Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wouldn't be first time gameplay and progression is turned inyo grindy mess to incentivise buying the progression insteqd of playing to get it.
    You still keep responding about monetization to a comment about good quality game play being a bad thing. I really don't know what you are trying to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I get your point but don't give a crap about EA. However I do like Bioware, so can I not support Bioware when they make a game that looks fun to me, or must I ignore them just because they fall under EA?
    I can't speak to other people, but the reason I'm still leaning negative is: EA has a track-record of leaning hard against their studios and forcing them to make games outside of their niche then shuttering them. This game feels like a repeat of EA forcing Visceral to turn Deadspace 3 into a buddy-cover shooter then closing the studio when that game underwhelmed. They're chasing a trend instead of innovating and making something outside of their expertise. EA also hasn't done anything yet to deserve the benefit of the doubt after BF2.

And other AAA examples such as Activision show that even when you back away from lootboxes, they just invent other ways to play a shell-game with peddling micro-transactions. eg: BLOPS4 selling a grind-quest to get the item, instead of just selling the item, and then letting you pay more to skip the grind. Selling a basic reflex sight on the cash shop, etc. So I worry EA will just obfuscate things while attempting to do almost the same thing. This also isn't the first time that EA has been caught overreaching. It's always 3 steps forward 1 step back... then they push the boundaries again the first chance they think people aren't looking.

They're like some drug addict that's been in rehab 3x already that assures you don't worry, THIS time they're clean. Trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Are you sure you aren't just substituting supercomplex branching narrative from previous BioWare games as RPG elements? Because there is a story, roleplaying and characters. You still have choices. Or all you basing everything off of the one tidbit of the first story mission that you've seen.
    This narrative structure/storytelling is what made those older Bioware (and while we're at it, Bethesda) games unique and special. It's not about "making choices" it's about making meaningful choices and caring about the consequences. I don't think it is possible to get this kind of experience in a multiplayer open world destiny-style looter shooter that Anthem seems to be so far. Games as a Service and meaningful storytelling just don't seem to mix.

I'm not saying Anthem won't be a good game, but it is probably not a game made for me. People opine for Bioware of old because they want more game experiences like those, not games like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I can't speak to other people, but the reason I'm still leaning negative is: EA has a track-record of leaning hard against their studios and forcing them to make games outside of their niche then shuttering them. This game feels like a repeat of EA forcing Visceral to turn Deadspace 3 into a buddy-cover shooter then closing the studio when that game underwhelmed. They're chasing a trend instead of innovating and making something outside of their expertise. EA also hasn't done anything yet to deserve the benefit of the doubt after BF2.

And other AAA examples such as Activision show that even when you back away from lootboxes, they just invent other ways to play a shell-game with peddling micro-transactions. eg: BLOPS4 selling a grind-quest to get the item, instead of just selling the item, and then letting you pay more to skip the grind. Selling a basic reflex sight on the cash shop, etc. So I worry EA will just obfuscate things while attempting to do almost the same thing. This also isn't the first time that EA has been caught overreaching. It's always 3 steps forward 1 step back... then they push the boundaries again the first chance they think people aren't looking.

They're like some drug addict that's been in rehab 3x already that assures you don't worry, THIS time they're clean. Trust them.
    I hear you. I still am interested in playing Anthem though. If it ends up being a mess with MTx and such later I can always leave. If they push too hard on Bioware this time though they may end up with another situation like Bungie leaving Activision....lol

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I hear you. I still am interested in playing Anthem though. If it ends up being a mess with MTx and such later I can always leave. If they push too hard on Bioware this time though they may end up with another situation like Bungie leaving Activision....lol
    That can't happen. Activision didn't own Bungie, they were simply the publishing partner for Destiny so ending their contract early likely wasn't super complicated (especially since it seemed like both wanted out). EA wholly owns BW, and they don't seem to want to offload them, so there's really no chance BW could break away unless something happened and EA wanted to sell the studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That can't happen. Activision didn't own Bungie, they were simply the publishing partner for Destiny so ending their contract early likely wasn't super complicated (especially since it seemed like both wanted out). EA wholly owns BW, and they don't seem to want to offload them, so there's really no chance BW could break away unless something happened and EA wanted to sell the studios.
    The more likely scenario would be Microsoft buying EA than BioWare being free from EA. It was rumored in the past and they're due for another big acquisition.

