Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Iokath chapter.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised that they did after all release a new story chapter for the current expansion (after stating that they would not do something like that, and the story would only continue on the next expac) and even more pleased to see that it was free.

That said.......... is anyone else on the edge of their seats on that cliffhanger? or just me?

To summarize: We have a traitor among us that tried to kill us. There's a new menace brewing. Either the republic or the empire, depending on your choices will have betrayed you, and there are hints of something far darker coming soon

To be honest, the identity of the traitor has me really concerned. They BETTER not make it one of the love interests. Also, yay I guess, 2 more companions rejoined the story. Elora from the trooper, and Quinn from the warrior.

Ugh, it was a bitter pill for me to swallow though, because all I wanted to do with Quinn was kill him, but to do that, I'd have to side with the republic, and fuck that noise.

You do have to choose who to support in this struggle, and I have to admit it will be interesting to see what happens when you support the republic as a sith, or support the empire as a jedi.

Depending on your choice of support, either Jace Malcom, or Darth Acina will die. Not a biggie in the former's case, as he's just an officer, he's not the actual "leader" of the republic, but Darth Acina is the empress of the sith empire, who's gonna take her place if she dies?

Despite its short lenght, I really liked this chapter, specially because of all the potential plot threads that could unfold, and the potentially drastically different branches the story can take depending on who you side with.

What do you all think of it?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Spoiler:
    https://youtu.be/_Jf6nXIxbAI?t=6m57s

I don't know if that means anything though, but it's interesting that they (Bioware) gave the traitor a scion robe under. Could just be a generic model.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Ill prob come back if Jaesa comes back. I want to see that interaction between the sith warr as emp and her.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Ill prob come back if Jaesa comes back. I want to see that interaction between the sith warr as emp and her.
    She's pretty much the ONLY companion of the Sith warrior that hasn't come back =(

She's the best of the pack and is also the only one missing now that Quinn came back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    She's pretty much the ONLY companion of the Sith warrior that hasn't come back =(

She's the best of the pack and is also the only one missing now that Quinn came back.
    And now apparently I Can't kill him unless I join the republic, something a full dark-side sith warr would do, however I wish I could take the throne from Asina and be emp of the sith empire as well.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

SNIP...

What do you all think of it?

To me it was another boring chapter where choices don't mean jack. bw has made all those choices for you already. You're just along for the ride and it's not a smooth one.

The entire part of getting companions back is a joke at this point. I think we have something like 30+ now. Getting another generic companion back is kind of a "whatever" moment. However, thats not the worst part of it all.

We were initially told we didn't get those companions back because bw wanted to do something big and interesting to get those last ones. The ones that might have a bit more meaning to them. Turns out bw screwed up even something as simple as that. How did you get those companions back? You are forced to choose one side or another even if you don't want to and if you didn't pay attention, you got that companion back and would never even know it. Nothing big, no great reveal unless you were directly tied to that companion as an original companion holder. Unlike other companions we got that every class did a story to get them this time it's pretty much a joke for the seven other classes.

I found the story to be a shoehorned piece of mediocrity that should have never should have played out like it did but bw screwed up so much with the past 25 chapters why not do it some more and forced us back into a Republic / Empire fight and screw the alliance we built just to piss off the other faction. God forbid there be some diplomacy now even though thats all we have done for 25 chapters.

Oh your fleet is conveniently disabled? Well, pick a side even though you should be for your own alliance and
    not just fight it out to piss off the other. Oh you need the fleet again? Well there working again. Don't bother sending them to beat the group you just sided against because that would be to easy. Let them shoot this ops boss and then do nothing else. It's just some of the worst story telling I've seen in a while.

Combine that with the whole "another traitor in our midsts" because we didn't have to deal with that trope for nearly 20 chapters and it's some terrible cliche bit of writing in a chapter that ends so abruptly you are left wondering what the "F" just happened.

So for this last chapter, no I can't agree with you. I didn't really like it at all. It was short, generic, forced and not entertaining train ride. Nothing but choices that were made before we ever even started.

In the end, bw chose what will happen and what companion you get to use (looking at you theron you POS - Yea, the guy thats the ultimate spy in SWTOR but if you decide to spy he greatly disagrees - WTF!
    and its considered DS to root out a traitor.
    ).
    Last edited by quras; 2017-05-08 at 02:45 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell are you talking about allying with republic to kill Quinn? I allied with sexy Asina and killed Quinn just fine in a special cut scene with my own lightsaber.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

And now apparently I Can't kill him unless I join the republic, something a full dark-side sith warr would do, however I wish I could take the throne from Asina and be emp of the sith empire as well.
    you can kill quinn. i've seen xletalis videos of it. but only as the warrior.

i don't like that they're forcing us to choose a side like that. i'll wind up going with the empire on most of my characters, because i don't want to spurn the most progressive sith lord into becoming as hate-filled bitch like every one of them before her which could lead to the empire going back to its old ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What the hell are you talking about allying with republic to kill Quinn? I allied with sexy Asina and killed Quinn just fine in a special cut scene with my own lightsaber.
    Yeah, I found out about that later. On my inquisitor I was unable to kill him, but later on, saw videos on youtube showing that as a warrior its possible to do so.

