10+ Year Old Account
    I love this lol

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    As for the bad... Director's creativity was way out of control, it all had the feeling of trying to make this super epic story about world ending blah blah blah turning it into generic fantasy.
    The whole sub-story about elves was not needed and dragged out, the [SPOILER]Eskel's death simply unnecessary drama, like half of Kaer Morhen's storyline was dumb, WTF was this monolith conduit everywhere nonsense instead of .
    Had the same feeling, it took time from more interesting stuff to happen, like Geralt fighting things, which i think, everyone would appreciate much more as the fanbase comes a lot from the games.

Feels like Geralt is almost absent from season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Had the same feeling, it took time from more interesting stuff to happen, like Geralt fighting things, which i think, everyone would appreciate much more as the fanbase comes a lot from the games.

It did feel like he took a back seat this season, I can appreciate it though because they are trying to build up the characters for a longer lasting series I think?

My biggest gripe about the show that felt off to me was the Wild Hunt, maybe it's different in the books or I'm misremembering from the games but isn't everything involving them cold, frost and snow? Their "sphere" was like a wasteland of sand and heat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    It did feel like he took a back seat this season, I can appreciate it though because they are trying to build up the characters for a longer lasting series I think?

My biggest gripe about the show that felt off to me was the Wild Hunt, maybe it's different in the books or I'm misremembering from the games but isn't everything involving them cold, frost and snow? Their "sphere" was like a wasteland of sand and heat.
    i don't mind him taking a backseat for other characters to grow be constructed, i liked the dynamic in the witcher place.

But some stuff rly was unnecessary and the time could be used to show him fighting things, using magic and all, we need much more those cool visual moments and they are kinda wasting.

Yeah, he was less at the forefront. Geralt vs monsters certainly is one of the main appeals.
    P.S.
    Dude, you killed spoilers quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

i don't mind him taking a backseat for other characters to grow be constructed, i liked the dynamic in the witcher place.

But some stuff rly was unnecessary and the time could be used to show him fighting things, using magic and all, we need much more those cool visual moments and they are kinda wasting.
    I feel like we played as other characters multiple times in the game so for me at least it doesn't bother me too bad. There was A LOT more fighting and sign usage in season 2 as well. I'm not trying to speak for you but I think you, like me, just wants more overall and nothing they could do would make me content, I just want more rofl.

One thing I did appreciate, was the scenes with the elves at the end. THAT felt like Witcher. Witcher 3 was such a bummer sometimes. I took breaks sometimes because the quests were so depressing. Yet I still came back.

I just finished the second season and was kinda disappointed really. I don't know if it's just a bad storyline or they are conveying it badly but I just didn't feel engaged. Also I don't really have much investment in the main characters, there were times where I felt like I was getting drawn in but it quickly faded

The production value was pretty good, had some really lovely locations but they also felt natural and not as artificial or over produced as in the first season and at least they sorted out that terrible nilfgaardian armour

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I feel like we played as other characters multiple times in the game so for me at least it doesn't bother me too bad. There was A LOT more fighting and sign usage in season 2 as well. I'm not trying to speak for you but I think you, like me, just wants more overall and nothing they could do would make me content, I just want more rofl.
    I feel like Geralt and the witcher thing should be the main appeal of the series, like or not, the books became such popular because the games that focused on him, he is a good character tht the people can get into it, and, they have a excellent actor doing it, i think its dumb not seizing those things.

Other characters are good, as long they don't sacrifice Geralt/witcher, and this season feels he was traded for some nonsense dialogue interactions that should be quicker.

I can appreciate the more use of signs/magic and fights, but the rest was a bit meh, first episode was the best one, from both seasons i think.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I just finished the second season and was kinda disappointed really. I don't know if it's just a bad storyline or they are conveying it badly but I just didn't feel engaged. Also I don't really have much investment in the main characters, there were times where I felt like I was getting drawn in but it quickly faded

The production value was pretty good, had some really lovely locations but they also felt natural and not as artificial or over produced as in the first season and at least they sorted out that terrible nilfgaardian armour
    Ehhh, what happened dude? Why didnt you feel invested?
    I watched 1 episode before sleep everyday and i felt pretty invested and couldnt wait for next episode.

Maybe some hidden reason or personal taste of yours :O

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I watched 1 episode before sleep everyday and i felt pretty invested and couldnt wait for next episode.

Well, you could just read the last few pages, they will give you the answer why people complained about S2.
    Take that haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post

I can try and break it down a bit, character wise;

Geralt is becoming a bit bland, he is like mr perfect who stomps over every encounter. Yennefer felt like a shadow of herself from season 1, I really enjoyed her arc there but I just didn't feel it for the most of season 2. Ciri was the most promising, I was starting to get invested in her training and her struggle but it just faded toward the end of the season. I've never really liked Jaskier, but many people do so that's probably a personal taste thing.
    As for all the other characters they just seem pretty 2-dimensional, hiding behind elaborate costumes and accents. They also don't have a really deplorable bad guy, someone you really detest like a Joffrey or Ramsey from GoT?

So in summary there is neither anyone I am really rooting for or anyone to really hate so there is no sort of emotional involvement in watching.
    Last edited by caractacus; 2022-01-02 at 12:25 PM.

I don't follow the reveal ending of season 2... if the White Flame is Ciri's father why did he have to attack Cetra to get her back? Was the family Ciri was with there intentionally keeping him away from her?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-01-02 at 11:18 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I don't follow the reveal ending of season 2... if the White Flame is Ciri's father why did he have to attack Cetra to get her back? Was the family Ciri was with there intentionally kept him away from her?
    I think it was intended to be a mystery that will be explained in season 3
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I don't follow the reveal ending of season 2... if the White Flame is Ciri's father why did he have to attack Cetra to get her back? Was the family Ciri was with there intentionally keeping him away from her?
    Here's the issue, the reveal is handled horribly and comes 5 seasons early. Especially seeing that Emhyr had like 2 scenes in the books until it was revealed he's Ciri's father, they could have simply not shown his face in the show. As it was, it's just one entry on the long list of mess-ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I was so immensely bothered by the mistakes they made with distances.

The whole situation with the dwarfs, ciri and yen. Who is leading, who is going where how fast...? They're arriving ultra conveniently at the same time across vast distances....

Yen is arguing with Gerald in one scene, then the next they've covered two weeks of horseback, only for yen to continue her sentence in kaer morhen. Like how the hell did the two weeks look like?

The whole season had these issues...
    Corsair 4000X RGB || AMD Ryzen 9 5900X || ASUS ROG Strix X570-F || AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Sapphire Pulse
    64GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3600 || NZXT Kraken X63

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Well, you could just read the last few pages, they will give you the answer why people complained about S2.
    Tbh, Read every thread about everything om this site and you will see MMO-champ is a place for people to complain, not discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Tbh, Read every thread about everything om this site and you will see MMO-champ is a place for people to complain, not discuss.
    Meh, maybe, but this issue was discussed. Geralt moved to more secondary role, the distance jumping, questionable sidestory arcs, etc.

I still wanna know what they plan for Emhyr though, because I have feeling he too will differ from book in his, erhm, actions.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think so. Seeing as the Queen of Cintra is crazy as hell, I wouldn't put it past her.

I have never read any Witcher books or played any Witcher games, so far I have enjoyed the series on Netflix, but it's not all great. I don't really have any issues with the story they're telling, mostly with how they're telling it. The first season makes little sense as to what is happening until you get a few episodes in, the show even comments on it in season two, I'm not entirely sure what they were hoping for but it fell flat. It sort of was going for something like season 4 of Arrested Development where we see all these stories from different characters then we see the pieces we were missing that makes it all fit together, except in AD it worked amazingly and here they didn't commit much to it and got nothing from it.

The characters are all pretty fine, except the mages, they make no sense. I'm not entirely sure what their goal or motivations are, they just kind of do things and care about things sometimes. This is especially true for Yennifer, she just kind of flails about, and it doesn't help that they heavily employed the tell and don't show method of character development which makes her feel flat and undeserving. Which I'm not sure I understand why she feels she deserves anything, but it comes up multiple times. I also don't think they did a very good job with the Witchers. For some reason, Geralt is the only Witcher who is put together at all. He has what looks to be expensive armor to go along with being a huge man, the rest of them just look like bums. They also just kind of kill them, and no one cares.

I think the series biggest issue is that it is trying very hard to have moments of shock, like a "wow" moment where everyone is caught off guard, but they always feel kind of forced or dumb because when something is revealed, *spoiler* like how the White Flame is actually Ciri's father, it seems like something that we should have known ahead of time or it just causes more confusion. So now that we know who the White Flame is, so what? We don't know anything about him or why he's doing what he's doing, it also seems out of character for the guy we met in season 1 to be a genocidal maniac, but that's where we are. I'm sure there will be some reason for it, but currently he is responsible for putting to death Ciri's entire extended family, her Grandmother and step Grandfather, her mentors, her friends, everyone she knew.

So anyway, it's pretty enjoyable popcorn watch, but certainly has some major issues that I'm not sure how they resolve them other than just forgetting about them.

I'm disappointed in Season 2. I really can't put my finger on why. I guess I just expected better overall. In some ways it's better than season 1. It's more linear and there are more monsters that Geralt actually fights. It just leaves a kind of empty feeling and like I said, I really don't know why. I watched the first 4 episodes and haven't gone back yet to see the rest. I never do that with a streaming series. I've never liked the casting choice for Yennefer and I still don't.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD