Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Warframe's endgame is literally ironically nicknamed Fashionframe in the absence of actual endgame*

I agree with everyone that cosmetics are important. But if Bioware has to make money to sustain the game, it has a few choices, some are more acceptable than others.
    It depends on how much content they will deliver. If you look at destiny 2, they, too, sell cosmetics in a full price game and don't really deliver much content outside of the DLCs. So i don't see the need to "sustain the game".

I dont know which company is responsible for the Online in Anthem.

If its EA i would be really surprised if the online doesnt work properly.
    Ive played several Hours of Star Wars Battlefront II and the online is very good. (is good now, no idea at release)

If its Bioware...i have no idea whats the history of Bioware when it comes to Online games.

But definitely Anthem is not a good day 1 purchase. People need to wait and see if:
    1) Game runs good on their computer
    2) Online is good

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It depends on how much content they will deliver. If you look at destiny 2, they, too, sell cosmetics in a full price game and don't really deliver much content outside of the DLCs. So i don't see the need to "sustain the game".
    That's part of the difference though, the DLC for Destiny is paid for, but it's supposed to be free in Anthem. To continue to create more content for the game, along with upkeep on the dedicated servers, they need to have something of a revenue stream.

Cosmetics:
    - The "everything is earnable in-game" and "prices/conversion are only speculation" have been stated to death. Anyone not willing to consider those factors are remaining intentionally ignorant or have an agenda.
    - Haven't really seen anyone mention the fact that base customization is 6 pattern slots with 15-18 material types with full color/metal customization, all free right off the bat. You can heavily customize the shader loadout (the equivalent of getting entire destiny 2 shader library for free) and make yourself distinct without having to "grind" or "pay" for anything. And we dont know if there's going to be "drops" or "rewards" of different item styles either.

Endgame:
    - We know DLC is claimed will be free, but correct me if i'm wrong but we dont know if "expansions" will exist outside of "dlc" and will be paid or not. Either way Devs have already said they wanted to start with 3 quality instances, and that more are planned. If ME3/MEA mp template is any indication, they could roll out a new one each month or two, with events sprinkled in between. I'll say i have same content concerns but am unwilling to pass judgement until we know A) exactly how long main story is [i'm expecting 20-30h] B) how deep freeroam is [i dont have much faith here] C) how entertaining/longevity the initial instances are [i expect average] D) how fast and in what way they put out more stuff [i'm hopeful but who knows...]

QoL:
    - As some others have pointed out but may have been lost in the text, devs have already said you'll be able to move quicker ("sprint" i think) in the city at release.
    - Some people mentioning loading screens... I dont even have my SSD that i ordered yet, and the loading screens were all under a few seconds except for loading into the main world which was about 8-10 seconds. None of that is unreasonable for this graphic-heavy game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You can fast travel in skyrim too, doesn't mean that huge amounts of time aren't spent traveling around, it's still extending playtime artificially.
    =>
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka
    Seems to me you just don't like the idea of open world and then try to claim it's some sort of objective reality, while it's only your tastes.

Obviously an open world game will have quite a lot of travelling. That's the entire point, having a whole world instead of a corridor.
    Saying "traveling around in an open world is artificially extending playtime" is basically saying "this FPS is crap, you spend too much time aiming and shooting at targets".

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    =>

Saying "traveling around in an open world is artificially extending playtime" is basically saying "this FPS is crap, you spend too much time aiming and shooting at targets".
    Aiming and shooting at targets is part of action gameplay. Traveling in open world is literally the devs sitting there like, "how far is too far between point A and B, we need it far enough to make it SEEM like our game has 50 hours of gameplay, but not so far people get annoyed", it's arbitrary.

Aiming and shooting at targets is part of action gameplay. Traveling in open world is literally the devs sitting there like, "how far is too far between point A and B, we need it far enough to make it SEEM like our game has 50 hours of gameplay, but not so far people get annoyed", it's arbitrary.
    Maybe open world games just aren't for you.

It's okay, I don't like them that much either.

But there are random things you can find during traversal? It's going to be apart of every RPG in some form or another. There's a disconnect if everything is fast travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Maybe open world games just aren't for you.

It's okay, I don't like them that much either.
    Right, I don't, but it is artificially inflating play time. Can you really say that a game has 50 hours of play time if 10-20 is spent walking from a to b?

