15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Nobody complains about WoW
    Hahahahhahahaa
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Oh and the complaints I've seen are not directed at the cosmetics themselves.

People are saying if the prices go live as they are that it's a bit steep for what the cosmetics themselves offer. I mean I'm willing to give EA/Bioware the benefit of the doubt at least once and believe them that it's not final.

I mean GW2 you can get a brand new outfit for £8. And most of them are pretty damn sexy.

I would think cosmetics would be the one type of item that people are ok with for micro-transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh and the complaints I've seen are not directed at the cosmetics themselves.

People are saying if the prices go live as they are that it's a bit steep for what the cosmetics themselves offer. I mean I'm willing to give EA/Bioware the benefit of the doubt at least once and believe them that it's not final.

I mean GW2 you can get a brand new outfit for £8. And most of them are pretty damn sexy.
    They don't have an actual value attached to it yet, tbh.

People made the assumption 2k shards = $20, and it just spread like wild fire.

If we run with the same idea and make assumptions through the demo or a screenshot. . .
    A full cosmetic set is like 100 coin.
    I've earned close to 200 coin in the demo with about 14 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    I think I saw a statement on reddit from Bioware saying they've already fixed that in a future update. (Don't quote me on this though)
    With how many fixes/improvements are apparently in the launch version, I wouldn't doubt it.

I'll see on the 15th.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-02-03 at 10:26 PM.

If I am able to try it again with the launch version to see how the improvements go, I'd consider getting the game (assuming they fix the issues I have with it). If not, then it is probably a pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    If I am able to try it again with the launch version to see how the improvements go, I'd consider getting the game (assuming they fix the issues I have with it). If not, then it is probably a pass for me.
    I haven't seen anything about trialing the actual release, unless you get Origin Basic (currently $1 deal this month) for a 10 hour unrestricted trial of the game.
    Kind of annoying, as I'd prefer the 10 hour trial to be for anyone so they can show off the game properly.
    While I will be getting the game through my Premier sub, my friends are on the fence and while they like the game, the issues in the demo can be somewhat off putting.
    Especially when the answer to their issues is usually, "It's fixed in the launch version."

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    With how many fixes/improvements are apparently in the launch version, I wouldn't doubt it.

I'll see on the 15th.
    Apparently there are some fixes that won't make it for the 15th. Something about the fixes were made to late and not hitting the deadline for the day 1 patch.
    Unsure what things won't make it on the day 1 patch but most if not everything they've mentioned will be in the game by the 22nd.

If you're on the fence of buying the game or not I'd say, as the the one above me, to purchase the Origin Bacis sub and try the game for the 10h it provides. It's dirt cheap and will most likely give you a better picture of the game than any review.

I would think cosmetics would be the one type of item that people are ok with for micro-transactions.
    If fairly priced then yes.

Not like Fallout 76 which charges £12 in atoms for a bloody sign.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't have an actual value attached to it yet, tbh.

People made the assumption 2k shards = $20, and it just spread like wild fire.

If we run with the same idea and make assumptions through the demo or a screenshot. . .
    A full cosmetic set is like 100 coin.
    I've earned close to 200 coin in the demo with about 14 hours.

I'll see on the 15th.
    Oh I agree. People are taking these prices as final and imo they shouldn't be.

It's very rare I give either of these 2 companies the benefit of the doubt but I will do so. If they are still £15/$20 or w/e then well....

Tried the demo. Didn't hate the gameplay, but was not pleased with multiple loading screens on the first mission, nor was I pleased with the bad FPS despite having everything set on low (and no, I don't have a potato). Hopefully both these issues are fixed for release, or this goes in my no buys category.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody complains about WoW
    Quoted for lulz of the day.

Nobody complains about WoW, a game with a monthly subscription, 60 dollar expansions, and an in-game shop. It all depends what company you are biased against if you complain or not.
    Lmao what, I can't think of a single person who plays wow who doesn't complain.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Lmao what, I can't think of a single person who plays wow who doesn't complain.
    I mean, I play wow and don't complain about THAT in particular, cosmetics and things like boosts really don't bother me and a lot of people I know, it's pay to win shit that needs to diaf, but Anthem isn't getting any of that.... yet.