The more likely scenario would be Microsoft buying EA than BioWare being free from EA. It was rumored in the past and they're due for another big acquisition.
    They just bought up a whole host of studios last year - https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-to...nt-and-inxile/

Obsidian, inXile and Ninja Theory. They've been beefing up their first party lineup, and I doubt they want to spend enough to buy out EA at this point, especially with all the baggage EA would bring with them.

So does anyone know how strict the NDA actually is? Is it bad to say the alpha was a lot of fun?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    So does anyone know how strict the NDA actually is? Is it bad to say the alpha was a lot of fun?
    If you're in it, I'd give it a read. Haven't seen it myself, but I believe the looser restrictions were exclusively for press/influenecers lately.

They just bought up a whole host of studios last year - https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-to...nt-and-inxile/

Obsidian, inXile and Ninja Theory. They've been beefing up their first party lineup, and I doubt they want to spend enough to buy out EA at this point, especially with all the baggage EA would bring with them.
    Eh maybe... They would probably dissolve the EA brand and just take the studios and IP. I'm still pretty sure Microsoft will end up making another big acquisition in gaming this year to go along with their purchases from last year. It's not like they couldn't just buy EA several times over with their cash on hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    You're not really supposed to even say you were in the Alpha but they don't seem to care a whole lot provided you're not posting alpha video footage.

Do we know what grouping is like in regards to the different mechs?

Got some friends looking to play as a group but they're trying to plan out who's playing what, I'm assuming this games more like destiny where it can be nice to have a mix of classes but its completely unnecessary and people can just play whatever they want?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Got some friends looking to play as a group but they're trying to plan out who's playing what, I'm assuming this games more like destiny where it can be nice to have a mix of classes but its completely unnecessary and people can just play whatever they want?
    I've seen a team with 2 Colossi in it so I'm guessing you can take whatever combo you want.

You have access to all 4 javelins. There's no limit on number of each type of javelins you can bring since you can have a different load out that will completely change how you play.

You have access to all 4 javelins. There's no limit on number of each type of javelins you can bring since you can have a different load out that will completely change how you play.
    I'm more asking for group comp, not the individual. Like does the game push / force you into having 1 of each or something or can everyone be the same jav and its fine.

I'm more asking for group comp, not the individual. Like does the game push / force you into having 1 of each or something or can everyone be the same jav and its fine.
    We'll find out for sure when it launches, but I imagine that for normal stuff anything goes. If anything, only the harder content would require more specific group comps/loadouts.

We'll find out for sure when it launches, but I imagine that for normal stuff anything goes. If anything, only the harder content would require more specific group comps/loadouts.
    Yeah that's the concern, because knowing the dudes I play with we'll be doing whatever the hardest stuff is.

Ahwel, guess we'll find out.

Yeah that's the concern, because knowing the dudes I play with we'll be doing whatever the hardest stuff is.

Ahwel, guess we'll find out.
    a colossus will be needed 100% on harder content. They’re tanky and can AoE taunt enemies off the squishy members..

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    a colossus will be needed 100% on harder content. They’re tanky and can AoE taunt enemies off the squishy members..
    Mm, wonder if the mobs will *need* to be tanked though, or if the squishies have their own way to deal with things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Not true... you can use cc, dodge, barrier point or wind wall to mitigate not having a colossus. Will it be harder? Absolutely

- - - Updated - - -

Mm, wonder if the mobs will *need* to be tanked though, or if the squishies have their own way to deal with things.
    All the javelins can fly so they can gtfo. Interceptor has a triple jump and double dash, ranger can use barrier point and storm can use wind wall.

You can also build super tanky.

Nifty little trailer with some new gameplay footage.
    Thanks for the video, really interesting.

I'm a big Warframe fan, I'll probably give this one a try, the Storm looks really interesting.