Even people who love the witcher and rdr2 and the like admit there is a lot of walking, fetch quests and time wasters

I know earlier I said metacritic and perception were key for me, but I want to kinda change my mind a little bit on this.

When it launches, my eyes will go to the single player campaign. Will is be at least as good as Mass Effect?

If there is an amazing 10+ hour single player campaign in this game, it doesn't need multiplayer for me, I will buy it day 1. If single player is an afterthought, tacked on, or in any way not up to par, then I dislike those types of games and will avoid. It will also be a very sad day for me, since I am a fan of Mass Effect. I hope this isn't Bioware's 76.

If a company wants me to buy into their multiplayer, they now have to buy me off with a good single player campaign. I'm no longer interested in losing the heart of a game, so that I can be sold the repeatable part which I don't really care for much anyway.

I'd like to see more devs going the Sekiro/RE2 direction as opposed to the Fallout 76 direction.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-02-04 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Also, I'll post whatever the fuck I want, thanks.
    Nice of you to admit not contributing anything to an ongoing discussion in a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I know earlier I said metacritic and perception were key for me, but I want to kinda change my mind a little bit on this.

When it launches, my eyes will go to the single player campaign. Will is be at least as good as Mass Effect?

If there is an amazing 10+ hour single player campaign in this game, it doesn't need multiplayer for me, I will buy it day 1. If single player is an afterthought, tacked on, or in any way not up to par, then I dislike those types of games and will avoid. It will also be a very sad day for me, since I am a fan of Mass Effect. I hope this isn't Bioware's 76.
    Are you for real? 10 hours of decent single player is worthy of your triple A valued cash?
    Is the gaming industry so dull nowdays that thats what it takes?
    This are dreadful times,maybe try to remember about some good times in the past in which we actually got value for our 60 dollars and a triple a games were worthy of the title they got, if dogshit games like destiny 2 and co are the new standart for 60$ pricing then Witcher, divinity original sin and all those games with a "soul" are worth 200$+

FML :<

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Are you for real? 10 hours of decent single player is worthy of your triple A valued cash?
    Is the gaming industry so dull nowdays that thats what it takes?
    This are dreadful times,maybe try to remember about some good times in the past in which we actually got value for our 60 dollars and a triple a games was worthy of the title, if dogshit games like destiny 2 and co are the new standart for 60$ pricing then Witcher, divinity original sin and all those games with a "soul" are worth 200$+

FML :<
    Yes, a solid 10 hours of quality single player content is worth 60 bucks to me. Multiplayer content to me, is worth very little.

Old games, like Metal Gear Solid, SotN, the Resident Evil series, and Devil May Cry were relatively short, but amazing games, imo. With the re-release of Resident Evil 2 I have remembered that short single player games can be far better than campaign free multiplayer microtransaction games.

I also believe that a ton of modern games are filled with bloat just because of the perception that games cannot only be 10 hour long. For example, the excellent Horizon Zero Dawn was a great game, but if it was much shorter but cut out some of the bloat I would have liked it better.

So, yes, I don't need a game to be at the level of the Witcher 3 to be worth my 60 dollars. I also do not need multiplayer in every game. Quality content, even just 10 hours of it(that can be replayed) is far more valuable to me than mediocre content. I value mediocre content at nothing, and consider it wasting my time. Good content is valuable, and every game doesn't have to be 60 hours+ imho.

Everyone has their own opinion though, but I don't think game length and game quality are related. FWIW I agree that Wither 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2 are some of the best games out this gen. I also think that artificially extending your game by adding fetch quests or other bloat, reduces and not increases the quality of your game. Another example page length in a book or run time in film are not factors which I consider to improve a movie or book(but they may make it worse, if the film or book runs too long).
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-02-04 at 05:22 PM.

Tried the demo over the weekend on my PS4 PRO. It was 'alright' I suppose... though I often disconnected while in town. That being said, my online gaming experience on consoles has always been rubbish...

One of my pet peeves was the excessive amounts of loading screens, why is there a LOADING screen to equip stuff?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not impressed with the game. It didn't suck though. I had some fun. I think Ill have way more fun with friends.

