Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The thing is you don't.

Anthem: Lacks endgame and a meaningful story and it comes from a developer know for story's. It takes nothing to figure that out and is honestly a quick google search.

The Division 2: It plays 90% the same as the first game, If you didn't like the first you won't like the second and that's just based on the open/closed beta's it has had.

You don't need to dive deep or spend hours watching a game to get a idea of it. You just need 20min's and know the history of the developer/publisher behind it.
    What was your problem with the story? It might not have been as epic as the ME saga but it certainly had as much going on as one of the planetary campaigns. I liked most of the characters involved with it, it did a good job filling in the background of the setting and I liked the little mini-stories you get talking to people around the fort.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to sit here and explain to you the difference in a story and a meaningful one...

If you don't understand the difference I advise you to go learn it, I'm not here to teach it to you. Just because something has a story that doesn't mean its meaningful or good.
    Actually it would be handy if you sat down and explained what you meant by a "meaningful" story, or at least gave us some examples so we can try to puzzle out what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What was your problem with the story? It might not have been as epic as the ME saga but it certainly had as much going on as one of the planetary campaigns. I liked most of the characters involved with it, it did a good job filling in the background of the setting and I liked the little mini-stories you get talking to people around the fort.
    They are fighting the good fight.
    Or maybe it feels good to be part of the general consensus.

Whatever it may be their case...they dont have the game...and i already proven they didnt see a single cutscene of the game online.
    How can someone have an opinion on the story...when he/she never experienced it?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But people REALLY created mountains out of molehills.
    If people say like "its okay, it will be okay soon", we still get those bugged pieces of code on releases. Its already almost industry standart - minimize development cost, hire cheapest outsource-freelance, reuse of assets etc.
    Then grow marketing to the sky, interest people with cool hollywood trailers, buy streamers and gaming journalists, then milk playerbase to the death, leaving a tiny trickle of hope with patches, DLCs etc.
    Today community need to shout loudly about unfinished, unpolished, unbalanced products, because there still small chance to be heared (remember Battlefront2?) and some positive progress will occur. That what i think and how i feel.
    Last edited by Spiridon; 2019-03-04 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post
    buy streamers and gaming journalists
    Except this literally doesn't happen. They'll pay for sponsored streams and maybe some advertorials (clearly labeled), but there are no confirmed cases of media being paid off by developers to cover their titles positively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty much. And there are people on Reddit defending it or trying to blame the user.

That's just flat out pathetic.
    Well they did open themselfs for a lawsuit. Its like installing a virus.
    Also Sony giving money back for the game----- but what if the game destroyed your playstation?
    There are also reports Sony does not give money back for every user.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    They are fighting the good fight.
    Or maybe it feels good to be part of the general consensus.

Whatever it may be their case...they dont have the game...and i already proven they didnt see a single cutscene of the game online.
    How can someone have an opinion on the story...when he/she never experienced it?
    Been reading some of the latest pages and I sort of see your point and I think it's wrong.

You don't have thousands of people talking around how bad Witcher 3 is or KOTOR or LOTR or Dune. Quite the opposite, chances are if you are into their genre you'll be in for a treat.

When I see a turd I don't need to try it to know it tastes bad.

If Anthem was a good game it would be a different story, but it isn't. And it's not some niche weird art either that can only be "appreciated" by few.

Word of mouth is a thing. Making good games is a thing.

When a good game is made it sells well because it's a good game. Bad games don't sell well because they are bad.

EA would WISH everyone decides whether they like Anthem after they buy it and play it. But that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Been reading some of the latest pages and I sort of see your point and I think it's wrong.

You don't have thousands of people talking around how bad Witcher 3 is or KOTOR or LOTR or Dune. Quite the opposite, chances are if you are into their genre you'll be in for a treat.

If Anthem was a good game it would be a different story, but it isn't. And it's not some niche weird art either that can only be "appreciated" by few.

When a good game is made it sells well because it's a good game. Bad games don't sell well because they are bad.

EA would WISH everyone decides whether they like Anthem after they buy it and play it. But that's not how it works.
    Oh...my...God.

You couldnt be so wrong.
    You want me to give you examples of thousands of people being wrong?
    Dont you read the internet or the newspaper? Or check the news?

This world is full of bullshit. This world is crazy.