Still sucks though. I don't want that backstabbing sycophant on my party as an inquisitor....... should have at least given me a chance to shock him. I miss using my lightning in conversations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I found out about that later. On my inquisitor I was unable to kill him, but later on, saw videos on youtube showing that as a warrior its possible to do so.

Still sucks though. I don't want that backstabbing sycophant on my party as an inquisitor....... should have at least given me a chance to shock him. I miss using my lightning in conversations.
    "Maybe I am a colocoid"

that was my fav part of the sith inquis story.
    Holy shit lol

Well, as others pointed out, I was partly wrong about that.

A warrior can choose to kill or forgive Quinn if you ally with the empire. All the other imperial classes can only kill him if you ally with the republic though.

As for the second half of your post..... HELL YES!!!!!!!!! I still don't understand why the fuck this is not an option. I gotta be honest here, between the prospect of killing quinn as my inquisitor, AND the possibility of taking the throne from asina, I was reeeeeally tempted to ally with the republic on my inquisitor. I had to really think about it before choosing to stay loyal to the empire in the end. I can only hope she tries to betray me later on, so I can kill her, and take the one Throne I actually wanted to have from the start: That of Empress of the Sith Empire. Lets face it, the inquisitor was made to rule

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as others pointed out, I was partly wrong about that.

A warrior can choose to kill or forgive Quinn if you ally with the empire. All the other imperial classes can only kill him if you ally with the republic though.

As for the second half of your post..... HELL YES!!!!!!!!! I still don't understand why the fuck this is not an option. I gotta be honest here, between the prospect of killing quinn as my inquisitor, AND the possibility of taking the throne from asina, I was reeeeeally tempted to ally with the republic on my inquisitor. I had to really think about it before choosing to stay loyal to the empire in the end. I can only hope she tries to betray me later on, so I can kill her, and take the one Throne I actually wanted to have from the start: That of Empress of the Sith Empire. Lets face it, the inquisitor was made to rule
    Yea I pretty much feel the same way.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    To me it was another boring chapter where choices don't mean jack. bw has made all those choices for you already. You're just along for the ride and it's not a smooth one.

The entire part of getting companions back is a joke at this point. I think we have something like 30+ now. Getting another generic companion back is kind of a "whatever" moment. However, thats not the worst part of it all.

We were initially told we didn't get those companions back because bw wanted to do something big and interesting to get those last ones. The ones that might have a bit more meaning to them. Turns out bw screwed up even something as simple as that. How did you get those companions back? You are forced to choose one side or another even if you don't want to and if you didn't pay attention, you got that companion back and would never even know it. Nothing big, no great reveal unless you were directly tied to that companion as an original companion holder. Unlike other companions we got that every class did a story to get them this time it's pretty much a joke for the seven other classes.

I found the story to be a shoehorned piece of mediocrity that should have never should have played out like it did but bw screwed up so much with the past 25 chapters why not do it some more and forced us back into a Republic / Empire fight and screw the alliance we built just to piss off the other faction. God forbid there be some diplomacy now even though thats all we have done for 25 chapters.

Oh your fleet is conveniently disabled? Well, pick a side even though you should be for your own alliance and
    not just fight it out to piss off the other. Oh you need the fleet again? Well there working again. Don't bother sending them to beat the group you just sided against because that would be to easy. Let them shoot this ops boss and then do nothing else. It's just some of the worst story telling I've seen in a while.

Combine that with the whole "another traitor in our midsts" because we didn't have to deal with that trope for nearly 20 chapters and it's some terrible cliche bit of writing in a chapter that ends so abruptly you are left wondering what the "F" just happened.

So for this last chapter, no I can't agree with you. I didn't really like it at all. It was short, generic, forced and not entertaining train ride. Nothing but choices that were made before we ever even started.

