Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    are you suggesting want a Legendary Nerf now?
    I'm saying that whatever change they made to the Legendary drop-rate, melee and ultimates (at least for the Interceptor) have received a massive buff.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not interested in Legendary's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Legendary is out of your scope?
    Are there even enough legendaries in this game to be "full legendary"?
    The thing about Legendaries is they are basically just higher-level Masterwork items. It's the MWs that have the special effects added on that actually change gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeesh, it looks like nothing BioWare is doing is really making the vocal community happy. Granted the vocal community is notorious for being unhappy in any game, but BW had some cache built-in with them and there seemed to be a bit more optimism/openness early on from them
    I think the thing is the game has more issues than can be realistically fixed in this time frame and the devs have said as much. They said that the fixes going in right now are bandaids to address major pain points, not long term fixes. Since they don't fully address the heart of the issues, and the issues are many, that means every time they address one thing the community moves onto the next or doubles down on the thing that wasn't fully fixed.

Mind you people were riling up this level of vitriol well before the game even had the demo or anyone had touched it... so eh.

And I think the lack of max level content at launch is hurting them far, far more than they even imagined. Without proper turning for difficulty/rewards for higher difficulties (which sounds like it still needs some work) the overall lack of content is more obvious and leave folks focusing more on other issues rather than being overwhelmed by so much to do. And IMO a big part of that is designing the game so that players need to frequently return to the city, but that's a design choice with how they wanted gameplay to flow/be paced.
    I honestly think the more limited content isn't much of an issue vs reward structure an itemization.

Like I keep bringing up, Warframe has no end game at all and 99% of the game play is 1 tapping enemies while moving as fast as possible. PoE is honestly not that far off for what you spend the majority of your time doing, you just run around mass milling mobs trying to find that item to round out your build. People will spend all day on the same maps 1 tapping the same mobs in the most uninteresting and repetitive of ways, but they have the potential for upgrades to come out of it. Which is where Anthem is hurting themselves the most, their loot progression system and the inscriptions are designed in a way to rapidly limit the amount of usable gear.

I'm writing up this whole big feedback post on reddit bout this right now.. cause ugh.. its a problem and all these people screamy bloody murder about the overall drop rate are missing the actual issue. They could quadruple the drop rates and all it'd do is flood us with a ton of worthless purples and further highlight how slow / crappy it is to scrap gear right now and how limited storage space is. It wouldn't address any of the real issues with gear, which is what people would almost immediately move on to.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I think the thing is the game has more issues than can be realistically fixed in this time frame and the devs have said as much. They said that the fixes going in right now are bandaids to address major pain points, not long term fixes. Since they don't fully address the heart of the issues, and the issues are many, that means every time they address one thing the community moves onto the next or doubles down on the thing that wasn't fully fixed.

Mind you people were riling up this level of vitriol well before the game even had the demo or anyone had touched it... so eh.

I honestly think the more limited content isn't much of an issue vs reward structure an itemization.

Like I keep bringing up, Warframe has no end game at all and 99% of the game play is 1 tapping enemies while moving as fast as possible. PoE is honestly not that far off for what you spend the majority of your time doing, you just run around mass milling mobs trying to find that item to round out your build. People will spend all day on the same maps 1 tapping the same mobs in the most uninteresting and repetitive of ways, but they have the potential for upgrades to come out of it. Which is where Anthem is hurting themselves the most, their loot progression system and the inscriptions are designed in a way to rapidly limit the amount of usable gear.

I'm writing up this whole big feedback post on reddit bout this right now.. cause ugh.. its a problem and all these people screamy bloody murder about the overall drop rate are missing the actual issue. They could quadruple the drop rates and all it'd do is flood us with a ton of worthless purples and further highlight how slow / crappy it is to scrap gear right now and how limited storage space is. It wouldn't address any of the real issues with gear, which is what people would almost immediately move on to.
    You can try reddit.com/r/LowSodiumAnthem
    Much less salt.

Origin Premiere Subs are not a sale or loss of sale for Anthem.

They don't seem like they know what they're doing and or still purposefully lowering Drop Rates on Masterwork while they "updated" the loot to not roll common and uncommon they lowered the Chances or as they put it "fixed the bug" of Masterwork and Legendaries dropping "too" much lmao.

Chad Robertson said it may take "Months" to fix loot drop rates. Still no Stat Sheet, still piss poor to confusing explanation of some Stats, Also Why do two different Components still Have the Same Picture? LOL it's been nice Anthem bye for good.