You dont have to believe me. And you wont im pretty sure
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-04 at 11:10 PM.

Let's face it though, calling it "a turd" is bullshit hyperbole. It's a bit rough in places and may not be to everyone's taste but there's a lot of brilliant fun to be had with the game. I'm more likely to respect the opinion of someone who has played the game and says they don't like x, y or z than I am someone who says the game is poo because a streamer said so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It’s not that just other titles got hate, is that plenty of others games EA as putted out didn’t.

If people were just hating on the games just for EA's sake, then they would all get this kind of reception, yet that isn't the case, I mean, Bioware already released their fair share of video games under EA, and despite all of them having their own flaws, only ME:Andromeda came close of having this kind of response, and that’s because Bioware trusted a inexperienced studio with it, yet it still managed to fetch a 72/100, with DAI (85/100) and ME3 (89/100) right ahead of it.

Sure, there are people that will always blow it out of proportion, Mass Effect 3 for example, plenty of people rated it a shit game due to the lackluster ending, but in general is still a high rated video game, but that's not the case of Anthem which is currently sitting with 60/100…

Also, I wasn’t really comparing Fallout 76 to Anthem… although I could, both were rushed attempts to jump into the live service bandwagon, both falling short due technical issues and disappointing story compared to the previous work from those companies.
    Andromeda, ME3 and DA2 in particular got a lot of hate thrown at them. I'm starting to think people have issues with BioWare in particular more than EA in specific. Partly I think it's because they're the "SJW" devs, but sometimes they seem to get overly ambitious and get to release date before they're really ready to go.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is looking for a good tune while playing this song seems amazingly apt for Freelancers;

@Trumpcat

Let me give you one example.
    Monster Hunter for the Playstation 2

Metacritic Score is 68

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...monster-hunter

Ive sinked what it could pretty well be 2000 hours into this game and it was a masterpiece at the time.
    Way ahead of its time.

But how could the critics be wrong???? I dont understand.

Well...its planet earth for you
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-04 at 11:21 PM.

pretty much this, now I'm getting reports of anthem bricking people's PCs and consoles.
    you can judge a pile of shit as a pile of shit BEFORE you stick your hands in it and take a bite.

I don't get it, I also have fun with plenty of bad-mediocre forms of entertainment, everyone does, what's the point?

Fuck, Sword Art Online is on the top of the worst animes I ever watched, I still been watching every shitty season of it.
    Im always in the minority...i dont understand.
    If i would judge the world around me for my own personal tastes and opinions...i would have a shitty view on the world.
    Because im always in the minority.

I only played the game mode: Dominion in League of Legends (later found out only 1% of population played it)
    I prefer HOTS over League of Legends.
    I loved monster hunter for Playstation 2
    I love Alita Battle Angel
    I love Anthem (so far)
    I love Shenmue I & II

All im saying...is that everyone is different. Your opinion is not the reality. Your tastes are personal tastes.

[MENTION=844166]
    But how could the critics be wrong????
    you're assuming your opinion is right because it's your opinion, pro-tip: your anecdote is irrelevant like your opinion.

and mon hun was shit back then, i still have my monhun 1 disc and im currently playing monhun world.

got the last argument MW with a double charge.. feeling pretty baws atm :P
    but yeah now that the weekend is over i hope to see some fixes to a lot of the crap going on or at the very least a detailed soon to be released plan.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

... and? I also prefer Hots over LoL, I also enjoyed Alita, so what ._.?
    it's called an appeal to emotions, by portraying their argument as persecuted they attempt to elicit a compassionate emotional response and support for their argument.

"Because EA" my fucking ass
    If you've payed the slightest bit of attention there's been plenty of "because EA" all over the place. Its still happening in the thread now...

Literally every time I've brought up that the devs explicitly stated that the DLC would be free I've had someone tell me I'm naive or outright stupid to believe that "because EA".

I started paying attention to this game around 2 weeks before the first demo and I'd never seen so much hate before a game had even launched and almost all of that hate was assuming the game would be shit either "because EA" or "because ME:A". And then a sea of people looking for anything and everything to validate their already made up minds.

