Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    But i didn't get scammed. I got a good 100 hours out of that game before it stopped being fun.
    I love people always saying they got scammed even though we had a closed and open beta, and full week of early access where people completed the entire games content on stream and we knew exactly what we were getting.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

But i didn't get scammed. I got a good 100 hours out of that game before it stopped being fun.
    Same here, I got my money's worth and I'm looking forward to see what they pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well it worked for No Man's Sky.
    Lets stop this falacy. NMS is a game from an indie dev with a small studio. The initial sales of the game allowed that to happen.

Bioware has bigger teams, which are paid more under execs that are not happy with the initial sales and want the big profits.

Completely different situations.

The only time where that has happened was in the case of FFXIV and a western company will never do that.

But, if you manage your expectations, there is some hope. Like SWTOR it seems like they are putting a small team on it to milk it. So, expect micro transactions on cosmetics and small content patches, but it will keep going on while it makes money and SWTOR is actually really fun and Anthem can hit that point too.

Of course, SWTOR has the IP. Anthem we will have to see if enough people care.
    It will definitly not gonna have a big relaunch.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-31 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I honestly don't understand why they don't let Bioware just make Bioware games.
    This was all on BioWare, not EA. No matter how much freedom and time EA gives BW, BW still falls flat. It's simply because nobody from the original BW is left. Simple as that.

EA was very patient with Anthem. It took BW ages to get the game finished. And it still fell flat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well it worked for No Man's Sky.
    NMS isn't an MMO-lite developed by a passionless husk of a once-great company. There's a lot of passion from those that worked on NMS. There's not a single soul with passion over at BW.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Anthem fails, they should probably axe the studio completely. I've given up on a Jade Empire sequel or remake so screw 'em. They don't make great games I'd enjoy anyway, and it seems like no one cares if Anthem turns out well.

10+ Year Old Account
    "A multiplayer loot & shooter GaaS stopped being fun after 100 hours" is damning it with faint praise.

That's a good lifespan of a single player RPG, but not one targeting having people actually playing it continually for months and years afterwards.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An average player doesn't play more than a couple of hours per week. 100 hours would take them months to play. Their plan was to release new content by then - that's what GaaS is. GaaS is not "release the game with content for 1000 hours of hardcore playtime" <- that would be a really stupid idea, considering the possibility for players to not like the content you created.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Ea and bioware have lost all credibility, you can only fail so many times untill past cred is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, they might yet be able to salvage this.

IMO, Anthem's mech combat was definitely great - I really liked when after all these loading screens and all that joke of a campaign, inventory management, RNG crap drops, rubberbanding and what not - you finally got into a fight and it was pretty damn good, even if ultimately same thing all over again in same small selection of maps and generic missions.

Anthem's problem was that mostly everything else apart from combat was a shallow and unoptimized piece of shit. If they actually genuinely manage to fix ALL or let's be more realistic 70% of all that crap - they will have a solid starter on their hands, even if tarnished and probably having to claw its way back up for years.

---

And for the record, I bashed the shit out of Anthem - it was the most monumental failure and disappointment of 2019, heck it is easy in top 5 gaming fuckups of the decade alongside with Mass Effect 3 ending.

But if Bioware will actually manage to pull this one out, then why the hell not.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-11-01 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Who knows, they might yet be able to salvage this.

IMO, Anthem's mech combat was definitely great - I really liked when after all these loading screens and all that joke of a campaign, inventory management, RNG crap drops, rubberbanding and what not - you finally got into a fight and it was pretty damn good, even if ultimately same thing all over again in same small selection of maps and generic missions.

Anthem's problem was that mostly everything else apart from combat was a shallow and unoptimized piece of shit. If they actually genuinely manage to fix ALL or let's be more realistic 70% of all that crap - they will have a solid starter on their hands, even if tarnished and probably having to claw its way back up for years.

---

And for the record, I bashed the shit out of Anthem - it was the most monumental failure and disappointment of 2019, heck it is easy in top 5 gaming fuckups of the decade alongside with Mass Effect 3 ending.

But if Bioware will actually manage to pull this one out, then why the hell not.
    The problem is that it appears they are taking resources away from Anthem, probably to spend on DA4, and not putting in more resources to fix it in a timely manner.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem is that it appears they are taking resources away from Anthem, probably to spend on DA4, and not putting in more resources to fix it in a timely manner.
    I don't mind that, really.

If they manage to figure out Anthem, then it's good. But in between that and DA4 - I'm certainly not going to cry tears of sadness if Anthem 2.0 is offed for sake of DA4.

I felt like the core game play of Anthem along with the story (not how it was executed in separate instances, but the actual story itself) were pretty damned good. If they could fix it so those two pieces fit seamlessly together and didn't feel terrible, the game could be amazing.

Having the town and the world be two completely separate areas with zero interaction, and not being able to check and equip gear in the field was ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    The reboot might be currently on hold as Bioware has had some high profile shakeups and look to be having troubles with DA4. Christian Dailey is now heading up Dragon Age instead of Anthem.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/12/03/...ectronic-arts/
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The reboot might be currently on hold as Bioware has had some high profile shakeups and look to be having troubles with DA4. Christian Dailey is now heading up Dragon Age instead of Anthem.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/12/03/...ectronic-arts/
    Not on hold, just changing leads. Dailey said he was confident in the team to keep doing the good work they've been doing, so we'll see how things are going when they share their next development update whenever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not on hold, just changing leads. Dailey said he was confident in the team to keep doing the good work they've been doing, so we'll see how things are going when they share their next development update whenever that is.
    The history of the game and it's development shows a rather large lacking in direction in what exactly they want to do with the game and what they want to get out of the game besides money.

So, for a game that seems to have issues in which direction it actually wants to go as a game (and not just as a cash stream), I'd say losing their lead is a bigger issues than most might want to believe. A continued black mark on a game that has been marred in issues since way before launch.

I feel like this is the last few mins in a Jenga game and any move, no matter what it is, could easily cause the games downfall and there would be no real winners.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The history of the game and it's development shows a rather large lacking in direction in what exactly they want to do with the game and what they want to get out of the game besides money.

So, for a game that seems to have issues in which direction it actually wants to go as a game (and not just as a cash stream), I'd say losing their lead is a bigger issues than most might want to believe. A continued black mark on a game that has been marred in issues since way before launch.

I feel like this is the last few mins in a Jenga game and any move, no matter what it is, could easily cause the games downfall and there would be no real winners.
    Plus with how avengers did, i think the market is over for gaas. The new trend will be fall guys/among us style games for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Plus with how avengers did, i think the market is over for gaas. The new trend will be fall guys/among us style games for awhile
    I'm not sold on the GAAS being completely over as anthem and avengers had potential. They really could have been amazing games but game companies have to stop releaseing them in a half-assed, incomplete, bugged filled, mediocre state, while hoping gamers will just hang on and buy things from a cash shop for a few years till the game companies get their act together.

GAAS could still work but game companies will have to do better. I don't think they can or will because gamers are just money pits to them. What we will likely see is their lying get better and better.

Yeah there is to much money in gaas, its a proven method of getting constant income that is higher then you would get with a b2p game.
    I don't see why developers would abandon it, you just have to actually put some effort into the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    God i wish. I would love for single player/co-op sci-fi shooters to return but we are still at the point people who work at companies like square enix are saying the mandate from on high is "make as much live service output as you can, thats the hot ticket all our money is going to come from".

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=P6Q0mxvj

So it may not get the full reboot, apparently EA is deciding the games fate this week. I hope they do, it'd be a shame for the groundwork to go to waste given the potential for some rad as shit Iron Man nonsensen.