Poll: Would you want this to happen?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    How is it not fair? They got them when it was obtainable and they've had them for years. Someone else having a chance to get the same reward doesn't take way the reward they already have, or the time they've had it.
    Because most of the exclusive stuff was pretty rare already back then - it's like getting a cutting edge or running high M+ now (or at least I would say things like CM's were harder than current AoTC considering the skills of an average pug group). So imagine a situation where they re-introduce some of the old things that scream - 'I'm unique' and obviously most of the players would want to get it. If Blizz wanted to be worth its salt they would have to make it as hard as it used to be or otherwise what's the point. On the other hand, can you imagine the cryfest people would put out if they suddenly discover they are too shit (as the majority of the playerbase is too god damn awful for anything remotely challenging) to get anything? So Blizz would have to make stuff as easy as is currently queueable content or they could, indeed, make it actually difficult but then people would a) cry, as mentioned and b) just get boosted like no tomorrow and again - what's the point then? A lot of the old things are about the prestige - for instance, T3 has low-res texture and has recolours. The reason people pay crazy amounts for it is exactly that it is so rare (and I think they shouldn't have put it on the BMAH either). I very strongly doubt the vast majority of those who want long gone things want them because they are actually amazed at their appearance but rather because they are rare, unique or so on and for that reason they stand out.

And I'm not even discussing the fact that creating an authentic experience with all the changed stats, classes, spells, gear (no longer working tier-bonuses) and so on is pretty much impossible anyway.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-06-01 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they include timewalking vanilla at some point and the timewalking raid is Naxx and has a chance to reward you that black protodrake.
    Black protodrake was from lvl80 naxx btw
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Because most of the exclusive stuff was pretty rare already back then - it's like getting a cutting edge or running high M+ now (or at least I would say things like CM's were harder than current AoTC considering the skills of an average pug group). So imagine a situation where they re-introduce some of the old things that scream - 'I'm unique' and obviously most of the players would want to get it. If Blizz wanted to be worth its salt they would have to make it as hard as it used to be or otherwise what's the point. On the other hand, can you imagine the cryfest people would put out if they suddenly discover they are too shit (as the majority of the playerbase is too god damn awful for anything remotely challenging) to get anything? So Blizz would have to make stuff as easy as is currently queueable content or they could, indeed, make it actually difficult but then people would a) cry, as mentioned and b) just get boosted like no tomorrow and again - what's the point then? A lot of the old things are about the prestige - for instance, T3 has low-res texture and has recolours. The reason people pay crazy amounts for it is exactly that it is so rare (and I think they shouldn't have put it on the BMAH either). I very strongly doubt the vast majority of those who want long gone things want them because they are actually amazed at their appearance but rather because they are rare, unique or so on and for that reason they stand out.

And I'm not even discussing the fact that creating an authentic experience with all the changed stats, classes, spells, gear (no longer working tier-bonuses) and so on is pretty much impossible anyway.
    Agreed that it'd be near impossible to implement. But I disagree that people want them simply because they're rare. The titles, sure. But the mounts? Some of them are pretty nice looking. Going off your example, rework the encounters so they're as hard to complete now as they were then and let people go nuts, the same way that people pay millions of gold for T3.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    This would not work. Take it from someone who got his Herald of the Titans achievement done about 4 years ago. 10 players, level 80, in content relevant gear, and we steamrolled Algalon like he was a Broken Shore rare. he didn't even get to cast his first Big Bang. It was kinda anti-climactic. There are youtube vids of people 2 manning or even soloing Algalon at relevant level, in relevant gear, to get that achievement/title. In short, scaling down doesn't account for power creep and mechanics/coefficients changes between expansions as the game gets older.

OP is saying to revert things to the exact same way as they were before.
    Lol, what? The game moves forward, not back. The code base is iterated upon every patch, and largely re-written each new expansion. OP has no idea about how the game functions under the hood if he thinks this is remotely possible.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll put it another way: there's a reason why the Amani Battle Bear and the Amani War Bear are different things. There's the answer to why this will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    No. It would work if there was a way to actually re-create the authentic experience (along with changed specs/gear and what not) but as it stands now most of those events would be another example of faceroll shitfests like current timewalking. Also hint: Algalon is already piss-easy and it's literally about levelling to 80 - you can go there pretty much naked and with half-full raid and still get it done, don't know why it's left in game.
    Agreed. Pre-WotLK content, sorry DK's, DH's, and Monks you can't experience that content because you weren't around. Same for MoP and Legion as well with their respective classes. Also, do we do the same with races, because they didn't exist at certain times either?