I wish there was actually room to just have constructive convo's / criticisms about the actual issues with the game. But there's literally still people posting in the thread and all over the reddit etc etc who have never even played the game and have no intention of playing it while acting like they're an authority on it. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm glad I definitely didn't end up getting it in the end.
    Genuinely curious why you continue to post in the thread... as well as others... when ya'll apparently have no interest in the game (besides jumping on any negative thing that comes up).

You realize its 2019 and we can learn everything about a game before/without buying it right?
    This has got to be the most asinine thing I've ever seen you post.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Man.... this is the SECOND FUCKING TIME!!! that I go into Freeplay a Legendary drops, I go out of Freeplay, game crashes and Legendary is GONE!!!!

After this months Origin sub is up I think I am done. I tried I really did but what is the point of playing the game if it is only gonna take away what you earn?

Edit: BUT, I got to keep all the other purples. blues and greens and greys I got.... just hte Legendary was removed
    You made sure to finish another mission yeah? Because this is the first time I've heard of someone having a specific item vanish out of the pool. Usually people just think they lost everything because they don't realize it gets rewarded at the end of the next mission.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    it's called an appeal to emotions, by portraying their argument as persecuted they attempt to elicit a compassionate emotional response and support for their argument.
    My argument is that "everyone is different"
    It was the first thing i learned in my 8 years on MMO-C
    My opinion is meaningless and it does not show any objective reality.

Its ok to like Anthem. Im not stupid for enjoying this game.

My argument is that "everyone is different"
    It was the first thing i learned in my 8 years on MMO-C
    My opinion is meaningless and it does not show any objective reality.

Its ok to like Anthem. Im not stupid for enjoying this game.
    no, i just think giving EA any money at all is stupid, not enjoying the shit the companies they've ruined/are ruining have made.
    i mean the old bioware games are gems, it's just the company has been responsible for many trends that are currently killing the AAA game development industry in the US and causing an increasingly hostile development environment in said studios to match their demands.

ergo, i have a moral problem with the faults of anyone advocating paying PARASITES any money when these games are now entirely digital and the publisher is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    no, i just think giving EA any money at all is stupid, not enjoying the shit the companies they've ruined/are ruining have made.
    i mean the old bioware games are gems, it's just the company has been responsible for many trends that are currently killing the AAA game development industry in the US and causing an increasingly hostile development environment in said studios to match their demands.

ergo, i have a moral problem with the faults of anyone advocating paying PARASITES any money when these games are now entirely digital and the publisher is redundant.
    O...k, i sympathise with your protest against a company.
    Thats cool.

I know, I’ve just addressed one of them… what’s exactly your point there?

Also, if you haven’t seen so much “hate” before, please, hop in, let me take you on a ride over the megathreads of games such as Fallout 76, and Diablo Immortal ~
    Y'know what, I completely blocked out diablo immortal. That game is a whole different genre of hate, but you got me there.

Oh and… the forum as a ignore function, just use the damn thing if you have problems with what certain individuals are posting.
    Its probably one of the most useless ignore functions on all forums. It just whites out the box but you still see that the post is there, and if anyone quotes said person... which happens constantly, especially with the people you'd most want to ignore... then you still see the post.

You ever try using it before recommending it to people?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post
    If people say like "its okay, it will be okay soon", we still get those bugged pieces of code on releases. Its already almost industry standart - minimize development cost, hire cheapest outsource-freelance, reuse of assets etc.
    Then grow marketing to the sky, interest people with cool hollywood trailers, buy streamers and gaming journalists, then milk playerbase to the death, leaving a tiny trickle of hope with patches, DLCs etc.
    Today community need to shout loudly about unfinished, unpolished, unbalanced products, because there still small chance to be heared (remember Battlefront2?) and some positive progress will occur. That what i think and how i feel.
    Yes, I agree. However, multiple large youtuber/streamers, as well as several posters on these and other forums, claimed Anthem was as bad as Fallout76. A game which is a literal asset flip, lied to its customers, scammed them on multiple occasions, and still has a host of problems.

I absolutely agree games should be shipping in better, more complete states. But each case needs to be looked at on its own flaws and merits.

- - - Updated - - -

Generally speaking, games are not entirely good or bad. They may have good and bad elements to them, but are rarely out and out perfectly good or completely terrible. Anthem has a lot of good aspects. It has some bad too.

Word of mouth is a thing.
    So is rumor-mongering. Did you never play the telephone game when you were a kid?