1. #5541
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Anthem lacking endgame content, Lacking a meaningful story, Having performance issues and a shitty UI isn't isn't a opinion.
    Just tell me one thing.
    How can you objectively say the game doesnt have a meaningful story...if you never experienced it?
    I played the game for 15 hours and even i dont know if the game has a meaningful story or not.

    I give you the omegalol lack of variety in endgame content. Because its true OBJECTIVELY.
    The bugs are also a thing it seems.
    The rest of the things are just opinion.
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2019-03-04 at 09:18 PM.

  2. #5542
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Anthem: Lacks endgame and a meaningful story and it comes from a developer know for story's. It takes nothing to figure that out and is honestly a quick google search.
    Except I like the story of Anthem and am enjoying the end game. does it have problems? yes, but if I went by reviews I wouldn't have a game right now that I'm thoroughly enjoying, hence why I stopped bothering with them a long time ago.

  3. #5543
    The very ironic part about all of this is that this conversation has been done before.

    It was done with.....

    Destiny
    Destiny 2
    The Division.

    And really any other GAAS. The AAA games industry and a huge amount of the consumers have a very bad case of not learning from history so they are repeating it.

    Same conversation just a few different people and over the same issues. Its almost like a lot don't pay attention and always want to blame it on something else.

    Excuses that get used....

    1. Can't trust media (Twitch,Youtube ect).
    2. But they made a good game before ( Mass Effect,Halo as examples).
    3. It is the publishers fault (In Destiny's case Activision) even tho time and time again its actually shown its ether fully the developers fault or its 50/50 (in the case of anthem its 50/50)

    History just fucken repeating itself and people just keep eating it up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    How can you objectively say the game doesnt have a meaningful story...if you never experienced it?
    Cause you don't need to play the game to experience the story. No game requires this because it is a "VIDEO" game.

    You don't need to experience Kingdom Hearts story via playing the game. The same apply's to every other game out there as well. Just because you "Don't Trust Media" doesn't mean you can't learn about something before buying it.

    Funny enough you have actually proved my point.

    I played the game for 15 hours and even i dont know if the game has a meaningful story or not.
    This line right here outright proves my point.

    You have played the game for 15 hours and don't know if it has a meaningful story. Then that means it doesn't because NO GAME takes 15 hours to show a meaningful story or even a average one.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  4. #5544
    Man.... this is the SECOND FUCKING TIME!!! that I go into Freeplay a Legendary drops, I go out of Freeplay, game crashes and Legendary is GONE!!!!

    After this months Origin sub is up I think I am done. I tried I really did but what is the point of playing the game if it is only gonna take away what you earn?

    Edit: BUT, I got to keep all the other purples. blues and greens and greys I got.... just hte Legendary was removed

  5. #5545
    @Jtbrig7390

    Are you trying to make me believe you went online and watched all ingame scenes PLUS all cutscenes of this game?
    Tell me then, what happens in the story when we go get the legendary Javelin.

  6. #5546
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    @Jtbrig7390

    Are you trying to make me believe you went online and watched all ingame scenes PLUS all cutscenes of this game?
    Tell me then, what happens in the story when we go get the legendary Javelin.
    Do you also think Transformer's also has a meaningful story?

    Just because something has a story it doesn't make it meaningful. There is a massive difference in the two.

    As for your question you can pull up a rundown of the story or even if you wish a full video showing all the cutscenes that only takes about 2hrs.

    Once again welcome to 2019 not hard to learn about shit.

    Before you reply with "Run down's don't cover everything" do you feel the same way about books? Because you can get a meaningful story from a book just as much (If not more) then you can from a game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-03-04 at 09:40 PM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  7. #5547
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    This part is unacceptable from any game, there's reports of it bricking ps4s. It crashes them completely out, and some people aren't able to get them restarted. This MUST be fixed.
    Yea I agree 100% with this. I haven't had anything major happen on PC outside of the audio bug...But if it's bricking consoles then that's completely unacceptable

  8. #5548
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I disagree with the giant pile-on calling console bricked, the pile-on where people are claiming that Sony is offering "no questions asked" refunds.
    It's a Serious issue for Console Players it gives you a bad Shutdown and You need to repair your HD every time you turn it back on.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  9. #5549
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm skeptical of the reports of bricking, but the reports of hard-crashes on both consoles are pretty solid. That's damn unacceptable, and I've even heard of issues on PC (apparently some streamer group had a few PC's break after playing the game? One corrupted the HD and another broke a GPU or something?) but I'm not sure about that.

    At least it doesn't sound super widesperad, but it sure doesn't do anything to improve my already rather dismal view of the capabilities of BW's engineers. Guess the crashes never came up in cert, or Microsoft/Sony didn't care and certified it anyways because they didn't want to miss out on initial sales revenue.



    No, it's an issue with Anthem. Other games don't crash PS4's, there's something in Anthem that is causing this.
    This makes me not want to even load it up on my PC until the issue is fixed....If they aren't paying people back for the damage(assuming the people saying it happened aren't lying) then it's quite simply not worth even loading the game until BW says the problem causing this is fixed completely.

  10. #5550
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Do you also think Transformer's also has a meaningful story?

