1. #5521
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,112
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.
    A workaround to get your console to boot back up properly is not a fix to the issue. It's a temporary stopgap, at best, just so people can keep using their consoles in general for software not being Anthem.

    Any proper fix will have to involve Bioware patching the issue causing it, and that hasn't happened yet.

  2. #5522
    Same issue that was affecting Kingdom Heart's remix1/2(from the "story so far" collection)

    You have to rebuild the database after booting PS4 into safemode. Then the shut off crashes will stop for some, but not all.

  3. #5523
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    Yes, this game did have a lot of negative hype / hate-training prior to even limited demo access. I do think it's not just because of EA - it's a perfect storm of disappointment in Bioware, resentment at the increased monetization of AAA games, resentment towards multi-player crowding out single-player games, past problems with looter-shooters, etc. The poor image of EA is of course a factor, but it's been compounded by so many other factors. The actual issues (UI, endgame, loot, lack of content, poor story/world) then become increasingly visible as the demo opens up, pre-release happens, etc. Perfect storm of negative hype factors.

    I think the marketing and community teams probably saw this coming, and were in damage control from day 1. But this product feels like a write-off by EA who were unwilling to fund further development, and are now simply accepting the poor reception. Once things stabilize they can gauge how much to fund further development, or whether to simply put it on a sort of life support.
    Supposedly digital sales have been really good. It was the top seller in all the regions we have data for since release for 2 weeks in a row. We'll see during their earnings call.

  4. #5524
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    I think the marketing and community teams probably saw this coming, and were in damage control from day 1. But this product feels like a write-off by EA who were unwilling to fund further development, and are now simply accepting the poor reception. Once things stabilize they can gauge how much to fund further development, or whether to simply put it on a sort of life support.
    The only thing this would accomplish is to ensure no one ever buys a game with EA (and especially Bioware) attached to it ever again.

  5. #5525
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The only thing this would accomplish is to ensure no one ever buys a game with EA (and especially Bioware) attached to it ever again.
    Think last game I ever bought with EAs stamp on it was Unravel.

    Until EA and Bioware stop with this "games as a service" shit with big titles then I ain't touching them.

    I don't want a game that's good in a year. I want a game that is a good at launch. £60 for Anthem is disgusting with how poor it is. It's worth £40 at most.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-04 at 07:20 PM.

  6. #5526
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Same issue that was affecting Kingdom Heart's remix1/2(from the "story so far" collection)

    You have to rebuild the database after booting PS4 into safemode. Then the shut off crashes will stop for some, but not all.
    Right... PS4 has something weird going on. There are at least 3 games that have done this.

  7. #5527
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ed_of_or_have/

    This? Because that doesn't "fix" the issue, the crashing still exists. It's a solution for unresponsive consoles to get them back running, which is good. But it shouldn't be necessary, either.
    I mean did anyone actually check for stuff like this before launching the PS4 version?

    I'm glad I definitely didn't end up getting it in the end. Cba fiddling about with a potentially bricked console.

    Actually saw some funny posts on Reddit claiming it's not Biowares but Sonys fault. Had me in stitches admittedly.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-04 at 07:19 PM.

  8. #5528
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean did anyone actually check for stuff like this before launching the PS4 version?

    I'm glad I definitely didn't end up getting in the end. Cba fiddling about with a potentially bricked console.

    Actually saw some funny posts on Reddit claiming it's not Biowares but Sonys fault. Had me in stitches admittedly.
    A couple other games are having the exact same issue, to be fair.

  9. #5529
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    A couple other games are having the exact same issue, to be fair.
    And?

    That's still on the devs.

    Also what couple of games out of curiosity?

  10. #5530
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And?

    That's still on the devs.

    Also what couple of games out of curiosity?
    Off the top of my head.

    Kingdom Hearts "story so far" thing they released before KH3 came out. (couple months ago)

    Kingdom Hearts Collection(1.5/2.5 remix) Which was last year iirc (The ps3 versions work perfectly fine)

    GTAV was doing this same thing as well in 2015

    All of them have the same fix.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-03-04 at 07:31 PM.

  11. #5531
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Off the top of my head.

    Kingdom Hearts "story so far" thing they released before KH3 came out. (couple months ago)

    Kingdom Hearts Collection(1.5/2.5 remix) Which was last year iirc

    GTAV was doing this same thing as well in 2015

    All of them have the same fix.
    Spider-man had the issue too.

