Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So that's the rationalization? That he didn't gain enough from cheating? Come on now.
    Look at it this way was he roflstomping other players? No since it is not that sort of game.. Also EA/Bioware must of had a reason to unban him for what he was doing, and in the end with what he was doing, shows all that is wrong with Anthem simple as that..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-05 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't want a game that's good in a year. I want a game that is a good at launch. £60 for Anthem is disgusting with how poor it is. It's worth £40 at most.
    30$ maybe. And the argument that "you buy the game and all its updates!" is ridiculous, if the game costs 30$, and 3 upcoming updates are worth 10$ - i shouldn't have to pay 60$ upfront.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Think last game I ever bought with EAs stamp on it was Unravel.

Until EA and Bioware stop with this "games as a service" shit with big titles then I ain't touching them.

I don't want a game that's good in a year. I want a game that is a good at launch. £60 for Anthem is disgusting with how poor it is. It's worth £40 at most.
    Did you figure that out quick enough to get your money back from EA?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I have two monitors, games literally running on the other one as I type this. Though I wouldn't say I "love" the game, just that I see its potential. Its very much an unfinished game with lots of flaws, but nothing worse than what I've dealt with in other titles that went on to be successes.

This is a website filled with blizzard gamers, and blizzard made their entire reputation on polish, polish, polish. That polishing tended to happen *after* the game was launched, which is why there was and continues to be the beta memes.
    Completely different topic, but if you have time and/or ability to use a second monitor for a "2nd grade entertainment" of sorts while playing a game - the game is not that good. I never understood people who use two monitors this way - you either play, or watch streams. I know, listening is a thing, but distracting yourself from something you enjoy only makes me think that you don't enjoy it that much and games aren't immersive enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But to bring it back on topic, people just need to be a bit more objective instead of just jumping on a bandwagon. If I hadn't actually played Anthem to see for myself if the game was worth a damn, and just listened to the big youtubers and reviews, I'd probably think the game was a steaming pile of bugs and terrible decisions. But I DID play the game for myself, and discovered that it was fine....very enjoyable even, despite some of the bugs I actually encountered.

A lot of people like to say they can learn everything they need to know about a game by watching streams or youtube videos. And don't get me wrong, that's a powerful tool! But it's the difference between book learning and actual first-hand experience.
    Thing about youtubers and reviews - you have to find the one who has same tastes as yours and follow him. Following "big" youtubers and reviews is one of the worst mistakes you can make when thinking about buying a game
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    30$ maybe. And the argument that "you buy the game and all its updates!" is ridiculous, if the game costs 30$, and 3 upcoming updates are worth 10$ - i shouldn't have to pay 60$ upfront.
    Considering ive had 20 hours of (generally) painless enjoyment out of the game so far with no end of it in sight, id say its worth the price tag. For me.

And extra updates of content in the coming months for free? Sign me up.

Dont get me wrong the game has its faults, but at the end of the day the main selling point of this game is the gameplay, and how combat feels to execute. That alone is fun enough to make me want to stick around and see what develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Gratz! Since the loot patch I seem to have the worst luck with drops as I've not had anything even considering worth using. Granted, I've been mostly playing free play the past days.
    Still no legendaries for me though, btw masterwork flamethrower + shock coil (or lightning coil, the one that detonates) is a no-brainer for trash aoe, more difficult to use for bosses especially the ones that one-shot in melee like ursix

On a side note i think freeplay could use more players in the map, 4 players are too few for that huge map, most of the time you are chasing other players to do world events because you can't solo many of the world events in GM1 or higher, so many times you join a world event but you have to fly away when you start getting swarmed from all sides
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-03-05 at 10:59 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

EA asks for help to diagnose Anthem's alarming PS4 crashes

This is not something "nearly all AAA titles do" as has been claimed in this thread, it has happened with some titles, yeah, but very few. This is an issue. I saw someone in here mention it happened to them a bunch, thought this might help.

Sony are also offering refunds, supposedly.
    they’ve been issuing full refunds for the game with no questions asked
    Whether true or not, guess someone would have to try and find out themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

This is not something "nearly all AAA titles do" as has been claimed in this thread, it has happened with some titles, yeah, but very few. This is an issue. I saw someone in here mention it happened to them a bunch, thought this might help.

How the fuck do EA/Bioware not know what is wrong with their own game?

