Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Overwatch needs cross-game skins!

Where's Spectre Tracer, where's Ghost Widowmaker, Blackhand Reinhardt or even Reinhardt Lightbringer, where's Demon Hunter Ana, Blademaster Genji, Huntard Hanzo.
    You see a lot of these in Heroes of the Storm and they're just SO GOOD, so why not implement the same idea in Overwatch?
    Reaper Pharah, it's so meant to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they want to keep Overwatch in it's own universe which I actually agree with now. Initially I was down for some skins like Stitches Roadhog, etc. but Warcraft, Starcraft and now Overwatch are their own universes. The only game that combines them is HoTS.

They do have sprays, player icons and small references like "Goldshire Pictures" but I think that's where they're drawing the line, at least for now. Who knows what they'll do in the future. I'm sure people want to see some original stuff now anyways.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I Agree with Tucci, they are different Universes. Its not good to cross them Over.

Heroes of the Storm is different, its a Mashup of all Blizzard Franchise, anything is good to go. But for Overwatch its not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of the Storm, by its own lore, is a cross-universe dealio.

That doesn't mean stuff is going to leak BACK into those universes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind some small references and easter eggs, but I think a full on cross-game skin would be a negative to me. I like that Overwatch is its own world.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

a Hogger Roadhog skin would be pretty sick. fuck I can think of a lot of great skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently saw a piece of art that was Reinhardt in Blackhand oriented armor and Blackhands mace, looked so badass.

Actually Overwatch is our Universe(though slightly twisted of course) and Blizz Games exist in it. D.Va is a pro Starcraft player.

So Crossover Skins would be Cosplay.
    Could be funny and not less sensical than some of the skins allready are.
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2017-05-27 at 06:25 AM.

I get why people want this but I seriously hope it doesn't happen, just a really off putting idea to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    I recently saw a piece of art that was Reinhardt in Blackhand oriented armor and Blackhands mace, looked so badass.
    Something like that would be fine to me since that's more subtle, especially if you're not a WoW player.

The stuff that would bother me is the full on cross-game skins like the Roadhog-as-the-Butcher-or-Stitches concept. If you want a voice line to make Hog say "Roadhog wants to play" or "fresh meat" when he hooks someone, fine, but personally I prefer the games to retain their unique identities (both ways). It's not a lore thing, it just would start to feel like an advertisement for other Blizzard games after awhile I think. If I wanted to be playing WoW right then instead of fragging people, like, I would be.

Heroes is the place to do the crazy mashups. Let the other games stay themselves.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I prefer when each franchise remains unaffected by the others franchises.

There is already too much WoW in diablo and vice versa.

Not talking about HoTS...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Something like that would be fine to me since that's more subtle, especially if you're not a WoW player.

The stuff that would bother me is the full on cross-game skins like the Roadhog-as-the-Butcher-or-Stitches concept. If you want a voice line to make Hog say "Roadhog wants to play" or "fresh meat" when he hooks someone, fine, but personally I prefer the games to retain their unique identities (both ways). It's not a lore thing, it just would start to feel like an advertisement for other Blizzard games after awhile I think. If I wanted to be playing WoW right then instead of fragging people, like, I would be.

Heroes is the place to do the crazy mashups. Let the other games stay themselves.
    Found the picture of it. (Please reduce size if needed, dont know how to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already too much skins and other stuff like this. It cost a fortune to get it all already, we don't need more.

Heroes of the storm is a catch all for multiple realities, it is the Ravenloft of Blizzard. Overwatch needs to keep its theme, Heroes theme is everything goes. No thankee.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I'm fairly confident that they'll start creating 'crossover' skins at some point. It's just a matter of when - Blizzard know that blatant fan service can be very appetising and successful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That doesn't mean stuff is going to leak BACK into those universes.
    Well it already has with WoW even though those things don't technically exist in the WoW universe. Battle pets exist for cross game and I don't see why an occasional skin or something for other games can't as well. Diablo also has cross-game representation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    There is already too much skins and other stuff like this. It cost a fortune to get it all already, we don't need more.
    Play the game. Earn skins without spending money then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    They said they want to keep Overwatch in it's own universe which I actually agree with now. Initially I was down for some skins like Stitches Roadhog, etc. but Warcraft, Starcraft and now Overwatch are their own universes. The only game that combines them is HoTS.

They do have sprays, player icons and small references like "Goldshire Pictures" but I think that's where they're drawing the line, at least for now. Who knows what they'll do in the future. I'm sure people want to see some original stuff now anyways.
    All Blizzard IPs are its own universe. And they are all linked by HoTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I can see a skin maybe for a Blizzcon thing, but not as anything more. Honestly, I like WoW and I like Overwatch ... I like Easter Eggs between them, but that's it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    All Blizzard IPs are its own universe. And they are all linked by HoTS.
    except OW is the real world where blizzard games exist in it. But then overwatch also exist into HOTS. So the real world is linked into a game!