Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently you can normalize pedophaelia

If an underage child comes onto an adult it is the adult's job to say no and stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    If an underage girl pursued an older male and she initiated sex with him and they both consented, enjoyed it, and she was not traumatized by the experience, then is it still wrong, is anyone really hurt, or is there even a victim at all? The same for an underage male pursuing an older female?
    literally the only way the older person doesn't get prison time for sex with a minor, is if said minor can be proven to have drugged and/or tied up the older person. Essentially the minor has to RAPE the elder, then they'll get to go to Juvie instead!

In other words. Someone always goes to jail.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Your threads make it sound like you don't at the very least. I'm more surprised you aren't a Sovereign Citizen with how much you complain about society, want to murder the rich, and keep talking about living off the grid.
    Why should I respect a society that has the rules tipped in favor of such few individuals (the rich) at the expense of so many others?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Apparently you can normalize pedophaelia
    You can also abnormalize it.

I mean, let's look at human and evolutionary history.

Um yeah if you want me to tell you that I am using hypothetical situations to critically think about the laws of society that we live in. That's pretty much it.
    What criticism do you have against not fucking children? Please elaborate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    literally the only way the older person doesn't get prison time for sex with a minor, is if said minor can be proven to have drugged and/or tied up the older person. Essentially the minor has to RAPE the elder, then they'll get to go to Juvie instead!

In other words. Someone always goes to jail.
    meh, I'd rather fill jails with people who do damage to society or individuals within society.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Because whether you respect them or not you're subject to them regardless. I mean, I can't really think of any laws I obey out of "respect" for them... More like I value my freedom more than whatever said law is preventing me from doing.

Unless you like going to prison?
    Correction, I am subject to the laws if I get caught.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    meh, I'd rather fill jails with people who do damage to society or individuals within society.
    Fill those jail cells with bankers, CEO's, and the wealthy in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would certainly be higher on my list than someone who engages in logically consensual sexual activities with someone who happens to be of a different age than is culturally acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account

Word.the fuck up. The.society is lawless so long as these people remaim free.

10+ Year Old Account
    You understood the question right. It is not rather it is against the law like many are focusing on, it's rather is there any damage done. Which you already answered.
    Determining is damage is done is subjective. Who defines what "damage" is? Determining if a person is underage is not.

If you're going to answer your own moral, ethical, or social question with "Everything turned out okay in the end." then why ask? You already have your answer. I mean if we're going to hypothetically ask "Hey, why is X against the law even in cases when everything is just fine?" why even have laws? Why have society?

Oh right, because the law was create to manage situations where things aren't hunky-dory in the end.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What's funny to me is how emotional and unreasonable people are about the entire topic, to the point of not even being able to discuss it.

Lying about age, for example. If someone looks 18 and says they're 18 and you have sex with them and they're really 18, people nod and say ok. If they were actually 17, people scream about what a sick bastard you must be. Never mind that your perception of the situation was the same either way.
    To most people, it's worse than murder. This is the illusion that we live under.

But then, every society has it's ideological pariahs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Determining is damage is done is subjective. Who defines what "damage" is? Determining if a person is underage is not.

If you're going to answer your own moral, ethical, or social question with "Everything turned out okay in the end." then why ask? You already have your answer. I mean if we're going to hypothetically ask "Hey, why is X against the law even in cases when everything is just fine?" why even have laws? Why have society?

Oh right, because the law was create to manage situations where things aren't hunky-dory in the end.
    Yet many laws have changed over time as we've collectively gathered more information. What damage have the gays caused by marrying? What damage have women caused by being able to vote?

Law should never be an argument for morality. Morality should only ever be an argument for law. Derive in the latter direction.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't consent according to whom?
    the law dictates that kids are complete absolute 100% dumb fucks.

Kids are deemed so stupidly retarded they cant even answer a simple question 'yes or no' regarding sex
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Power imbalance is inherent to the vast majority of relationships and is actually a good thing in most cases. It increases the risk of abuse, but it also increases the reward for the weaker party as they are able to obtain extensive resources and knowledge through their power imbalance relationship.

When you consider things like attraction, though, power imbalances generally disappear.
    While I agree that there is always some power imbalance in relationships, hopefully you can understand that the power imbalance in these cases generally is too large, especially because it involves a minor, a group of citizens who are legally defined by their inability to make good decisions?

Can't consent according to whom? Are you telling me teenagers can consent to have sex with similar aged teenagers, but not with adults? Sounds like pretty shotty reasoning to me.
    The reasoning is completely sound since the adult is in a position of authority, and can abuse their position to influence the actions of a minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    the law dictates that kids are complete absolute 100% dumb fucks.

Kids are deemed so stupidly retarded they cant even answer a simple question 'yes or no' regarding sex
    Oh but they can. They can consent to sexual activities with other people their age who are, apparently, just as clueless as they are. An then people wonder why teenage pregnancy and STDs are so prevalent.

If anything, age differences in relationships are safety nets.

In this situation the older man could sue the minor's parents/legal guardians, assuming the adult did not cross the line to committing a crime.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Either way, It's free prison time for the older man...

And some SERIOUS orphanage for the child....