Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

8.0 Mathematics of content

So 8.0 is comming. It will be probably unveiled at Gamescom, but definitely not later than BlizzCon. With FFXIV getting it's next expansion late June, I wouldn't even discount an E3 announcement, despite that not being a thing for Blizzard. So what will be in it?

Well, I plan to theory craft about the what in a different thread. Let's look at the how much!
    We are going to look at three scenarios. The pessimist, the optimist and the realist. We will look at the release version. No patch cycle stuff

Pessimist

The least ammount of content that still has precedent.

New race: 0 (Like WotLK, WoD and Legion)
    New class: 0 (Like TBC, Cata, and WoD again)
    New battleground: 0 (Like WoD and Legion)
    New arena: 0 (Like Cata and WoD)
    New profession: 0 (Like Mop WoD and Legion)
    New zones: 7 (Like WoD)
    New levels: 5 (Like Cata and MoP)

So pretty much WoD

Optimist

New race: 2 (Like TBC and Cata)
    New class: 1 (Like WotLK, MoP and Legion)
    New battleground 2 (Like Cata and MoP)
    New arena: 2 (Like TBC and WotLK)
    New profession: 1 (Like TBC, WotLK and Cata)
    New zone: 13 (Like Cata)
    New levels: 10 (Like TBC, WotLK, WoD and Legion)

A more mixed bag. But basically a lot like any of the expansions beside the last two.

Realist

This will be the average number. Total number divided by number of expansions. Rounded up if needs be.

New race: 1 (0.83)
    New class: 1 (0.5)
    New battleground: 1
    New arena: 1 (0.83)
    New profession: 1 (0.5)
    New zone: 10 (9.5)
    New levels: 10 (8.3)

Mostly what we got in MoP.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about FFXIV's expansion. They can just time a content patch around then and that will be sufficient. I like FFXIV quite a bit, but lets be realistic, WoW doesn't need a new expansion to compete with it's expansion. We still have 2 raid tiers in Legion, and Blizzard has never not had some form of content drought whether it's a short-ish one or a huge one like WoD. I'd say we'd get an announcement of an expansion at Blizzcon at the earliest.

I don't think there will be another expansion.

Deleted
    Of course they don't care about XYZ game being released. Surely its pure coincidence all these years that either a WoW xpac or major patch is launched at the same time as those games.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Leivah View Post
    Of course they don't care about XYZ game being released. Surely its pure coincidence all these years that either a WoW xpac or major patch is launched at the same time as those games.

/s
    There will always be something released, if you want to see it that way.
    Not hard to find something being released at a "similar" time if you go looking for it, especially as "similar" can be defined how you want it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about FFXIV's expansion. They can just time a content patch around then and that will be sufficient. I like FFXIV quite a bit, but lets be realistic, WoW doesn't need a new expansion to compete with it's expansion. We still have 2 raid tiers in Legion, and Blizzard has never not had some form of content drought whether it's a short-ish one or a huge one like WoD. I'd say we'd get an announcement of an expansion at Blizzcon at the earliest.
    I think you mean 1 more raid tier

I'd bet 80% of my gold that there won't be another new class. At least the fact that they couldn't even imagine a third DH spec should tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Well, Tomb of Sargeras hasn't opened yet, so there's still 2 forthcoming.

BTW, I'm almost positive Tomb of Sargeras will open the same week as the FF xpac. Because Blizzard *should* do that.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I didn't know we could access Tomb of Sargeras on live servers yet!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope no new classes for 8.0.

New subraces please.
    Would be a nice service if they announce server mergers and allow people to rename and add 1 free race/subrace change per existing character.

If they add subraces I hope they at least add the skin color change to the regular barber shop(some races already have it anyway), changing subrace should probably still be a paid service beyond the 1st free one.

Not that I play on a low pop realm anymore, but it would be nice for the health of the game to clean up those heavy CRZ low pop realms we have so many of.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-19 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Toxx clause it or your words are meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, 2. Unless Argus holds no raid at all.

Who cares, FFXIV had to die before their team learnt how to do it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I'd bet 80% of my gold that there won't be another new class. At least the fact that they couldn't even imagine a third DH spec should tell you that.
    Probably not a normal class as that would need an order hall and artifact weapons for the 100-110 leveling, but A new hero class is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, 2. Unless Argus holds no raid at all.

Who cares, FFXIV had to die before their team learnt how to do it.
    It can even be three more if Argus isn't the last patch.

The devs seem to care as they always seem to release stuff at the same time. Also, you really fond of this: XIV had to die thing. So what? They learned from it. WoW also died. It was called WoD. They just didn't have the guts to acnknowledge it as such.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-05-19 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Gamescom even a realistic chance for the expansion announcement?

7.3 stuff, maybe, but surely the expansion is being reserved to headline this year's Blizzcon?

Deleted
    New race: 1-2 (this or some kind of old races revamp)
    New class: 0 (already got dhs)
    New battleground: 1-3 (we didnt got any since MoP)
    New arena: 0 (2 new arenas in legion already)
    New profession: 0 (mos professions are still shit, they better revamp)
    New zones: 7-9
    New levels: 10
    New Raids: 3 tiers - 5-6 raids.
    New dungeons: 8-11

I'm betting on this.

I don't think we will have a new class with Demon Hunter and it being a hero class. I'd be surprised if they do unless it's linked with the expansion pretty much all the others. Judging on the colours you could safely put a new class in like a grey colouring and after that, might be difficult to squeeze one in and have such a contrast.

I believe it will be a new neutral race, it would be the most promising and easiest to slip in really. Before neutral races you had to add two and I don't know if they have that inclination to do it anymore.
    I'm happy with where it's going, I mean naturally it would be on our way to Northrend. Whether they do according to how the game has journeyed or if they will throw in an expansion prior so like WoD then Legion (like Burning Crusade's levelling experience being like WoD then the end-game being like Legin in themes) it is hard to say but I am banking on us going back to the whole undead but perhaps with Bolvar... Might be a different thing from Arthas.

We will all know when shit starts getting trademarked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    They already confirmed they were working on it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Probably not a normal class as that would need an order hall and artifact weapons for the 100-110 leveling, but A new hero class is possible.
    2 in a row? I doubt that, and hope they play the race/subrace instead.

Now of course it isn't 100% of the question.

TBC : Each faction got a "new" class to their side.
    Wotlk : DK hero class
    Cata : 2 new race = 1 for each faction. New class/race combinations.
    MoP : 1 new race, 1 new class. Most races except goblin/worgen can be Monks.
    WoD : Nothing , new models for all but panda/goblin/worgen.
    Legion : DH hero class, also gnome hunters.

Speculation, Nightelf Paladins?
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-19 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Is Gamescom even a realistic chance for the expansion announcement?

7.3 stuff, maybe, but surely the expansion is being reserved to headline this year's Blizzcon?
    7.3 stuff? In august? That would be pretty late. Also, it would fit the math. All expansions were released a year after being announced and lasted for two years. Legion was released last august.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    Tomb of sargeras and argus say hi.

Formerly known as Arafal