Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    SNIP...
    That's more like paying for shoddy work than being scammed. I think people kind of misconstrue what scammed means, it actually implies intent. If a guy makes an honest effort to fix your bathroom but doesn't actually fix it, it doesn't mean he was trying to scam you...
    Given the piss poor development after six years for the product we got and the shotty released mediocre product sold to gamers as a AAA game that wasn't AAA. I'd say there was clear intent to deliver a second rate game they knew was bugged and had more issues than a then Jeffery Dahmer with the hopes of fixing it later and just how long can they string people along wait till those fixes got here.

There is simply no way they didn't know the issues anthem had and has and it was intentionally released in an unfinished state. They can also have the intent to fix it but scammed is still pretty appropriate here even if all you go by is intent. There just isn't any way bioware didn't know what they were selling.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Given the piss poor development after six years for the product we got and the shotty released mediocre product sold to gamers as a AAA game that wasn't AAA. I'd say there was clear intent to deliver a second rate game they knew was bugged and had more issues than a then Jeffery Dahmer with the hopes of fixing it later and just how long can they string people along wait till those fixes got here.

There is simply no way they didn't know the issues anthem had and has and it was intentionally released in an unfinished state. They can also have the intent to fix it but scammed is still pretty appropriate here even if all you go by is intent. There just isn't any way bioware didn't know what they were selling.
    I'm not so sure, if you look at the last Bioware releases (MEA, DAI) they always had a (boring) main story for 20-whatever hours and then some tacked on multiplayer and Anthem is just that. I'd say thats Biowares modus operandi...

They should have pushed release back a month or so after the Division 2 release, that way people bored with it would have tried Anthem, and probably have stayed longer then they did because at it's core the Gameplay is better in Anthem, but the Division has way more content so the gameplay can be overlooked a bit. They would have also had more time to finish the game than what we got.

Freeplay is some desperate need of QOL changes.

Most freeplay sessions i get in are either:

- all 4 players on opposite corners of the map
    - group of 2 players, literally at the other end of the map from where i spawn, thus requiring me to fly for 5 minutes just to reach them and hope they don't log out

For a game that preaches "strong alone, stronger together", freeplay has very little to facilitate cooperative play.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post

- group of 2 players, literally at the other end of the map from where i spawn, thus requiring me to fly for 5 minutes just to reach them and hope they don't log out

For a game that preaches "strong alone, stronger together", freeplay has very little to facilitate cooperative play.
    Yeah that's my main gripe. This and the total absence of HUD/Group display for the other members in the session, making the markers for their position kinda random (sometimes they disappear for no reason).

I simply don't understand why the game doesn't automatically put all the guys of the session in the same squad, at least.
    And the lack of chat kills every PU tentative.

while the game has its flaws it has enough content and playability to at least get your moneys worth as it is now, yes it needs more content but the gameplay itself is pretty solid and just need QoL changes and a little more work, it took division 1 at least a year before it started getting good but the standard game was just enough.

No matter how long a game is in development it will never be ready, there are always going to be things that are missing, at least when its released the playbase can get the game pushed in the direction it should be.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I'm not so sure, if you look at the last Bioware releases (MEA, DAI) they always had a (boring) main story for 20-whatever hours and then some tacked on multiplayer and Anthem is just that. I'd say thats Biowares modus operandi...
    A clear intent to deliver mediocrity but this time with anthem it was on a whole different level of releasing a poor product. I'd say intent to deliver a bad product is there when we are talking about is it a scam or not.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    They should have pushed release back a month or so after the Division 2 release, that way people bored with it would have tried Anthem, and probably have stayed longer then they did because at it's core the Gameplay is better in Anthem, but the Division has way more content so the gameplay can be overlooked a bit. They would have also had more time to finish the game than what we got.
    Not sure if this is conspiracy theory or just business analysis but I've often wondered if bioware knew when TD2 was releasing and did all they could to make sure anthem was released before it. Even if they had to release a bugged and issued filled product. Get their game out first because if they released this product after TD2 given the state of both games when you compare them. Even anthems initial sales would have been release hurt badly. The added time for anthem might have helped a little but I'm not so sure. anthem right now doesn't seem to keep up with TD2.

Better for bioware to release a nearly broken product but still riding the high of over-hype for high initial sales than to wait and release their nearly broken product after TD2. bioware takes the Pr hit and bad press with the hopes to mend fences later with their GAAS, free DLC and the promises of we are working on it - just wait.

Crazy thought on the whole fiasco with anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    while the game has its flaws it has enough content and playability to at least get your moneys worth as it is now, yes it needs more content but the gameplay itself is pretty solid and just need QoL changes and a little more work, it took division 1 at least a year before it started getting good but the standard game was just enough.

No matter how long a game is in development it will never be ready, there are always going to be things that are missing, at least when its released the playbase can get the game pushed in the direction it should be.
    I got $15 worth out of it (probably even $30) but I don't think I got $60 with how the initial game released. interruption after interruption in game play, bug after bug. Sadly, I was one that hit a number of issues during my game play. It was pretty frustrating. Entertaining at times but the experience wasn't a $60 experience for me.

