Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's no different then an MMO expansion launch....
    First few weeks you only get leveling and dungeons.
    Few weeks later you get raids and pvp
    This isn't an MMO and that is a pacing mechanic more than anything. This is what is supposed to be a complete game and it's not in because it's literally not finished yet. Not to mention the core workings of the client are in a rather sorry state.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    This isn't an MMO and that is a pacing mechanic more than anything. This is what is supposed to be a complete game and it's not in because it's literally not finished yet. Not to mention the core workings of the client are in a rather sorry state.
    It functions like an mmo

and "rather sorry state" is a bit of an overreach, it's perfectly functional, it just has bugs.

On top of that.... Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Division 1, Destiny 1/2, and other like games all released in a much worse state then they are now, none of them released perfect and most were worse than Anthem is now.

It just sets a bad precedent that lets these companies continue shipping a half-finished product. The complete flipside of that was Respawn shipping Apex in a very solid state. (Granted, the scope of the game is much smaller on a proven engine, but the sentiment stands)
    Frankly the thing is, they're not going to get the message just from people not supporting these unfinished products. They'll just drop them and invest elsewhere, its kind of a no win once the big business people take over.

Its the sad reality of the industry at this point, either you wait for games to have the time to become polished after launch before buying and pray enough people don't follow suit so that the game stays alive long enough for that point to come... or you buy in early and accept that its gonna take a while for it to become polished.

I'm used to doing the latter as a WoW / blizzard player. You were always making a long term investment with them but you knew it'd pay off. This games giving me that feeling thus far.

They're basically just passing the risk unto us.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2019-02-20 at 02:05 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Played grandmaster I with pugs for yesterday and today, was pretty fun/challenging.

Got a good number of masterworks and my first legendary(Thruster one for Ranger that extends hover time every time I crit/also got a component I can use at the same time that boosts my impact damage by 50%. the masterworked version grants 10% damage resistance while hovering).
    Can also craft my first masterwork, and the stat on it procced 43% crit damage. (it's the sniper that grants 40% damage to weak spots when hovering)

Also got a new machine pistol that gains a massive damage boost if I lose a large portion of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Which is a big problem for the games longevity and why so many are calling for undecided people to wait.
    There is no carrot, there is just a stick.
    Even in D3 your chasing something to use your gear on (a higher Rift number).

Anthem has nothing.
    And how much are you able to complete in GM3 again? I'm betting nothing yet. That is the carrot to chase, get better gear to run higher difficulty content JUST like how you compared it to Diablo 3. Are you forgetting that greater rifts didn't come out for over two years after D3 was released? Stop making these comparisons when you seem to be unsure of you what you are talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    And how much are you able to complete in GM3 again? I'm betting nothing yet. That is the carrot to chase, get better gear to run higher difficulty content JUST like how you compared it to Diablo 3. Are you forgetting that greater rifts didn't come out for over two years after D3 was released? Stop making these comparisons when you seem to be unsure of you what you are talking about...
    Okay, and? So what you're saying is they learned nothing from the competition and previous games? They decided to bungle forward to make the same mistakes as the competition for years? Sounds swell.

Game looks more soul less than a failing hooters bar

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its the sad reality of the industry at this point, either you wait for games to have the time to become polished after launch before buying and pray enough people don't follow suit so that the game stays alive long enough for that point to come... or you buy in early and accept that its gonna take a while for it to become polished.
    You mean you wait and hope they polish the game, because that is a big IF. Also: Yeah you might have to let some stuff, even studios you enjoy, burn for a while before things get better. Suck it up.

You mean you wait and hope they polish the game, because that is a big IF. Also: Yeah you might have to let some stuff, even studios you enjoy, burn for a while before things get better. Suck it up.
    Before the waiting part you've already paid full price for the pre-order so you get the special one of a kind limited edition TM cosmetic armor so you can look like a shiny loyal customer. Then once you've committed financially however big or small with whatever cross promotions are trendy these days then you may as well wait around for that mystical patch that will fix every problem and make the game exactly what you wanted. Sunk cost is a fallacy gamers will never understand

Well, it's all about profitability nowadays. So obviously, they have to release the game in a playable state even though the content is a bit shallow/lackluster, then improve it based on the reviews (or scrap it entirely if no one cares about this game).

And for that, they have only two possibilities. Either go Beta for years, or release something like Anthem and plan several important updates a few weeks/months after release.

But, even though I understand all the complaints here (didn't play the game yet), there is literally no reason to bash EA/Bioware/Anthem for this. There isn't any single multiplayer game which was released in the last few years which went smooth af from the beginning. Warframe sucked at the beginning and was improved over 5 years (we're at release 25, and technically it is still a "Beta").

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    But, even though I understand all the complaints here (didn't play the game yet), there is literally no reason to bash EA/Bioware/Anthem for this. There isn't any single multiplayer game which was released in the last few years which went smooth af from the beginning. Warframe sucked at the beginning and was improved over 5 years (we're at release 25, and technically it is still a "Beta").
    Warframe is free to play. That makes an ocean of a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Is there a way to upgrade the legendary sharpshooter gun you get from "legion of auorora" version?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I really hope they add some stuff to Freeplay so its easier to see on the map where the events are taking place if they are activated so you can team up with randoms easier, after doing free play events for like 3 hours yesterday I only met up with another player one time, maybe allow 8 players as well?
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-02-20 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    How so? o.o
    Technically, as long as they didn't declare it "launched", the game is still a Beta.

I found this news, dunno about the source's reliability though
    https://massivelyop.com/2018/07/10/t...doesnt-matter/

Has anyone noticed how NPCs ask you questions that seem to be within the context of their characters, but are actually polls to determine what players want most out of the game?

For instance, the cosmetic vendor asks you if you like big guns or looking cool more. This is CLEARLY a poll to find out if you want weapon options in the store, or more cosmetics.

Another time "Lucky Jack" asks you if you like grouping more, or solo. It's obviously polling you to find out which style of gameplay you're interested in.

There are a few others, but it's blatantly obvious Bioware is using this as an info-gathering tool in a kind of clever way. Or maybe it's just me being paranoid?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Has anyone noticed how NPCs ask you questions that seem to be within the context of their characters, but are actually polls to determine what players want most out of the game?

For instance, the cosmetic vendor asks you if you like big guns or looking cool more. This is CLEARLY a poll to find out if you want weapon options in the store, or more cosmetics.

Another time "Lucky Jack" asks you if you like grouping more, or solo. It's obviously polling you to find out which style of gameplay you're interested in.

There are a few others, but it's blatantly obvious Bioware is using this as an info-gathering tool in a kind of clever way. Or maybe it's just me being paranoid?
    I'd say you'd be right. It's not the worst idea really, as long as it isn't too obnoxious about it of course.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oboy... just what my Devastator boi has ordered...

For those wondering, gear +200% charges gives this grenade 3 charges, so you can carpet bomb the shit if you want. Makes getting that bonus much easier.

Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-02-20 at 09:35 AM.

wow.. i'm still torn between ranger and interceptor. think i'll have to focus on them both :P
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Ughh been zoning out for alot of dialogue i hope i let hack know i like solo buut doubt i did..also bad idea to use a ropeplaying game firva poll as i tend to answer how i feel my character would often