Loading screens took me back to the late 90s though. #AccidentalNostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    One of my pet peeves was the excessive amounts of loading screens, why is there a LOADING screen to equip stuff?!
    Yeah, this is insane to me. Part of me gets it for changing frames or whatever they're called in this game, but that should be unhooked from something as simple as altering your loadout.

There are a handful of design decisions like this one throughout the demo that struck me as...very odd, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yes, a solid 10 hours of quality single player content is worth 60 bucks to me. Multiplayer content to me, is worth very little.

Old games, like Metal Gear Solid, the Resident Evil series, and Devil May Cry were relatively short, but amazing games, imo. With the re-release of Resident Evil 2 I have remembered that short single player games can be far better than campaign free multiplayer microtransaction games.

I also believe that a ton of modern games are filled with bloat just because of the perception that games cannot only be 10 hour long. For example, the excellent Horizon Zero Dawn was a great game, but if it was much shorter but cut out some of the bloat I would have liked it better.

So, yes, I don't need a game to be at the level of the Witcher 3 to be worth my 60 dollars. I also do not need multiplayer in every game. Quality content, even just 10 hours of it(that can be replayed) is far more valuable to me than mediocre content. I value mediocre content at nothing, and consider it wasting my time. Good content is valuable, and every game doesn't have to be 60 hours+ imho.

Everyone has their own opinion though, but I don't think game length and game quality are related. FWIW I agree that Wither 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2 are some of the best games out this gen. I also think that artificially extending your game by adding fetch quests or other bloat, reduces and not increases the quality of your game.
    I actually totally get what you'r saying, I agree that some games should be just Single player especially considering some titles invest cash to develop some form of a multiplayer just because Its a trend that almost every game must have a multi option.
    Its just that I think It reflect very badly that we became so desperate to something decent enough that we compensate on 10hours of GOOD gameplay just because current state of games being released Is so trashy... there are too many examples in the last couple of years and the fact that some company's incorporate micro transactions Into everything including SINGLEPLAYER games just baffles me.

to the point of anthem, i actually believe that Its alot more multiplayer oriented then singleplayer hence I would put my hopes Into end game content being good instead of counting on the story part to be good, but at the same time they can both be bad , Im just hoping the multiplayer part Is decent enough to invest my time Into.
    P.s MMO-C needs a like button on a comment that would have saved me some time replying to you

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, this is insane to me. Part of me gets it for changing frames or whatever they're called in this game, but that should be unhooked from something as simple as altering your loadout.

There are a handful of design decisions like this one throughout the demo that struck me as...very odd, to say the least.
    Yeah... some of those really should be cut out. I'd imagine the loading screen on the forge has something to do with the appearance tab, so hopefully they can decouple that from the loadout.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    I actually totally get what you'r saying, I agree that some games should be just Single player especially considering some titles invest cash to develop some form of a multiplayer just because Its a trend that almost every game must have a multi option.
    Its just that I think It reflect very badly that we became so desperate to something decent enough that we compensate on 10hours of GOOD gameplay just because current state of games being released Is so trashy... there are too many examples in the last couple of years and the fact that some company's incorporate micro transactions Into everything including SINGLEPLAYER games just baffles me.

to the point of anthem, i actually believe that Its alot more multiplayer oriented then singleplayer hence I would put my hopes Into end game content being good instead of counting on the story part to be good, but at the same time they can both be bad , Im just hoping the multiplayer part Is decent enough to invest my time Into.
    P.s MMO-C needs a like button on a comment that would have saved me some time replying to you
    Haha, I agree that it would be nice to be able to expect even more from developers, but it seems that the industry is getting worse instead of better when it comes to a lot of games and single player content, so yes, I'll even take 10 hours of quality content if they are good and be happy. I don't dislike multiplayer, but I have come full circle back to valuing single player as a key part of most games. Multiplayer has become full of shady business practices to go along with the boring repetition which I have always disliked in most multiplayer games(with a few exceptions) so I would prefer to support companies who do not just tack their single player on, but who embrace it as an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Yeah... some of those really should be cut out. I'd imagine the loading screen on the forge has something to do with the appearance tab, so hopefully they can decouple that from the loadout.
    I wondered the same myself but also think it might be becauae of switching between javelins or even a mixture of both. It's possible some of these loadinf screens could be just part of the demo as well. Guess we will know for sure soon enough.