Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    As it should be, Hollow Knight is too amazing and powerful for one thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway still heavily debating picking this up with my friends...been wanting a good co-op rpg like game and Looter shooters are really the only thing close to that right now unless I go buy GW1.
    I wouldn't unless your friends are sure about it personally.

Right now the game is just bleh at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Considering you haven't played anymore "long term" than the rest of us, I'm certain you can't say for sure. The game's only been out 9 days for those with Early Access. Give us a break. Which also means you just confirmed that's just misinformation, at best speculation.
    It's not hard to make coin outside of the main quests.
    Killing 50 Titans rewards 1600 coins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So, the nerfed loot is apparently intended...
    Nice.
    Borderlands: Guns, guns, guns!
    Anthem: Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    So, what's everyone's favorite NPC?

So far I find Matthias to be my favorite. No spoilers, but he's the best.
    I'd say Tassyn, but Brin is up there too for me.

Seems the game is already starting to be discounted in some places...

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Hmmm you realize theres plently of free to play games that release in better conditition then Anthem, sure theres worse out there. Its not saying much to help Anthem that you can find free to play game releasing worse then it lol? It took 6 years to make, its full priced. This is a hack job period. Almost everything outside of the free play map is ultra low effort. The hub is low effort, enemies are beyond low effort. Even the MTX are low effort, which i guess is a good point lol.
    I do find it amusing when F2P games release in a better state than AAA games.

It is a hack job though as you said. It's not worth £60. It's worth £30 at most. And I imagine it'll get huge price cuts down the road.

Lol it's already down to £40 on Amazon for PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    and anthem looks similar to it's trailer...so i don't understand what people are bitching about with that...
    It doesn't even look remotely close or good as the E3 trailer which they CLAIMED was actual ingame footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post

Welp. At least 76 and BF5 took a week before the price started getting lowered.

But I am fully willing to say Origin probably murdered the box sales on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I do find it amusing when F2P games release in a better state than AAA games.

It is a hack job though as you said. It's not worth £60. It's worth £30 at most. And I imagine it'll get huge price cuts down the road.

Lol it's already down to £40 on Amazon for PS4.
    Free 2 play games are typically very simple. Look at Apex, extremely simple game. Has 1 map with average to bad graphics and re-used models from Titanfall. Game was a mess the first days but few will acknowledge this, servers were offline every now and then, constant DCs after finishing games. Some servers were so laggy that it felt like you were running in slowmotion.

The game still has a lot of issues and bugs but it gets a pass because its F2P. And then you have people on Reddit saying it had a "perfect launch", jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Free 2 play games are typically very simple. Look at Apex, extremely simple game. Has 1 map with average to bad graphics and re-used models from Titanfall. Game was a mess the first days but few will acknowledge this, servers were offline every now and then, constant DCs after finishing games. Some servers were so laggy that it felt you were running in slowmotion.

The game still has a lot of issues and bugs but it gets a pass because its F2P. And then you have people on Reddit saying it had a "perfect launch", jokes.
    And? Most games servers are a mess on day 1. That's common. WoW, FF14, ESO you name it. State doesn't just refer to servers. It refers to overall quality of said game. A huge game always has it's servers slammed on launch day. I can't think of a game that no matter how hard it prepared didn't to be honest.

Server issues are really not one of Anthems issues. It's that it's a mediocre Destiny/Warframe wannabe with a crap story, forgettable characters, Iron Man wannabe suits and just no actual depth to it. Oh and of course the devs flat out lying and saying the E3 footage was basically a representation of the ingame graphics because it sure as hell ain't even close to a representation.

The game has so many issues that it shouldn't have. And no people shouldn't wait for them to be fixed. They should have just made a good game out the door.

Welp the usual suspects already found a home (thread) to constantly bash on a game, gotta love it.

Oh look a Heelvsbabyface video! Ahaha just perfect the cycle of life continues

I think i will buy the game just to see how it is i have to see it for myself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#88fa21c63a51

This is the kind of discussion I wish was actually happening... this is an objectively good article with real issues that need to be addressed instead of the asinine things people keep bringing up like the tombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    That store regularly offers new releases discounted to 44 euros with a trade in and you can get an additional 5 off for preordering hence the 39 promotion.

Also please stop watching heelsvsbabyface videos his vids are literally garbage. I can understand how people end up watching Joe or Jim videos still, but heels vids are just complete dogshit.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Hoiii… are you hatin on mah dark cabal of malicious internet hating trolls?

I’m warning you, if you don’t behave, I’ll find what’s your favorite game and say some pretty mean words about it, you won’t be able to enjoy it ever again.
    Man remember when we were all in the Bless Online thread and got called out for hating?

Wonder how that game is doing these days.... The one that failed 3 times and had a mobile port that looks better than it's pc one.

But anyway back to the point.