    Just because something has a story it doesn't make it meaningful. There is a massive difference in the two.

    As for your question you can pull up a rundown of the story or even if you wish a full video showing all the cutscenes that only takes about 2hrs.

    Once again welcome to 2019 not hard to learn about shit.

    Before you reply with "Run down's don't cover everything" do you feel the same way about books? Because you can get a meaningful story from a book just as much (If not more) then you can from a game.
    What do you mean by meaningful? A personal opinion on how a story should be?
    Like all marvel movies dont having a meaningful story?
    But Kingdom Hearts has one?

    The part of the story i asked you about was a major plot twist that i was not expecting.
    All plot twists im not expecting are refreshing on my book.
    I dont know what you mean by meaningful.

    Pretty sure you can find about it if you search "plot twist anthem"
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2019-03-04 at 09:47 PM.

  11. #5551
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What do you mean by meaningful? A personal opinion on how a story should be?
    Like all marvel movies dont having a meaningful story?
    But Kingdom Hearts has one?
    I'm going to sit here and explain to you the difference in a story and a meaningful one...

    If you don't understand the difference I advise you to go learn it, I'm not here to teach it to you. Just because something has a story that doesn't mean its meaningful or good.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  12. #5552
    P0rns don't have a meaningful story too but many ppl still like them
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  13. #5553
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm going to sit here and explain to you the difference in a story and a meaningful one...

    If you don't understand the difference I advise you to go learn it, I'm not here to teach it to you. Just because something has a story that doesn't mean its meaningful or good.
    Kingdom Hearts has a meaningful story objectively.
    Anthem doesnt have a meaningful story objectively.

    I learn new things everyday

    Funny part is you dont even know a simple plot twist of the story and yet you claim to know the game doesnt have a "meaningful" story.

    ( i dont hate you JTbrig, you offered to help me on a situation a long time ago on another thread....but man....we always end up arguing)

  14. #5554
    Pandaren Monk Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,922
    Man the story of this game is so lame. Are we sure Bioware made this?

  15. #5555
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Kingdom Hearts has a meaningful story objectively.
    Anthem doesnt have a meaningful story objectively.

    I learn new things everyday

    Funny part is you dont even know a simple plot twist of the story and yet you claim to know the game doesnt have a "meaningful" story.

    ( i dont hate you JTbrig, you offered to help me on a situation a long time ago on another thread....but man....we always end up arguing)
    First off I never said Kingdom Hearts had a meaningful story (I was just using it was a example, Honestly the story is a cluster fuck) and a simple plot twist doesn't mean it was a meaningful story.

    If plot twists was all a story needed to be meaningful then M Night Shyamalan has made the best movies ever..
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  16. #5556
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Man the story of this game is so lame. Are we sure Bioware made this?
    The story and writing is really bad by their standards.. I was going to chock it up to the genre but Andromeda was also not good (better than Anthem) to me so who knows
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

  17. #5557
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    The story and writing is really bad by their standards.. I was going to chock it up to the genre but Andromeda was also not good (better than Anthem) to me so who knows
    Says a lot when people are saying Andromeda has better aspects than Anthem.......

  18. #5558
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Man the story of this game is so lame. Are we sure Bioware made this?
    That's been my overall biggest gripe after finishing the main campaign...How lackluster it felt...I enjoyed the gameplay enough so hopefully they fix these issues soon that's crashing hardware so i can feel confident to load it up again.

  19. #5559
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The very ironic part about all of this is that this conversation has been done before.

    It was done with.....

    Destiny
    Destiny 2
    The Division.

    And really any other GAAS. The AAA games industry and a huge amount of the consumers have a very bad case of not learning from history so they are repeating it.

    Same conversation just a few different people and over the same issues. Its almost like a lot don't pay attention and always want to blame it on something else.

    Excuses that get used....

    1. Can't trust media (Twitch,Youtube ect).
    2. But they made a good game before ( Mass Effect,Halo as examples).
    3. It is the publishers fault (In Destiny's case Activision) even tho time and time again its actually shown its ether fully the developers fault or its 50/50 (in the case of anthem its 50/50)

    History just fucken repeating itself and people just keep eating it up.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Cause you don't need to play the game to experience the story. No game requires this because it is a "VIDEO" game.

    You don't need to experience Kingdom Hearts story via playing the game. The same apply's to every other game out there as well. Just because you "Don't Trust Media" doesn't mean you can't learn about something before buying it.

    Funny enough you have actually proved my point.



    This line right here outright proves my point.

    You have played the game for 15 hours and don't know if it has a meaningful story. Then that means it doesn't because NO GAME takes 15 hours to show a meaningful story or even a average one.
    This "GAAS" thing is just bullshit.

    It just means developers can put out a mediocre game, get the money from sales and then improve it a year later. It's a scummy system.

    And Bioware are not the only ones guilty of it. Ubisoft, Bungie and others do it too. It's crap.

  20. #5560
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    That's been my overall biggest gripe after finishing the main campaign...How lackluster it felt...I enjoyed the gameplay enough so hopefully they fix these issues soon that's crashing hardware so i can feel confident to load it up again.
    i mean they left it open so that they can continue the story(as per usual with on going stories)
    i got pretty excited with the final reveal.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •