10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Needed more bright red hair on Triss.
    That too, I was like "wtf that Triss Merigold?".

I'm just overall disappointed with the show because they had a thing there and they sort of squandered it somewhat. I do hope they won't cancel it or something, though.

dragon was talking telepathically. they even made his voice sound off, like voiceover not fitting into general sound - to denote that, while in world he was growling.

that said...

they make a lot of good points, so hopefully the show improves in season 2 and becomes a bit more cohesive in its design choices. (channel owner is fashion historian who also happens to be polish, in case anyone wonders who the heck this is and why their opinions matter)

but seriously. look at me, I'm fifth element hair on Triss is a game invention and honestly? its kinda dumb. I'm not entirely sold on the actress, but its NOT becasue of her look. her look is fine. its her acting that bugs me.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-01-03 at 04:40 PM.

Finished it last week. I'm very pleased, the only major negative is the timeline. It can be very confusing for plenty of people. Excited for season 2.

7/10 Pretty solid, but turning a lot of characters black seems so silly, considering the setting and books. Fringilla Vigo especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That too, I was like "wtf that Triss Merigold?".

I'm just overall disappointed with the show because they had a thing there and they sort of squandered it somewhat. I do hope they won't cancel it or something, though.
    Triss is a fairly minor character in the books. Iirc she is considerably younger than Yeneffer and barely interacted with Geralt (though I think there were mentions that like most sorceresses she was attracted to him). They prioritized her mane over the color it seems. I'm more surprised to see that they bothered to cast her role at all.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-01-04 at 03:55 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    dragon was talking telepathically. they even made his voice sound off, like voiceover not fitting into general sound - to denote that, while in world he was growling.

that said...

they make a lot of good points, so hopefully the show improves in season 2 and becomes a bit more cohesive in its design choices. (channel owner is fashion historian who also happens to be polish, in case anyone wonders who the heck this is and why their opinions matter)

but seriously. look at me, I'm fifth element hair on Triss is a game invention and honestly? its kinda dumb. I'm not entirely sold on the actress, but its NOT becasue of her look. her look is fine. its her acting that bugs me.
    Who are those cunts and why should I care about their opinion? Agreed on nothing with them.
    Why do people feel like linking random shit videos from youtube...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Who are those cunts
    They literally said who those people were under the video...

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They literally said who those people were under the video...
    thank you!

I mean... no one has to agree with anything that they say, but as much as i enjoyed the show, how many posts in this thread complained about niilfguard armor alone? how many people her complained that the show doesn't feel slavic enough? well.. there are people who are native to the country that the books were written in and inspired by. who happen to specialize in history of clothing styles (if fashion doesn't quite work for you - different ways to call the same thing)

costume design IS all over the place. I don't agree with every opinion they had either, but they at least back up their opinion rather then just sling insults.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't notice anything wrong with costumes, but that's because I don't watch shows for costumes. I'm not a part of haute couture.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

costumes are important because they help set the feel of the show, they are a major part of visual story telling along with backgrounds, cgi, etc. they are the details that you may not notice individually, but you WILL notice if the whole is feeling off even if you cannot pinpoint exactly why.

has anyone got a gif of that bit where the geezer rolls down the hill and hits the tree i still cant get over how bad it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show was entertaining, liked it enough to watch more of it when season 2 comes out. Wasn’t awesome, but maybe like 8 out of 10, if I were to rate it. The actor that plays Geralt is quality, Ciri too, Yen and Triss less so.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    was this meant to be a comedy?

the bard was the worst character complete garbage, this show had cheesy visuals from the 1980's mixed with Dr Who level acting.

the best parts are where the guy goes rolling down the hill and hits the tree LMAO
    and when the dragon starts talking without moving its mouth. LOOOL

1/10
    The dragon talking without moving its mouth is intended, that's the way it is in the books. It is not actually talking, it is communicating telepathically.

I'm not excusing how bad the show is though, utter garbage imo.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2020-01-05 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Mads Mikkelsen should play Geralt.
    No he should not.

His brother (who is a much better actor) already play Stregobar..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Great show! Can’t understand why all these kids are crying about it being bad. Horrible taste !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Great show! Can’t understand why all these kids are crying about it being bad. Horrible taste !
    I just watched it this weekend, and found the ending to be somewhat of a lack luster..

Everything was building up to Geralt and Cirilla meeting and then nothing happened when they did and then the season ended...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So i watched it all. Boy it was painfull to watch.

There will be spoilers regarding books so...

Firstly - magic dont work like that at all in witcher universe. There are no polymophed girls into eels to give power to Aretuza. The principle of magic is that you take the power of element (water, earth, air or fire) and use it to create effect. There is no restriction, you can heal with when taken fire element and nuke when using water. The fire is most powerfull and most wild, it was forbidden to Ciri to use fire magic BUT ONLY BECAUSE SHE WAS NOVICE. Not because some shit rules that fire magic is forbidden. It may sound like minor thing but it was really, really clearly explained couple of times in the books, most prominently when Yennefer was teaching Ciri. And magic was important for a couple of scenes in the books - most notably Ciri healing unicorn in the desert using fire.

