Mythic Gul'dan Well of Souls

My guild has been working on M - Gul'dan and I haven't been able to find any solid info on how the "Enemies will ignore you" mechanic when soaking souls in the well. It either seems to simply not work or if Gul'dan/MT/Eye are in the well you will still get targeted.

We have been using our monk tank to help soak the souls, but If the "ignore" mechanic is working how I think it is then it would and has been leaving soaker vulnerable to being borked by well/dot/flames/eye combo.

Any insight to this mechanic would be greatly appreciated.

Rogues can be targeted by flames, but they can just cloak it and keep it all in one spot.

The ignore mechanic is just a threat drop if you're in the well. Gul'dan and eyes will deaggro you as if you used an immunity and prefer to aggro people outside the well.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-05-18 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The ignore mechanic is just a threat drop if you're in the well. Gul'dan and eyes will deaggro you as if you used an immunity and prefer to aggro people outside the well.
    This.

Rogues will not be targeted by Eye (unless an eye Duplicates), so they just have to deal with Flames + DoT + Well. Flames can just be dropped at the back of the well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    Just wanted to add that if your BrM is helping to soak the souls, he can still get flames on him, depending on the threat% he has on the boss. I'm a bear tank who tanks Gul'dan and whoever gets flames (tank wise) is definitely threat dependent. My tidyplates indicate that if he's quite close to me on threat then he'll get the flames (even when i'm actively tanking the boss), but if he's not close then i'll get them. It only really happens to us on the second Black Harvest I think? As long as I say who's expected to get it then it works out fine.

If your BrM soaker does get them, he can just kite around the inner edge of the ring. They get removed shortly after anyway with Storm of the Destroyer.
    This is probably because your plates show threat in percent of what is required to pull aggro from you, which only happens at 110% threat (130% for ranged). So if you say he is "close", and he is shown to have something between 91 and 100% of "threat", that probably means he actually has more threat than you and is in the grace window before pulling the boss off of you.

Quite a few raid mechanics target the highest threat target instead of the aggro target, i.e. Archimonde crystals.

"enemies will ignore you" has nothing to do with mechanics on you. You can still get eyes, flames and soul siphon, no matter if you're a tank, melee, ranged or healer.
    Rogues not getting eyes is just because the eye prioritizes ranges unless it duplicates and there are no ranged targets left.
    Tankflames are purely based on Threat. You still maintain all your threat while you are in the well, so you can overaggro the other tank and get flames by that, but you won't be actually attacked by the boss.
    But if you taunt the boss before going into the well he will still be attacking you (we used this during winds/storm when the maintank would run through the middle, otherwise someone else will get "random" threat and that can cause Fel Scythe if he's standing with another melee or w/e)

Btw you can't soak souls with an immunity up, so if a rogue uses cloak during flames he will miss out on about 1 soul. Usually thats not a big problem and you don't have to worry about it because there's enough time to soak them, just something to keep in mind I guess.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    2 rogues should be getting 9 debuffs and the OT standing in there as well