You're not the only one with that problem.
    LMAO! Nice of you to edit your post saying you were done with Anthem since I asked if that meant you were done posting garbage on this thread. Guess I should have quoted you huh? But if that editing isn't just more proof you are here to argue with people for kicks and to post useless junk, I don't know what is....heh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    *sigh

Tell me, what previous looter game that you’ve played have you gotten “all loot”?

Such a weird way to try to twist it.
    I got every item you could get from both Destiny 1 and 2 until I stopped playing D2....you're point?

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post

I got every item you could get from both Destiny 1 and 2 until I stopped playing D2....you're point?
    your* point?.

You're is "You are" You are point? Makes no sense.

"Your" is belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing. Ie "what is your point"

On top of this Loot fiasco we still have tyrants nest missing,

we still have Scar Nest bugging out and dropping us in with no progression, FORU times in the last 4 minutes I qued Scar Nest only to be bugged into it and cannot do anything.

we still have bugged Quickplay,

while the MW items do have better stats and availability I have only 3 Legendaries after farming GM2 Strongholds for the past 2 weeks and doing the Purple Contracts EVERYDAY on GM2.

Contracts do not give coins, Strongholds do not give coins only way to get coins is contracts that only offer them for 3 missions a day, ....... cannot sell weapons for coins, cannot sell materials that we have ASSTONS of for coins, cannot buy ANYTHING wroth buying in the game.

the damage buff was nice for weapons and abilities but it just does not seem to be enough. 6 YEARS of development, and we have a broken beta with bugs out the ass, no real game play after the first week or getting to 30 outside of contracts and strongholds. Yea there is the challenges but they are soo vast for such little rewards. This game was not in a ready state on release and I really have to wonder what they did in the six years of development to have so little to show for it.

I said it before but this game is noting but SWTOR 2.0 in terms of performance and time developed. This is really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I never really played Destiny, therefore can’t comment much on its loot system,
    I played destiny 2 closer to launch, loot had fixed stats so once you got something the only thing that could differ was whatever ILVL it was. The loot progression also quickly ended up where you needed to get power engrams which were rewarded from limited weekly sources. So you could pretty much bang everything out that would progress your character in a few hours on reset day and then have no reason to touch the game for the rest of the week.

They've changed a bunch of things about the loot since then to my understanding since the previous system was awful.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Update on unintended patch changes -
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...om_103_update/
    Hey Freelancers,

To start, I don't have any answers on loot yet. The team is discussing and are looking at player feedback and game telemetry. I'll share more on that as soon as I have an update.

For this post, I want to address the patch notes and missed items. It was not our intent to leave things out, but during the work of getting the update out the door some things were missed. The community posts pointing out the things that were missing allowed me to go back to the team and verify what was missing or what might be a bug, so thank you for that everyone!

If you have anything else that you think is missing from the notes that I didn’t address in this post please let me know in the comments so that I can check with the team and get it added.

Masterwork Universal Components added in 1.0.3 – drop from GM1+
    • Symbiotic Surge – Increases javelin armor by a large amount. Increases all damage for a short duration when picking up a repair pack.
    • Softened Blows – Increases javelin shields by a large amount. Increases damage resistance for a short duration when shields run out.
    • Thermal Cooling – Increases the javelin's heat capacity to allow the javelin to fly more effectively. Reduces time you stay overheated significantly.
    • Rejuvenating Ammo – Increases reserve ammo for all equipped guns. Replenishes armor by a small amount when picking up an ammo pack.
    • Emergency Power – An inscribed component that augments javelin Ultimate gear and increases damage. Ultimate meter refills instantly when armor is critically damaged.

Masterwork Embers from harvesting nodes – I checked with the team and this was indeed bugged. The team is working on getting a fix in tomorrow (March 12th). This will be a hotfix and won’t require any patch to download.

Other changes:

Colors now apply to launchers for the Ranger and Colossus javelins in the Forge.
    Current values for daily, weekly and monthly challenges are intended. The values were different last month since Anthem launched on February 22nd and the team wanted players to be able to still be able to obtain the rewards that month.

The following items have values that were not intended and will be changed back in and upcoming patch. If you see any other items with decreased values it's likely a bug since there were no nerfs in this update.

