Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury of Nature Guardian Legendary

Fury of Nature: While in Bear Form, you deal 30% increased Arcane and Nature damage, and are healed for 30% of all Arcane and Nature damage you deal.

Could this be the change in the bear damage meta that nothing has yet come close to touching? Could we move away from the Thrash legendaries in favor of Fury of Nature + Lady and the Child? The healing seems rather strong for passive GG damage though, I wouldn't be that surprised to see a nerf, FR + YG is already very strong.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    YG is almost never taken for bear tanks, because it is rather useless. I could see Fury of Nature + Soul of the Archdruid with GG for a pure single target build, with the new Maul, but I can't see it be a thing for cleave, were you would want LatC.

Edit: I would really appreciate if there was a way to make Thrash not the most important skill on single target.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-05-25 at 01:44 PM.

People are forgetting about brambles. Either way the legendary is going to be useless in comparison to the boots when you want self healing, even more so with the new tier. It's not even worth discussing it's a dead legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    it's a dead legendary.
    That's a bit of a strong opinion, Moonfire is always either 2nd or 1st on your damage as a guardian (assuming GG and not cheesing for ranks), so I find it hard to call a 30% boost to it a dead legendary.

I have never forgotten about Brambles either, not sure what you mean by that.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury of Nature + Lady and the Child=new Moonfire guardian? Swap Moonfire for Swipe ST?

Heck, maybe in 7.3 we will get a +x% crit chance on Moonfire, turning Moonfire into the new Thrash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

People are forgetting about brambles. Either way the legendary is going to be useless in comparison to the boots when you want self healing, even more so with the new tier. It's not even worth discussing it's a dead legendary.
    It's funny how the Guardian legendary seems more interesting for Balance (DoT everything, Starfall, stay in Bear Form and Moonfire spam to get AsP back), in the same way LATC seems more interesting for Guardian (especially come next tier when LATC is a dead legendary for Balance).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    That's a bit of a strong opinion, Moonfire is always either 2nd or 1st on your damage as a guardian (assuming GG and not cheesing for ranks), so I find it hard to call a 30% boost to it a dead legendary.
    You also get +30% damage to Brambles/RotS and Moonfire (and Lunar Beam lulz) on top of the 30% Leech. It's definitely going to be a viable choice for a split between healing and damage.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

LatC is by far the best balance legendary for AoE, just sayin'. Both in sims and logs. No idea why you'd consider it to be dead.

The next tier has very few AoE fights so I wouldn't call it necessarily dead but not as useful as it is in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    LatC is by far the best balance legendary for AoE, just sayin'. Both in sims and logs. No idea why you'd consider it to be dead.
    For any fight where you'll have splits of AoE and ST, IFE+SOTA will likely come out ahead, plus you'll want T19 2P. Most fights aren't like Botanist where you have cleave the entire fight.

But now we're a bit OT. so if you want to discuss this, we can take it a Balance thread
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post

I have never forgotten about Brambles either, not sure what you mean by that.
    You only take gg for rage gen and since MoU is gone and GG is getting nerfed its going to be lackluster in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It's funny how the Guardian legendary seems more interesting for Balance (DoT everything, Starfall, stay in Bear Form and Moonfire spam to get AsP back), in the same way LATC seems more interesting for Guardian (especially come next tier when LATC is a dead legendary for Balance).

You also get +30% damage to Brambles/RotS and Moonfire (and Lunar Beam lulz) on top of the 30% Leech. It's definitely going to be a viable choice for a split between healing and damage.
    I can see balance cheese but there is no way in shit people take lunar beam. If you needed healing you would just run boots especially with the new tier set. I don't think its possible to replace bracers/pants.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Lol? They are going to have to run ring/ring or bracers/ring and thats not even counting the fact that they are going to be using 2t19/4t20

You only take gg for rage gen and since MoU is gone and GG is getting nerfed its going to be lackluster in general.
    GG is also a damage gain over Inc (3m cooldown; better used for when you need the armor/rage gen for armor/dmg), and IIRC SOTF (do people actually take SOTF?).

but there is no way in shit people take lunar beam.
    That's what my "lulz" was implying. You don't take that shit, unless you're farming for Moroes and doing 100+ Lower Kara Heroic runs (AKA: Trivial content because nothing lives long enough to Pulverize/benefit from R&T).

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    GG is also a damage gain over Inc (3m cooldown; better used for when you need the armor/rage gen for armor/dmg), and IIRC SOTF (do people actually take SOTF?).