A few things missing I could handle. anthem was missing more than just a few things. Polish and more solid development time are just two off the top of my head.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-03-21 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post

You're talking to a wall who defend death threats made to developers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You're talking to a wall who defend death threats made to developers, though.
    Clearly someone hasn't read what I posted. Try again but at least go back to my posts on said subject before you do.

Clearly someone hasn't read what I posted. Try again but at least go back to my posts on said subject before you do.
    I don't need to. I've already gone through all this hatred, disguised as "I don't accept death threats made to developers but I fully understand winkwink", unwrapped over 4 or 5 pages.

I don't need to. I've already gone through all this hatred, disguised as "I don't accept death threats made to developers but I fully understand winkwink", unwrapped over 4 or 5 pages.
    That's why I ignored he or she like 10 pages ago.

It sounds like you need to go back but ok.

You should know I don't accept death threats or the over the top drama of threats but I am Ok with being an asshole given the state of anthem. I wont rehash it all again but I see the gamers POV when they spend $60 and feel scammed given how bad anthem was at release and when their comments come off as being an asshole and harsh, I'm good with it for the most part. (You'll notice I didn't put a winkwink on any of that.)

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's why I ignored he or she like 10 pages ago.
    This topic looks like a mine field with all those Ignored Users. Too bad that they still have the power to disrupt any conversation about the game itself without end. Every time someone tries to bring up any topic related to the game, you'll see one of them bringing their endless "arguments" we could make a bingo about: not a 60$ game, needed another year of development, death threats are great, metacritic ftw or other pointless stuff.

Do we know when the next patch is supposed to come ? I was somehow convinced it was supposed to be Tuesday or today, but I didn't watch the livestream so I don't have the latest news (and my shitty connection will probably require a few hours to download it so I have to plan accordingly... )

SNIP...

Do we know when the next patch is supposed to come ? I was somehow convinced it was supposed to be Tuesday or today, but I didn't watch the livestream so I don't have the latest news (and my shitty connection will probably require a few hours to download it so I have to plan accordingly... )
    Update 1.04 is planned to be released next week.

This topic looks like a mine field with all those Ignored Users. Too bad that they still have the power to disrupt any conversation about the game itself without end. Every time someone tries to bring up any topic related to the game, you'll see one of them bringing their endless "arguments" we could make a bingo about: not a 60$ game, needed another year of development, death threats are great, metacritic ftw or other pointless stuff.

It should be sometime next week. My bet is Tuesday or Thursday.

If you use AdBlockPlus you can add mmo-champion.com##.postbitignored.postbitim to your filter list and just never see their posts. It makes MMO-C much more enjoyable to browse. It's especially key in the videogames and politics sections as those tend to attract bad faith posters...
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-21 at 02:35 PM.

In the live stream they just mentioned next week but haven't given an official day yet. Jesse also mentioned he should release his version of the patch notes just prior to the patch going live.

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to the example he provided, but sure, go ahead and twist my words to fulfill your agenda...

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It should be sometime next week. My bet is Tuesday or Thursday.

If you use AdBlockPlus you can add mmo-champion.com##.postbitignored.postbitim to your filter list and just never see their posts. It makes MMO-C much more enjoyable to browse. It's especially key in the videogames and politics sections as those tend to attract bad faith posters...
    Thanks a lot for both information.

Something else I'd love to see changed (but that's probably more tricky as some people probably enjoy this system) is the fact you can loot everything, including stuff for other Javelins. I've got 3 Legendaries yesterday (I didn't have any for 8 days previously), two ended being Components for Interceptor and Colossus while playing on my Storm. That was frustrating tbh.

Something else I'd love to see changed (but that's probably more tricky as some people probably enjoy this system) is the fact you can loot everything, including stuff for other Javelins. I've got 3 Legendaries yesterday (I didn't have any for 8 days previously), two ended being Components for Interceptor and Colossus while playing on my Storm. That was frustrating tbh.
    They did mention they're looking into that. It's by design you can get some components/items at a low rate on different javelins... but it's definitely a lot higher than it was. At this point I think I have 10-20 MW/Legendary storm/ranger/colossus components I've earned while playing my interceptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post

This is my biggest problem with free play as well. There needs some kind of force leash to others option because chasing around people flying 3 different directions on a giant map makes any kind of non premade grouping in free play painful and annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

It is intended you get mods for other javelins so that your ones you don't use as much can have some upgrades to make it easier to fire them up if you want to. That said it almost feels like that roll for that to happen is also tied to quality so its such a rare thing to roll when it happens it tends to end up legendary WAY more often than you would expect. The devs are looking into it and I suspect there is some rarity glitch that trips off where if you do get one of those comps to drop its chance at upgrading to max level is very high for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    This is my biggest problem with free play as well. There needs some kind of force leash to others option because chasing around people flying 3 different directions on a giant map makes any kind of non premade grouping in free play painful and annoying.
    A fast travel option would be nice... But the way difficulty and mob density works, if you're on the opposite sides of the map, you'll only have appropriate mob density for you.