Second - mages DID not send envoys or advisors to Nilfgaard. That would be death sentence. Magic in Nilfgaard was cut short when Emhyr got the throne, he distrust both magic and mages (rightfully so) and kept them on a very, very short and barbed leash. There were still mages, astrologians, alchemists etc but mostly really, really weak. Fringilla Vigo was sorceress sent from Nilfgaard to Touissant because there were diplomatic connections between those. Fringilla was Nilfgaardian and not some chick from Aretuza. She was also not some uber powerfull, godlike being we see in series. That was so hilarious to watch in a bad way.

Third - Yennefer was not special. She was not some strong conduit of chaos. Actually, most of the other sorceress were above her in power in the books. Francesca Findabair, Tissaia de Vries, Filipa Eilhart etc. She was archmaster but there were huge differences in powers at that stage. Hell, Vilgefortz basically threat her like personall chewing toy WHILE using other hand to put down witcher for extended period of time and he was not even archmaster. But to be frank, Vilgefortz was just sneaky and cunning bastard so he propably didnt wasnt to let know how much he is powerfull.

Fourth - Ciri didnt have magical scream powers. She was a Source. She got wild talent which was moving thorugh time and space. She used that, unwillingly, to escape Cahir captivity if i recall correctly. And to be frank, we can just cut the entire Ciri plotline from the series because that is pure fanfiction at this point. Elf boy, magical scream, Cahir chasing her through enemy teritory etc. Nothing like that happend in the books. While the elf boy COULD happen (we dont actually see Ciri on the run, we meet her after that) everything else was plain wrong...

Oh she was also a prophetess but that was her being used because as a Source she was like open doors for chaos.

Fifth - Eithe wanted to make Dryad from Ciri. That what Waters from Brokillon were for. They transformed ordinary girls into mind wiped Dryads. Also, Dryads liked elves and genereally helped them. Charge free. They didnt put magical hades water into them. And Ciri was immune to water, instead she spewed prophecies. And Geralt meet her there for the first time.
    Also, Dryad using a fucking crossbow is something akin to Batman using Wolverine claws to fight enemies...

Sixt - Cahir was not general of entire fucking expeditionary force. She was a knight and therefore got a couple people below him. He got a special mission to capture Cirila WHILE sacking Cintra. Nobody else knew about it, it was fucking secret. And he was quickly put into chains for years after his failure in Cintra. He was more akin to special forces guy.

Seventh - Battle for Sodden was a giant battle that pushed Nilgaard forces and was triumphant moment for the Northern Kingdoms because they stood united for the first time since the invasion. The Brotherhood, united by Vilgefortz stoped bickering and joined the armies to battle. BATTLE not a fucking skirmish in defense of villagers like budget 7th samurais. And with actual armies clashing together ON TOP of mages supporting both sides.
    Yennefer was blind after that, Triss was scared on chest and it is implied she was victim of a fireball or something because she was bald, and the only person who new her and could recognize her was Yen, who was blind. Triss is the famous thirteen from hill, because there are thriteen graves of mages but only twelve bodies.

Eight - Mousesack was not killed by a fucking doppler being used as a special spy to lure Ciri from Brokiloon. Nilfgaard would exterminate him on sight like all teh monsters. They didnt like them either.

Nine - Nilgaards was not fanatical zealots united by the awesome White Flame. White Flame dancing on the Graves of His Enemies was the propaganda name given to Emhyr and basically only that. Pure propaganda. He didnt start religon of somesort...

Tenth - There was no war on elves. Elves lived side by side with humans. There was a war in the past, when young elves go to war because human bad, tree good and were obliterated. There is racism in witcher universe but, in the short stories it was not as much prevailed because there were no Squirrels YET. Sure, they didnt like each other that much (humans, dwarfs, halflings and elves) but they were NOT hostile to each other. There were elves hiding in the mountains, akin to rebels but were mostly a nuissance like brigands. Nothing serious or major.

There is more but my brain is hurting from pain. Basically the characters are out of place, they have adventures they didnt have, they use powers they dont have, they kill characters that are alive in the books and basically change events, outcomes and everything in between. They keep MAJOR elements like Ciri journey is Cintra, Woods, Refugee Camp, Brokiloon, Farm but change everything in between. And even those places. There are dialogs and scenes, and even entire stories - Last Wish or Lesser Evil - ripped straight from the books.

It is like they read a single word or sentence like "Magic is chaos" from the source material and then build everything on that out off context sentence.
    You are extremely over reacting and think your personal opinion about things are above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I just watched it this weekend, and found the ending to be somewhat of a lack luster..

Everything was building up to Geralt and Cirilla meeting and then nothing happened when they did and then the season ended...
    It’s called a season finale cliffhanger.
    It means that people will be looking forward to what happens in the next season

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No he should not.

His brother (who is a much better actor) already play Stregobar..
    Nice necro.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Nice necro.
    This isn't a necro thread