  12. #5532
    Quiet guys it doesn't fit his narrative of blind hatred. He cant let things like facts get in the way.

  13. #5533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Off the top of my head.

    Kingdom Hearts "story so far" thing they released before KH3 came out. (couple months ago)

    Kingdom Hearts Collection(1.5/2.5 remix) Which was last year iirc (The ps3 versions work perfectly fine)

    GTAV was doing this same thing as well in 2015

    All of them have the same fix.
    And how many were confirmed to be of the fault of the PS4 and not the dev?

    If a game is bricking a system it's very unlikely the system is the culprit.

  14. #5534
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Off the top of my head.

    Kingdom Hearts "story so far" thing they released before KH3 came out. (couple months ago)

    Kingdom Hearts Collection(1.5/2.5 remix) Which was last year iirc (The ps3 versions work perfectly fine)

    GTAV was doing this same thing as well in 2015

    All of them have the same fix.
    First off when did any of the Kingdom Hearts games brick PS4's? I would need to see a source on this cause I have never heard of such cases (and I own all of them).

    Second if a game is bricking a system its the fault of the developer not the platform holder (In this case Sony).

    Performance always falls at the developers feet. Only time a system bricking is on the creator of the system is when it apply's a system update that does it.

    For example Microsoft recently did a update and was causing XB1's to black screen. That is the fault of MS not EA or anyone else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Thanks for the review of a game you never played.
    You realize its 2019 and we can learn everything about a game before/without buying it right?
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  15. #5535
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize its 2019 and we can learn everything about a game before/without buying it right?
    I understand the thought process, but why bother? To get enough of the game to know whether you would truly like it or not you'd have go so in depth into it it would no longer be worth playing. If I went just by reviews on things I'd miss out on many of my favorite things.

  16. #5536
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize its 2019 and we can learn everything about a game before/without buying it right?
    Several things:
    1) No one in this world is a reviewer of things without having/experiencing the product being reviewed
    2) Impossible to judge:
    -Gameplay
    -Story
    -Mechanics
    -How it feels to play
    -Every single game intricacy and details
    3) Never trust the social media. I may be a conspiracy theorist...but if there is something my brains judgement has learned...is to never trust media.

  17. #5537
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I understand the thought process, but why bother? To get enough of the game to know whether you would truly like it or not you'd have go so in depth into it it would no longer be worth playing. If I went just by reviews on things I'd miss out on many of my favorite things.
    The thing is you don't.

    Anthem: Lacks endgame and a meaningful story and it comes from a developer know for story's. It takes nothing to figure that out and is honestly a quick google search.

    The Division 2: It plays 90% the same as the first game, If you didn't like the first you won't like the second and that's just based on the open/closed beta's it has had.

    You don't need to dive deep or spend hours watching a game to get a idea of it. You just need 20min's and know the history of the developer/publisher behind it.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  18. #5538
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/to.../1100-6465327/

    Uh-oh, hope youtubhaters don't see this or the bile will make them explode
    Gratz, a game is top 1 on sale charts when its the only game released in those weeks, huge

  19. #5539
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Several things:
    1) No one in this world is a reviewer of things without having/experiencing the product being reviewed
    2) Impossible to judge:
    -Gameplay
    -Story
    -Mechanics
    -How it feels to play
    -Every single game intricacy and details
    3) Never trust the social media. I may be a conspiracy theorist...but if there is something my brains judgement has learned...is to never trust media.
    1) For paided reviewer's yes. Customers don't need to do the same leg work because of paid'ed reviewers,Streamers and so on.

    2) Not Impossible to judge at all. There is this thing called the internet you should try it sometime. Just watching a stream of a game for a hour can cover all the things you listed.

    3) Its fine to not trust media but do you trust your own eyes? Watching many people play the same quest and it having the same lackluster outcome will be the same when you do it as well.

    It takes nothing to learn about a game and its pro's/cons. Feel free to form your own opinion on a game but there is things that is fact and others that is opinion.

    Anthem lacking endgame content, Lacking a meaningful story, Having performance issues and a shitty UI isn't isn't a opinion.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  20. #5540
    There's so many different types of gamers these days. A review from a 12-hour-per-day grinder, will be much different than a review from a casual few-hours-per-week gamer.

    I also can't trust streamer/youtuber thoughts. They only care about generating views.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •