Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well basically you have dreamers like this guy here sprouting shit like this:

Those guys are totally dog in a burning house meme in the flesh, so no wonder they post shit that makes normal people laugh.

Reminds of another game that had people like quoted - it was called Wildstar, I remember first months when people dropped it in droves they too celebrated how it's good that "morons quit woohoo".
    And even if Anthem does survive it'll have a low playerbase at most.

People saying "Oh Destiny 2 survived" failed to realise that the game lost 80% of it's total playerbase within a few months of launching. And quite frankly the Annual Pass content is subpar at best so far.

Anthem has pretty much lost it's change to have a huge playerbase now same as Destiny 2.

And quite frankly Bioware only have themselves to blame. Just like Bungie have themselves to blame for the state of their game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It will survive. Destiny 2 survived... TD1 survived... No Man's Sky survived.
    Yeah, people SHOULD play for the gameplay.
    Not for the dopamine of receiving a reward/improvement.

If you dont have fun playing anthem...you just might quit today.

Please do

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yep. Had about 50 or so XB1 friends playing Anthem on launch. Now only 12 are and most managed to refund it. Most of them telling me about that protest which made me chuckle.

The loot changes on top of the other crap was the straw that broke the camels back for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And even if Anthem does survive it'll have a low playerbase at most.

People saying "Oh Destiny 2 survived" failed to realise that the game lost 80% of it's total playerbase within a few months of launching. And quite frankly the Annual Pass content is subpar at best so far.

Anthem has pretty much lost it's change to have a huge playerbase now same as Destiny 2.

And quite frankly Bioware only have themselves to blame. Just like Bungie have themselves to blame for the state of their game.
    Destiny 2 has a monetary cost to coming back. Anthem does not.

Not saying they don't need to fix stuff, because they do. Loot is not in a good place, but reddit just wants a bandaid. There's been a huge overreaction. It's been a total of 48 hours since the patch dropped, not 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    That protest is about the most pathetic thing I've seen in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    That protest is about the most pathetic thing I've seen in awhile.
    Maybe Bioware shouldn't change the game and make it even worse then? Especially for people who may have thrown down full price for a AAA game that isn't AAA quality?

10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny 2 has a monetary cost to coming back. Anthem does not.

Not saying they don't need to fix stuff, because they do. Loot is not in a good place, but reddit just wants a bandaid. There's been a huge overreaction. It's been a total of 48 hours since the patch dropped, not 3 months.
    Are you insinuating people need to "explore the patch" because lulz.

What patch did is make Legendary items super important for just about any build, while it did nothing to address drop rate which is not a new issue AND on top of that they nerfed farming which allowed steady MW income. They basically exacerbated the issue - the patch not only resulted in no improvement to loot rate, but it actually decreased it, while making that rare loot MUCH more important.

And you wonder why reddit is like that. Basically Bioware made shit worse on all fronts when it comes to loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Maybe Bioware shouldn't change the game and make it even worse then? Especially for people who may have thrown down full price for a AAA game that isn't AAA quality?
    They didn't change anything? The loot drop rate was basically unintended and got reverted to what it was. We can have a discussion about what the loot rate should be (right now it's in my opinion not where it should be) but a protest like that is pathetic and childish.

They didn't change anything? The loot drop rate was basically unintended and got reverted to what it was. We can have a discussion about what the loot rate should be (right now it's in my opinion not where it should be) but a protest like that is pathetic and childish.
    Luckily i was fully masterwork with 1 legendary railgun before loot nerf and now running gm2
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

And again. Maybe Bioware could actually try to make a AAA quality game next time as their studio suggests?

Then players wouldn't be pissed off especially when a good chunk threw £60 on a game that clearly wasn't ready for launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Luckily i was fully masterwork with 1 legendary railgun before loot nerf and running gm2
    I was down with the flu so didn't get to play during it. Doesn't bother me that much though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they did, they nerfed farming hard which limits MW crafting, which allowed you to at least improve loot by having more guaranteed rolls.