Do they not have QA or something?

This trainwreck just keeps getting more fun to watch if I'm honest.

They do or they did... but EA probably decided they weren't necessary in the wild new frontier of live services where you market finishing the game as "free DLC".

What a shitshow. And people ask why i don't buy AAA games on release anymore.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by Leonaras View Post
    Considering ive had 20 hours of (generally) painless enjoyment out of the game so far with no end of it in sight, id say its worth the price tag. For me.
    The problem is current game hours aren't the same thing as game hours 10-15-20 years ago. The product was generally tightly designed and thoughtfully laid out as an experience. The current method of filling up the time with mindless wandering, loading screens, grinding, and non-tailored encounters is low effort filler by comparison.

I played only a few hour of anthem and gave up.
    The game is so repetative, there is almost no variety to missions, objectives or enemies.

Well i guess Anthem 76 will stick to it.
    But you can see they totaly ignored testing. You should never deploy a patch till you are 100% it wont break something.
    Oh and QA costs money:
    https://testfort.com/blog/how-much-d...ce-qa-honestly
    Why hire them, when you can use players to work for you for free?

Also you need to count that Ea doesnt seem to give a thing abauth their reputation. (bad rep (--- less money)

They certainly have QA but QA will generally not catch everything that could happen. This is more a "let us know what you were doing at the time and did you have to do anything to get the console going again" (such as pressing the actual power button several times or having to wait for a while before it'll even turn back on). When they get enough info, they'll be able to recreate the most common circumstances for a shutdown and see what's going on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anthemthegame/comments/axhh4t

I hope someone writes an article based on this reddit thread...

TLDR - No consoles are bricked... people just don't know how to handle recovery. They are not offering refunds.

They certainly have QA but QA will generally not catch everything that could happen. This is more a "let us know what you were doing at the time and did you have to do anything to get the console going again" (such as pressing the actual power button several times or having to wait for a while before it'll even turn back on). When they get enough info, they'll be able to recreate the most common circumstances for a shutdown and see what's going on.
    Yeah but why be reasonable when you can be in the cool kids club and grab a pitchfork to slay the demon that is EA ('cause no other major game developer works for money FIRST, right? *cough*ATVI*cough*).
    Also, my other favorite thing is when people hate on the QA teams themselves - THESE GUYS MUST SUCK SO MUCH I FELL THROUGH THE GROUND HOW CAN YOU MISS THIS LOLOL... I have friends that work/have worked for Ubisoft and can tell you, QA teams are under huge stress and with disgusting deadlines, half the shit they find doesn't even get approved for fix 'cause reasons (aka devs not having time for it, not seeing enough worth to fix it asap)…

The gaming industry has been decaying in quality for a long time with almost non-existant innovation but people only notice it when it's a random nobody's topic on reddit with 5k upvotes, otherwise it doesn't matter

Form your own opinions people! It's not hard.
    Intel i5-6600k (4.6GHz) | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6
    2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz | ASUS Strix RTX 2080 Ti
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W| Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Chroma v2 | Lancer | Firefly | Kraken 7.1 v2 | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anthemthegame/comments/axhh4t

I hope someone writes an article based on this reddit thread...

TLDR - No consoles are bricked... people just don't know how to handle recovery. They are not offering refunds.
    and why should people believe 1 random guy on reddit claiming he works on sony vs all other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    BYou should never deploy a patch till you are 100% it wont break something.
    Totally realistic indeed 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    and why should people believe 1 random guy on reddit claiming he works on sony vs all other people?
    Why should anyone believe the first random guy that started the shitty news cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Yeah but why be reasonable when you can be in the cool kids club and grab a pitchfork to slay the demon that is EA
    Don't know why we have to call it a "cool kids club" or bandwagon or whatever else when EA get so much hate because they've done enough to deserve it and the reputation to go along with it. No bandwagon about it, it's just people giving their opinion. Only difference when it comes to Anthem (or Apex and such) is that it's misplaced and a lot of the criticism should go to the developer, not the publisher.

Did I just defend EA? Jesus...

I agree about all the shit QA teams get, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Totally realistic indeed 10/10
    100% isn't realistic, no. But you should want to be as close to it as humanly possibly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Why should anyone believe the first random guy that started the shitty news cycle?
    Same reason anyone believes anything from Random Joe on the internet, it helps/shares their opinion/viewpoint on a subject.