.

Deleted
    Rogues are doing very well in the whole xpack so far. All specs can bring sufficient performance in top end m+ content, top end raid content and top end pvp content.

Unfortunately the most people just imitate other rogues nowadays instead of using their own brains.

The skill cap seems to be quite high for all rogue specs. Even with assassination the gap between average joe and the pros is insanely big, especially in M+ content. Outlaw is a little bit hard to determine due to all the RNG influences, but its still possible. The gap between average joe and pro using outlaw or sub spec is also really big.