That's what my "lulz" was implying. You don't take that shit, unless you're farming for Moroes and doing 100+ Lower Kara Heroic runs (AKA: Trivial content because nothing lives long enough to Pulverize/benefit from R&T).
    GG is good for pure single target but can still be outperformed by incarn if the fight is 3:30~(ITT getting bearly 2 uses). I can't see not taking R&T/Legs and since you can only switch out one legendary cause of lulffas. I don't think it would be a gain even switching into balance to sunfire and going back cat weaving would still do more.
    SOTF xd

Deleted
    Still holding out hope that a build like Luffa/Fury of Nature, GG, Pulv might outperform the standard Luffa/Elize, Incarn, R&T, and with the even higher tuning that maul has gotten, it might actually happen. But even then this would be only good for pure single target fights and even then probably not for maiden, due to the damage buff mechanic that will probably benefit Incarn more.

Sadly neither build would work for catweaving and I believe that that playstyle is probably dead for the future.

Just looted this today as my...7th? Lego.

Anyway, how does it stack up in 5 man content? Using Brambeles + Lunar beam and the trash bracers lego
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

After giving this legendary a bit of testing, I think it's a pretty poor legendary to use on single target for its healing alone. However, it is a pretty decent damage upgrade, adding about 9% damage done by itself, since about 30% of my damage is nature or arcane on any given fight. Also, in mass AoE fights when you can get a lot of moonfires out from GG procs, it starts racking up huge healing amounts. Plus, it makes Rage of the Sleeper a pretty hilarious cooldown to use: effectively 55% leech on the damage reflects you put out adds up to some really crazy hp/s if there's several targets attacking you at once.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2017-07-01 at 02:54 PM.

Been testing the cloak to see how it pans out, and its power depends on what you already have going on your bear.

For example, having 3 Thrash relics and access to Thrash bracers/pants... cloak isn't going to win for me. I can make SimC say it'll come close, but real applications just widen the gap. On the other hand, if you don't have any Thrash buffing relics or legendaries, the new Cloak could very well end up being your best legendary (especially in conjunction with LatC shoulders). Simply put, Thrash-centric builds still seem to win, but Moonfire build is a close second if you don't have Thrash gear.

Slightly off-topic for certain, but Incarnation vs GG is likely a product of your gear and the encounter. I think the point needs to be emphasized that GG potentially averages better than Incarnation on a pure single-target fight with 100% uptime on the boss. In actual encounters, that's a different story, as you could have boss downtime, periods of boss immunity, waves of adds, temporary buffs that boost damage like on Maiden, the list goes on and on. As long as you don't do something silly like pop Incarnation when you cannot do damage or not use the buff at all, Incarnation will likely pull ahead if you have a Thrash-centric gear setup. If you have moonfire-centric gear, GG may end up pulling ahead in most scenarios.

I've LatC, FoN, Luffa and Elizes at 970 and honestly prefer the former combination. A more engaging playstyle and the damage numbers are competitive too. Great for m+ this week, sniping all the fel explosives while still getting free moonfires on secondary targets thanks to LatC. FoN healing is only really noticeable in like 5+ targets fights though, where it can really add up to a substantial amount.

It's obviously a bit underrepresented in the rankings right now (more people have luffa + elize than latc + fon for sure), but still fairly high up there on most fights.

If you have the melee dps (lel) trinket from sisters (which deals arcane damage, and a fuckton of it), FoN also might pull ahead (high ilvl umbral moonglaives is probably around ~10% of total damage in cleave/aoe encounters).

Definitely not "dead".

Hi, hope you don't mind bumping old thread

How is cloak + balance lego shoulder still? I assume its great for 5 mans mostly only?

Just got the shoulders, aka all lego I wanted have been looted on the druid
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Hi, hope you don't mind bumping old thread

How is cloak + balance lego shoulder still? I assume its great for 5 mans mostly only?

Just got the shoulders, aka all lego I wanted have been looted on the druid
    assuming all your other non-legendary pieces are identical ilvl, Elize+FoN are your best ST DPS setup. The margin between FoN, LaTC, Luffa, and Elize are very small so having a good titanforge piece in one slot would change your legendary setup

FoN + LATC is the go to as soon as you hit 2 or more mobs.

All of this should be pretty self explanatory if you look at logs.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    assuming all your other non-legendary pieces are identical ilvl, Elize+FoN are your best ST DPS setup. The margin between FoN, LaTC, Luffa, and Elize are very small so having a good titanforge piece in one slot would change your legendary setup

FoN + LATC is the go to as soon as you hit 2 or more mobs.

All of this should be pretty self explanatory if you look at logs.
    Yeah, well, some of us are baddies.