It does seem we have a fair few in this thread who seem to think Anthem is the greatest thing and any criticism is "bashing". Seen it a lot in other sub forums/threads so eh you get used to it by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Welp the usual suspects already found a home (thread) to constantly bash on a game, gotta love it.

Oh look a Heelvsbabyface video! Ahaha just perfect the cycle of life continues

I think i will buy the game just to see how it is i have to see it for myself.
    Defending a game you havent played while bitching about people complaining after we have played it is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    But I am fully willing to say Origin probably murdered the box sales on this.
    Yeah I'm really curious what the plan is for this. EA seems to regularly shoot themselves in the foot whether it be launching directly competing games both under their own brand at the same time or doing this whole thing with the subscription where people can basically try the game out for a fraction of the cost which would cut into any games revenue even if it were a phenomenal game just because so many people are still not going to like it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with hating on a product or corporation you dislike. After all, this is the Internet, if harsh criticism of a product is creating so much distress, you should probably just ignore the people responsible, it's one click away.

And no, one cannot dictate what another does with their free time. Somebody could pick on Anthem or WoW and bash them for sport basically, the devs made it that easy. People like Az are making a living out of this, simply because the devs/publishers are doing such a bad job that he almost always has material to work with.

His channel didn't start like this. It was far more positive. When games are great, they'll get proportionate good coverage.

Like Witcher for example. Which I still criticized for the obvious downgrade back then. But the game was at least enjoyable.
    Now im talking to Vlad the impaler (aka Dracula)...godamit. (just kidding)

It was just a mini-stab to users who find home in threads (post there everyday) just to bash on it.
    There is paid shills...and then there is paid haters...it seems

Sorry if i came out as a bit of an asshole.
    I was not discarding constructive criticism. But sometimes i want to read some solid criticism and is hard to in the middle of all bash posts.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

This is the kind of discussion I wish was actually happening... this is an objectively good article with real issues that need to be addressed instead of the asinine things people keep bringing up like the tombs.

That store regularly offers new releases discounted to 44 euros with a trade in and you can get an additional 5 off for preordering hence the 39 promotion.

Also please stop watching heelsvsbabyface videos his vids are literally garbage. I can understand how people end up watching Joe or Jim videos still, but heels vids are just complete dogshit.
    Just watched his video on Arenanet layoffs
    My lord he is such an idiot.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

@Baconeggcheese

Are you Portuguese!?!?! nah, cant be true.
    Yes, Media Market here has sales on new games all the time.

Man remember when we were all in the Bless Online thread and got called out for hating?

Wonder how that game is doing these days.... The one that failed 3 times and had a mobile port that looks better than it's pc one.

It does seem we have a fair few in this thread who seem to think Anthem is the greatest thing and any criticism is "bashing". Seen it a lot in other sub forums/threads so eh you get used to it by now.
    I'm treating it as a Diablo fix since Lost Ark isn't in the West yet, and Diablo 4 is a long time away.
    Simultaneously functions as a good break from Warframe.

It isn't perfect, but the Devs seem to be pretty responsive to constructive criticism on Reddit.

Think my only complaint today is the loot change.
    Ideally they revert it, as this game should be -more- like Diablo since that is what the loot system and difficulty options are most easily paralleled with. (Not Destiny/Warframe)

As for the white knights and the outrage side.
    That happens everywhere.

All the clickbait bashing before Anthem even released, led to white knights cropping up.
    People freaked out about MTX before a model was even released, every bit of outrage centered around a screenshot with zero context.
    And then you had people bashing the people freaking out, white knighting without much info either.

What happened when the game released?
    Oh, MTX are fine. In fact, they're pretty reasonable. And they can't buy -everything- cosmetic wise, some stuff has to be legitimately earned through challenges or Coin you earn.
    So the outrage moves on to other aspects. They find an issue and exaggerate it. Then the White Knights, having been "right" about MTX decide to move to other aspects to defend as well.

There's a middle ground of people discussing the game, but this forum thread is somewhat lacking in that.
    Reddit's discussions are pretty good though. Couple dirty spots with meme threads, but eh. Can't stop it all.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-02-24 at 11:41 PM.

I was going to link Yong Yea's Anthem review but I feared for my safety

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Man, I've been coming around to Paul Tassi for a while now. Used to hate his articles but he's leveled out a bit or something because he's making a lot more sense now and is far more reasonable.

These 5 issues he raises are...damn, not good. Some of them are definitely fixable, but others speak to bigger design issues that can't be easily fixed and seem like they're a result of the team just not like...playing games in the genre. It's like they watched a whole lot of Warframe, Destiny, Division etc. gameplay videos without playing any of them and said, "We can do that better!"

Like...why on earth wouldn't they spawn you at/near other players in freeplay? Each point he brings up is painfully pants on head stupid and confusing as to why BW would decide to do this.