Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah i got my regular copy of Blood Drive and i'm happy with it. Currently playing through the visual novel sequel between CP and BD and while its barely a game its really entertaining when the characters start to notice the twist.

Also i cannot recommend avoiding oceanhorn enough. I got it on the Switch and it was easily the worst game i've played in 2017.
    For its price point I think Oceanhorn is a decent game but that's me. At this point I would be happy with a regular copy of Blood Drive but not finding it atm unless I amazon it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    2. x-com on vita is actualy super fun, once you get used to slightly fiddly controls when it comes to directing your units, though i suspect, this may only be fiddly for me due to previously having played with mouse and keyboard on pc. (humble bundle has a bundle out right now with xcom enemy unknown in their 1 dollar section)
    I wish they made a Phyiscal copy of Xcom Plus because the digital price is insanely high. Thank god it hit humble bundle tho for $1

Got it downloaded just haven't booted it up yet.

Civilization isn't my cup of tea but I may give it a try as well.

Edit: I will say what kind turned me off from trying Xcom Plus is all the gameplay I have seen it had really bad performance.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

yeah i settled for amazon, i dont think i've even seen the Corpse Party games on shelves in the uk ever. Theres 'cult classic' titles then cult classics with super limited print runs that become a second hand only market in like a week. i'd like the special edition but like Yomawari Night Alone i took what i could get.

But you bet your ass i'm preordering any collectors edition for Yomaware Midnight Shadows. My grandad used to use the phrase "rare as rocking horse shit" and that applies to vita collectors editions.

yeah i settled for amazon, i dont think i've even seen the Corpse Party games on shelves in the uk ever. Theres 'cult classic' titles then cult classics with super limited print runs that become a second hand only market in like a week. i'd like the special edition but like Yomawari Night Alone i took what i could get.

But you bet your ass i'm preordering any collectors edition for Yomaware Midnight Shadows. My grandad used to use the phrase "rare as rocking horse shit" and that applies to vita collectors editions.
    Funny enough for awhile I seen the LE version at a Gamestop near me but that was before I got a vita. Figures as soon as I get one its gone LOL. There is so many vita game's that is rare that isn't even CE's.

Getting Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Quest Builder's in the US as a Physical copy is rare. You have to import it and make sure its the English version that only released in the EU.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

All the uk stores bar a few places down south like york have gotten rid of their one vita shelf at this point. Its all online or at cons now.

One thing that was a pleasant surprise at London Comicon a while back was a few game publishers like bamco and a few others have stacks of vita games they bought up online to sell at cost to 'the people that want to play them instead of scalpers' according to some staff i asked. Got two Limited Run games there i missed out on.

All the uk stores bar a few places down south like york have gotten rid of their one vita shelf at this point. Its all online or at cons now.

One thing that was a pleasant surprise at London Comicon a while back was a few game publishers like bamco and a few others have stacks of vita games they bought up online to sell at cost to 'the people that want to play them instead of scalpers' according to some staff i asked. Got two Limited Run games there i missed out on.
    Nice, Ya the only place here where I live you can find vita games is Gamestop and 2nd hand stores. I also have been getting the LRG releases as much as I got (got Oceanhorn/Plague Road).

In about half a year I went from zero to 32 games (34 once I get those two) so that isn't bad. I want to get my hands on a couple more rare physical copy's but its ether A) shipping takes ages or B) Cost is high as fuck.

Cost and rarity wise it really reminds me of what happened around 2002ish when suddenly Dreamcast went from dead console to 'oh shit its dead i gotta get the games before they are gone'

Cost and rarity wise it really reminds me of what happened around 2002ish when suddenly Dreamcast went from dead console to 'oh shit its dead i gotta get the games before they are gone'
    Yep it really feels like that. Its also one reason I am trying to get as many as I can now.

Because games like Gravity rush may be $15 right now. But when the Vita is 100% official dead and they become hard to get the prices will go up. I have no intent to sell my collection, but I sure as shit don't want to super overpay later.

Makes me sad that I don't have my SNES,NES,Sega stuff from when I was a kid.

Finished up Akibas Trip -not great weebshit even by weebshit standards- so had room to reinstall world of final fantasy. It takes up a fair chunk of space on an 8gb card and requires a 500mb patch AND a 650mb file to add the voice acting to the game which i very much recommend but it looks fantastic for a handheld game, comparable to kingdom hearts and it feels like kingdom hearts meets monster catching games with obviously some final fantasy thrown in. Its coming to pc soon but i tried it on ps4 and it was much better on the go so to speak than on a big screen. worth checking out if you know any places that still stock vita games.

10+ Year Old Account
    VITA is my snowboard holiday device.

I play for 1 week a year. And then it's pretty much only Rayman Legends, Trials Fusion, Little Big Planet, Guacamelee! and good old Duke Nukem 3D lol. The weird lineup of games tells I'm not playing that thing much at all.

