Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What a weird thing to get so upset about
    What a waste of time to make a comment towards.

I honestly don't understand how people can be upset over this. I wasn't surprised at all when I heard the news - when Destiny2 was first announced for PC, I actually thought it would be a good idea for them to just use the Blizz launcher rather than making yet another game distribution/launcher thing. Makes sense since due to the whole Acti-Blizzard thing. As far as being able to use the Blizzard balance to buy it - who cares? Oh no, the token price spiked upwards after the big announcement, what ever shall you do now? Maybe wait a month or two for prices to normalize again? The same thing happened when they announced account services to be purchasable with it too. WoW needs gold sinks - this is one of them. As someone who doesn't typically make big purchases ingame via gold sinks like mounts or tokens, I have over two million gold across all my characters just casually playing the game normally - not actively trying to farm money at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Right in the link...

Its highly likely its getting delayed just like MANY other PC games have this year. It seems to be a thing company's want to do now for whatever reason.

All of that is (Its coming later PR). Not surprising seeing how this is the first time Bungie (This Bungie) is bringing a game to PC.
    I'm okay with a PC version being delayed if that means they will make sure it isn't half-assed like a lot of developers do. I would rather a well polished PC port than a quickly done one that just runs horrible and is lacking proper settings.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I'm okay with a PC version being delayed if that means they will make sure it isn't half-assed like a lot of developers do. I would rather a well polished PC port than a quickly done one that just runs horrible and is lacking proper settings.
    While I totally agree that I'd want a working/polished finished product, I am concerned that a delayed release would hurt the potential PC playerbase - people that play both platforms and decide to go with the console version because it'll be out first.

Interesting since Destiny 2 is supposedly a FPS MMO that will be on a launcher where there is already a MMO (WoW) and a FPS game (Overwatch) on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Interesting since Destiny 2 is supposedly a FPS MMO that will be on a launcher where there is already a MMO (WoW) and a FPS game (Overwatch) on there.
    No, Destiny has never been and will never be an MMO. It's a multiplayer shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    While I totally agree that I'd want a working/polished finished product, I am concerned that a delayed release would hurt the potential PC playerbase - people that play both platforms and decide to go with the console version because it'll be out first.
    There will be plenty of people who get the console version, simply because it will come out first.

Let's face it, the PC population probably won't be huge, even if it did come out at the same time as the console versions. The type of game that it is lends it to being more of a console favored game. Just like how the populations for CoD, Battlefield, etc are usually much higher on consoles than they are on PC.

I myself have a high end gaming rig that I could play Destiny on, but I won't because all of my friends will still be playing it on Xbox. And so I'll be playing it on Xbox as well. Yeah, the uncapped framerate on PC is enticing, but not enough to make me leave my friends and clan on Xbox.

Never played destiny but to me it looks more like borderlands than an mmo or like overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    and yet no dedicated servers. what a suprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Hmm, does this mean dedicated servers? I hope so.
    No dedicated servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

I myself have a high end gaming rig that I could play Destiny on, but I won't because all of my friends will still be playing it on Xbox. And so I'll be playing it on Xbox as well. Yeah, the uncapped framerate on PC is enticing, but not enough to make me leave my friends and clan on Xbox.
    My one wish was that they would implement cross saves.

Being able to play on any platform with the same character would be fantastic and would increase sales.

I will get it on PC but I would also get it again on xbox (and maybe ps4) because I have friends on all the platforms.

They already save all of your account info server side so I don't really understand why they couldn't do this.