As far as cosmetics are concerned I have no real problem with reasonable prices (what that is is of course a matter of taste), unless they make heavy use of time-limited stuff that costs more than you can earn in-game in the frame that the item is up. While it is true that you can save up currency in expectation of future purchases, releasing this kind of "offers" on an aggressive schedule pretty much means that a lot of people will have to use cash if they want the item at all.

I don't know, I played the demo and didn't have any real problems. At worst a couple of mobs rubberbanded, but nothing game-breaking. There were a few basic changes and options I'd like to see in the UI, but nothing that going to stop enjoyment of the game.

As for the cosmetics issue...I guess? For me Anthem is all about the gameplay and loot collection. I was never going to pay real money for skins anyway, so personally it's a non-issue. But I can understand why others would be up in arms about it, especially if $20 is a real a price for....literally anything. At most no single cosmetic item should be higher than $5. $20 should be a bundle that includes a plethora of different items that end up being better value than the individual things included.

Other than that, the game needs some kind of non-voice communication option, even if it's just a callout wheel with options like "Kill that turret" or "Kill that elite" with markers for what you're currently aiming at. Balancing the game around the assumption that people are going to be friends with perfectly working headsets, and not 4 randoms, only two of which actually speak english, is going to be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Other than that, the game needs some kind of non-voice communication option, even if it's just a callout wheel with options like "Kill that turret" or "Kill that elite" with markers for what you're currently aiming at. Balancing the game around the assumption that people are going to be friends with perfectly working headsets, and not 4 randoms, only two of which actually speak english, is going to be a disaster.
    They mentioned considering that, the call outs.

At the moment, they just want to avoid actual chat because of the goofy law requiring Text to Speech for Accessibility.

They mentioned considering that, the call outs.

At the moment, they just want to avoid actual chat because of the goofy law requiring Text to Speech for Accessibility.
    Sounds like a cop out to me. The PC version should at least have a chat window and interface for typing. Too bad the game is made for consoles then ported. Don't get me wrong here, I think the game looks and plays amazing. I'm just getting REAL tired of losing basic functionality because games have to be dumbed down for consoles and their crippled controller-only interface.

Sounds like a cop out to me. The PC version should at least have a chat window and interface for typing. Too bad the game is made for consoles then ported. Don't get me wrong here, I think the game looks and plays amazing. I'm just getting REAL tired of losing basic functionality because games have to be dumbed down for consoles and their crippled controller-only interface.
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/07/24/ant...xt-chat-on-pc/

No, it's apparently a legit thing. Gaming has just had a waiver that ended in 2018, so we'll see if this impacts other games or not pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/07/24/ant...xt-chat-on-pc/

No, it's apparently a legit thing. Gaming has just had a waiver that ended in 2018, so we'll see if this impacts other games or not pretty soon.
    I didn't say it wasn't a legit law. I said it was a cop out. This is a basic thing games has had for awhile now, but because the game is made for consoles they got away with skimping. That's what I was referring to. This should have been a basic thing that was included in the game from the beginning, and is not a good sign that they chose to try and do without.

I didn't say it wasn't a legit law. I said it was a cop out. This is a basic thing games has had for awhile now, but because the game is made for consoles they got away with skimping. That's what I was referring to. This should have been a basic thing that was included in the game from the beginning, and is not a good sign that they chose to try and do without.
    I don't know if it's because of the EU. But man these new laws are killing us all. We have to have TTS on every single line of text on our website and have to sign language interpreter in any clips that stays on the web for longer than 2 weeks. It's fucked!

But despite that, It's gonna be really weird if they dont have text chat in the future. It's a must for a social game, not everyone is comfortable with talking let alone have the ability.

Costs too much for something that will never be used (TTS is what the law is looking for, and blind people USUALLY don't play videogames, specially action shooters).