Almost done with Corpse Party 2 and boy is that not good. Its either retreading shit you already know in less engaging ways or adding side story content that just doesnt add anything that needed adding. Its a bad game when chapter 2 already has you wanting to skip dialogue.

Now i'm playing Grandia and god damn its still one of the best jrpgs ever made.

If you like games like Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger or Wild Arms this shit is your jam.

I love my ps vita! I can happily call it my favourite console. I'm one of these weird people that if a game came out on ps4 and vita I'd get the vita version. Not playing anything on it at the moment but I got yomawari midnight shadows on sale so I'll give that a crack, I also got the visual novel Hakuoki on the way too

My biggest issue with the vita is the stupid small and hideously expensive memory cards. Damn you Sony for being greedy! In my country games are getting rarer and rarer. There is nothing new in store just a handful of crappy pre owned games that nobody wants like little big planet marvel super hero edition, a crappy lego game or two and minecraft. Sometimes I get lucky and find a good pre owned game otherwise I buy online or import.

One game I'm REALLY looking forward to and hoping like hell we get the special edition is persona 3 and persona 5 dancing games

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

after a year of 8gb memory card hell i found a guy locally selling a 64gb one for £30. snapped that shit right up. my biggest thing that put me off using the vita more was space but they dont make memory for it bigger than that so finally i can have my whole library at once instead of having to delete most of it for one big jrpg or something.

after a year of 8gb memory card hell i found a guy locally selling a 64gb one for £30. snapped that shit right up. my biggest thing that put me off using the vita more was space but they dont make memory for it bigger than that so finally i can have my whole library at once instead of having to delete most of it for one big jrpg or something.
    Nice some shit came up so I had to sell my my last collection, Now I'm rebuilding it.

Just picked up Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star - 'Noble Phantasm' Edition and a 64GB card. I own way more digital vita games then I realized lol, I already filled up half the card.

Never watched the game but the game looked enjoyable, got it on sell so I figured why not.

I want a physical copy of minecraft, so annoyed the US only got digital.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-05-06 at 02:16 AM.

I should see if anyone is clearance-ing these memory cards now that the Vita is winding down. I still only have an 8gb card.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I should see if anyone is clearance-ing these memory cards now that the Vita is winding down. I still only have an 8gb card.
    It's almost impossible to find new memory cards these days, let alone clearanced ones. In fact between having a big memory card and a Vita on low enough firmware a person could be sitting on a fortune in used goods, as they sell at extremely high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Oh they aren't hard to find. They are hard to find cheaper than the actual console itself. You can find plenty online but a 64gb one is often £70-£90+ Which is insane compared to like a sandisk card of the same size for a 3DS. Its taken me over a year to find one cheap. Worth finding it but boy years from now will this be something i can see the retro collectors that chase stuff for pc engine and saturn now having to regard as 'the rare shit from gen 7/8'.

Honestly the last time i can remember something regarded like this was the xbox 360 that early on came with a special output composite cable that collectors chase now because i guess it was replaced with something closer to generic hdmi later or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's almost impossible to find new memory cards these days, let alone clearanced ones. In fact between having a big memory card and a Vita on low enough firmware a person could be sitting on a fortune in used goods, as they sell at extremely high prices.
    Surprisingly the game store near me stills sell preowned vitas and games, more than wii u or ds games at this point. But they have NO memory cards. When i first bought my first vita i was literally laughed out a store for asking, same store sold me the vita that was faulty but then i found my current one cheap from some soccar mum on gumtree and it came with an 8gb card.
    I have honestly not seen one in a high street store since maybe the year it launched.

Oh they aren't hard to find. They are hard to find cheaper than the actual console itself.
    Lucky for me I was able to get a new one (as in never opened) off ebay for $90. Now much cheaper than most other places (Gamestop is like $120 used) but good enough.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/statu...61936573972480

Interesting change of opinion between the old CEO and the new CEO when it comes to the Vita...

Could Sony be crazy enough to make another portable? Probably not, but interesting statement nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://twitter.com/serkantoto/statu...61936573972480

Interesting change of opinion between the old CEO and the new CEO when it comes to the Vita...

Could Sony be crazy enough to make another portable? Probably not, but interesting statement nonetheless.
    God damit Sony don't toy with my emotions.

There was that patten awhile back Sony filed that showed they had the same idea Nintendo had with The Switch. They could somehow magically release the PS5 and it can go portable, Not holding my breath on it even more so after watching that DF video saying how Nintendo kinda hit all the right notes to make it happen for Switch.

Man I would give anything for a Vita 2 that wasn't as gimped as the first one.

(Also make it BC please)

Finally got my copy of Reverie for Vita.

Its Zelda with the art style of Earth Bound.