Then they made Legendaries a lot more important, due to average ilvl scaling now being used as calculation for melee, procs and ult damage, this basically made epic items unviable compared to before and you are now pretty much have to stack MWs and Legendaries, where as before you could do without and could at least lessen RNG pains with crafting of Epic and MW stuff.

Are you insinuating people need to "explore the patch" because lulz.

What patch did is make Legendary items super important for just about any build, while it did nothing to address drop rate which is not a new issue AND on top of that they nerfed farming which allowed steady MW income. They basically exacerbated the issue - the patch not only resulted in no improvement to loot rate, but it actually decreased it, while making that rare loot MUCH more important.

And you wonder why reddit is like that. Basically Bioware made shit worse on all fronts when it comes to loot.
    No. I'm not insinuating that at all. I'm insinuating that they've been busting their asses with patches and got us stuff early. Did it have some negative consequences? Yes. Did it do some really good things? Yes.

Chad Robertson made some comments yesterday with the information he has available. These did not go over well. That means they need to get back together and come up with something else or lie. What would you prefer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they did, they nerfed farming hard which limits MW crafting, which allowed you to at least improve loot by having more guaranteed rolls.

Then they made Legendaries a lot more important, due to average ilvl scaling now being used as calculation for melee, procs and ult damage, this basically made epic items unviable compared to before and you are now pretty much have to stack MWs and Legendaries, where as before you could do without and could at least lessen RNG pains with crafting of Epic and MW stuff.
    Which is a good change, MW and Legendaries should be better than Epic. Are you saying Epics are viable in D3?

EDIT: And once again, I agree that current drop rates are not what they should be (they should be somewhere in between what they currently are and their bugged state)
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2019-03-11 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I'm not insinuating that at all. I'm insinuating that they've been busting their asses with patches and got us stuff early. Did it have some negative consequences? Yes. Did it do some really good things? Yes.

Chad Robertson made some comments yesterday with the information he has available. These did not go over well. That means they need to get back together and come up with something else or lie. What would you prefer?
    They needed to bust their asses during 6 years they had before they shipped this trainwreck. They had some good faith from community, but these reserves dried out due to their constant incompetent bullshit they keep doing like with latest patch.

They needed to bust their asses during 6 years they had before they shipped this trainwreck. They had some good faith from community, but these reserves dried out due to their constant incompetent bullshit they keep doing like with latest patch.
    A lot of stuff changed... Their lead designer died in 2017, people left the project, etc... This isn't an excuse, they probably needed 3-6 months more in the oven, but investors.

Let me ask you this. Would you be ok with a generosity patch if they invalidated your current loot later and potentially nerfed droprates later?
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-11 at 04:41 PM.

Latest patch is incompetent bullshit? How so?

I uderstand you want the game to "make it Rain" again.
    But how in the hell is a patch with 300 mini changes incompetent ^_^

Yeah they've thrown 6 years of good faith away in the space of a couple of weeks. Pretty damn impressive.

And I imagine DA4 will be the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Latest patch is incompetent bullshit? How so?

I uderstand you want the game to "make it Rain" again.
    But how in the hell is a patch with 300 mini changes incompetent ^_^
    I explained in how it was incompetent in my replies above.

Let me explain to you again in small words:

Issue: Loot drops are stingy
    Bioware change: Nerf harvesting AND make Legendaries much more important due to melee/combo/procs/ult scaling from average ilvl change, while making Epic items completely useless in process.

Wut?

They effectively reduced amount of viable loot instead of increasing it, it's like "we hear you guys!" and then doing complete opposite. It's incompetent as fuck.

Before patch: you needed only 1 Legendary item to have maximum melee/combo/ult/proc power and Epic items had place in viable and optimal builds.
    After patch: you need to have as much Legendaries as possible and rest MWs and Epic items are basically not viable anymore. And we killed harvesting in process woo!

You don't see issue here?

It's like they took the loot issues and made them much worse with one patch. Really now, Bioware?
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-11 at 04:49 PM.