They'd have to go back and recreate the old talent trees, strip away how things currently play in favor of old models of how they play, even when they're totally different.

There's just no way they'd be able to recreate the old feel of the game unless they literally just made a ton of locked in legacy areas. I'd rather they focus on legacy servers instead of legacy encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    This would not work. (...) In short, scaling down doesn't account for power creep and mechanics/coefficients changes between expansions as the game gets older.
    Completely accurate. That's why I would make new rewards for doing all those old achievements in downscaled timewalking dungeons/raids. In other words you don't award the old black proto-drake for timewalking glory of the naxx raider, you award the ebony proto-drake instead. This incentivizes people to do the timewalking stuff without invalidating all the rewards earned when it was current.

that would take blizzard an unholy amount of time to fix shit like this.

you'd literally have to give up an expansion for this.

then my brain is thinking give up an expansion for content we've done before? STOP GIVING BLIZZARD IDEAS, make them create new shit not the same old crap everyone has done before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Anything that keeps old content relevant is a good thing. Some people would really enjoy the MoP and WoD challenge modes, but they were removed from the game entirely. Same thing with immortal in Naxx, or one-shotting the bosses in ToC.

Now it's true that scaling a L110 character to 80 isn't going to exactly match the power-level of a L80 8 years ago-- clearing ToC25H with no wipes would be easier now. So you retire the reward for the old achievement (title "the Argent Defender"), rename the achievement to "A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity: Ahead of the Curve", and make a new achievement and title for today's downscaled version to get players to do it.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4...cated-insanity

Same thing with Naxx Immortal. Retire the old achievement and title, make the downscaled version "The Undying", and players will do it.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2186/the-immortal
    why? undying is the 10man title, you've now taken that away from people.

Err, because I forgot that.

"The Deathless" then.

I wouldn't mind "time walking" versions of the raid as they are doing black temple. We will see how it goes with TW BT. However, the rewards will not be the same even if you scale players down. For example, time walking is a joke in any scaled back environment due to the way current gear is setup, talents, and etc. As much as I wanted plagued protodrake and some realm first, it would defeat the rarity of these achievements. It will be no different then having a bronze drake :^)

I'd be fine with it but only in a way that would be impossible to implement. They would literally have to remake that exact time period in order for me to be okay with it. As in PERFECTLY recreate the time period. That's just absurd of a thing for them to do. Nobody wants to re-implement and test older builds of the game that they may or may not even have stored.

Scaling doesnt work well enough for this to be anything like it was at level when the content was current. I understand people wanting some of these things, but they are gone look forward not backwards.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that you have to level to 80 and gear a bit to get the Algalon title. Scaling would make it less interesting. That extra bit of effort is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenois View Post
    [...] one of the biggest part in WoW (speaking for me ofc) Transmogg, SHOULD NEVER be removed. Gate it behind i dunno, long grinds, Cool Quests or 1% chances of X Boss. But removing them heck no.
    Pretty much sums up what I would say about this. I don't think they should return: Titles and Mounts (even if it pains me to say it, let them be like that for those who did them back then), but transmog should be available regardless. They can gate it behind crap ton of grind or hard to achieve rating for pvp, but still let them be available.
    So, in reply to OP ... would be nice to attempt getting MoP challenge set transmog, but those mounts should be for those who did it then, in my opinion. Same goes for Warlords (this one I have on a few characters and tbh, most useful thing from those challenge modes are portals )

I had almost full T3 set when Naxx60 was current content, i think i missed like the ring and bracers, but do i have it now ? No i dont since i sold it away like huge majority of ppl due to lack of bank space while progressing through TBC raids, resist gear etc needed room. And nowdays ofcourse the Blizz answer is "no you cant get it back" so it would be nice to have some way other than paying 10M or something and waiting it spawn in the BMAH
    Aslong the stuff wouldnt be so easy as the current timewalk yoloruns are.