In the end, bw chose what will happen and what companion you get to use (looking at you theron you POS - Yea, the guy thats the ultimate spy in SWTOR but if you decide to spy he greatly disagrees - WTF!
    and its considered DS to root out a traitor.
    ).
    wow. Disagree with most of this entire post save for one thing:

I indeed don't like that we're forced to pick a side. In my view, both of them broke their treaties with me by trying to take that superweapon from a planet that specifically belongs to the Eternal Alliance. There's no option to point this out (The closest we get to is Asina saying it was a "minor trespass". No it wasn't asina, no it wasn't. That's like Russia waltzing in on a nuclear silo of america to claim it, then saying "why are you so upset about? its just a minor trespass".

I should have been allowed to pick my own side, but that's pretty much the sole complaint I have about this.

I think this chapter adds a lot of potential, depending on how they decide to go forward. Specifically because the choice is not "made for you". If that was the case, republic characters would auto-side with the republic, while imperial characters auto-side with the empire. Instead the game lets you pick, and I must admit, it has me intrigued to see what happens when you decide to help a faction opposite to yours. Specially on characters that have a very patriotic history like the Trooper, the Knight, the Agent, or the Inquisitor.

I played the 'story' as both Repub and Sith....

I was totally unimpressed. Me the BIGGEST BADDEST Fleet and Army in the Galaxy. The Feel and Army that took down BOTH the Republic and the Empire..... and now I am 'forced' to choose a side..... all because my ships hit a power drain wall. and once I DO get the power back, like @quras said all I do is aim it at a droid. and Whatta ya know..... A;; those guns and NOT ONE FUCKING SHOT hits the target........ I guess Stormtroopers are not the only bad aimers.

I had to force myself to try to run the dailies at least once on a toon and yeah.... nope achievement or not I am gonna pass

We went from the Biggest thing n the Galaxy.. FREAKING Emperor to a foot grunt once again........

SNIP...

I think this chapter adds a lot of potential, SNIP...
    I wouldn't mind some of that potential being realized but as of now, I just don't see potential in this avenue bw has taken given this chapter and just how poorly it played.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I played the 'story' as both Repub and Sith....

I was totally unimpressed. Me the BIGGEST BADDEST Fleet and Army in the Galaxy. The Feel and Army that took down BOTH the Republic and the Empire..... and now I am 'forced' to choose a side..... all because my ships hit a power drain wall. and once I DO get the power back, like @quras said all I do is aim it at a droid. and Whatta ya know..... A;; those guns and NOT ONE FUCKING SHOT hits the target........ I guess Stormtroopers are not the only bad aimers.

I had to force myself to try to run the dailies at least once on a toon and yeah.... nope achievement or not I am gonna pass

We went from the Biggest thing n the Galaxy.. FREAKING Emperor to a foot grunt once again........
    How did you like at spectacular bit of piss poor writing at the end when you got the letters about you spying?

I mean, the first rule of keeping taps on everyone is to make sure to tell all your leaders you are spying on them...right?

Bay'wen sending you that mail in how disappointed he is you decided to spy on them. As if he or any of them should have ever known.

It's just terrible writing from bioware on so much of this story.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-05-09 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I wouldn't mind some of that potential being realized but as of now, I just don't see potential in this avenue bw has taken given this chapter and just how poorly it played.

EDIT:

How did you like at spectacular bit of piss poor writing at the end when you got the letters about you spying?

I mean, the first rule of keeping taps on everyone is to make sure to tell all your leaders you are spying on them...right?

Bay'wen sending you that mail in how disappointed he is you decided to spy on them. As if he or any of them should have ever known.

It's just terrible writing from bioware on so much of this story.
    LOL yeah........

Only eh BEST spies in the Galaxy give away the fact that they are spying on you >.<....... I have been wanting to kill Theron for the DAMNED longest time.. MORE so than Koth.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I have been wanting to kill Theron for the DAMNED longest time
    I kinda like Lana at times (but even she can infuriate me) but Theron is completely fucking intolerable. I hope they get abandoned in subsequent expansions, have not enjoyed them at all as characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I kinda like Lana at times (but even she can infuriate me) but Theron is completely fucking intolerable. I hope they get abandoned in subsequent expansions, have not enjoyed them at all as characters.
    As far as I'm concerned and understand it to this point they're only there to fulfill the role of bisexual love interests since no other character is homo/bi.

Neither of them are very compelling, that's for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it makes anyone feel better, I kept Quinn alive as a sith war. I need someone around who is willing to shine my shoes

Deleted

...while Jedi Knight still has only that boltbucket T7. Give me Kira already! And Consular? That lizard Qyzen... I would have told him to go f*ck himself with that retarded questline if the Consular wouldn't have had an option to skip it entirely, telling Qyzen to stop wasting time with idiotic religious hunting rituals and instead join the real fight.

Seriously, all the Jedi companions are better be doing something really epic to have a proper excuse for their absence.