• Special Arms damage component changed from 30% to 15%. (BUG)
    • Epic Special Arms Ammo Universal component changed from 30% to 15%. (BUG)
    • Truth of Tarsis crit multiplier changing. (BUG)
    • Winter’s Wrath (Ice Storm) ability damage is incorrect. (BUG)
    • Chaotic Rime (Ice Shards) damage is incorrect. (BUG)
    • Amulet of Winter damage reduced from 40% to 20%. (BUG)
    • Winter’s Wrath recharge was increased to 5 from 4. (BUG)

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to enjoy the gameplay though
    Looting is gameplay in looter shooter. You shoot, you loot, you equip, you shoot more. Can you imagine what a shitty game anthem or borderlands if you remove looting? If loot is not enjoyable, it means that main gameplay loop of looter shooter is borked

- - - Updated - - -

This is my theory:
    What happens when you get ALL loot fromt he game? (if ALL your enjoyment comes from the loot)
    You stop playing

What happens when you get all loot BUT you love the gameplay?
    You keep playing

Playing just for the loot is flawed design IMO.
    It really sounds like you are new to this genre, you do realize that you aren't supposed to get "all loot from the game"? It's shouldn't be something achievable in the long run, it's not digital card game where you are supposed to obtain all the cards (even then, you have foil/shiny/gold versions of them to keep you rolling). So yeah, if in case that looter shooter is THAT shitty that you are able to obtain EVERYTHING the game gives you - you basically CONSUMED THE GAME and it's ended. You can remove your progress and start again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    your* point?.

You're is "You are" You are point? Makes no sense.

"Your" is belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing. Ie "what is your point"
    I stand corrected. You're correct; it was a small typographical error. Now if you could correct your own non-stop trolling through threads you'd be an even bigger winner....as it stands now, you're just a small weiner.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Update on unintended patch changes -
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...om_103_update/
    Man, their responses are good. Like, they nailed the tone IMO, comes across as apologetic and earnest, and that they're not talking down to the community.

The game has tons of issues, but it seems pretty clear they're busting ass trying to fox them stupid fast. Even if they're making some mistakes along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Looting is gameplay in looter shooter. You shoot, you loot, you equip, you shoot more. Can you imagine what a shitty game anthem or borderlands if you remove looting? If loot is not enjoyable, it means that main gameplay loop of looter shooter is borked

- - - Updated - - -

It really sounds like you are new to this genre, you do realize that you aren't supposed to get "all loot from the game"? It's shouldn't be something achievable in the long run, it's not digital card game where you are supposed to obtain all the cards (even then, you have foil/shiny/gold versions of them to keep you rolling). So yeah, if in case that looter shooter is THAT shitty that you are able to obtain EVERYTHING the game gives you - you basically CONSUMED THE GAME and it's ended. You can remove your progress and start again.
    I cant grasp that concept. Im sorry.
    So basically...
    You play the game...
    And whatever loot comes from the RNG Gods, is the loot you end the game with?

So basically everyone in the world is different? And only one thing is for sure,,,no one in the world is able to get "all loot"

What a miserable world man :S
    I admit i never experienced a game where you cant get all loot (unless you count WoW's titanforge, which is ridiculous)

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant grasp that concept. Im sorry.
    So basically...
    You play the game...
    And whatever loot comes from the RNG Gods, is the loot you end the game with?

So basically everyone in the world is different? And only one thing is for sure,,,no one in the world is able to get "all loot"

What a miserable world man :S
    I admit i never experienced a game where you cant get all loot (unless you count WoW's titanforge, which is ridiculous)
    Why you dismiss wow all of the sudden? Did you get all the loot in D1? D2? D3? PoE? Warframe? Destiny? Borderlands? Enter the Gungeon?
    You aren't supposed to get "all loot", and you end your game when you get bored out of it, since there is no endgoal, you make the endgoal yourself (say, get a certain set of items to complement playstyle you like, play for a week, get bored of it and quit). Problem with Anthem right now - there is nothing to look forward (is there any item that you would farm/trade for? You know, like, a specific piece that is not just an ilvl increase?), even thoughts like "well eventually something will drop" doesn't work, because eventually something will drop and you probably won't even be able to use it, and good drops are so rare that it's really hard to be motivated by this carrot of a mile long stick.

I say that a lot, but for whatever reason you seem like someone who is trying to enjoy a game genre that you clearly don't enjoy, it's just like with people who don't like MMORPG flocking to WoW because of works of PR department and marketing and devs change the game to please everyone, instead of sticking to genre.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-03-12 at 04:22 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Why you dismiss wow all of the sudden? Did you get all the loot in D1? D2? D3? PoE? Warframe? Destiny? Borderlands? Enter the Gungeon?
    You aren't supposed to get "all loot", and you end your game when you get bored out of it, since there is no endgoal, you make the endgoal yourself (say, get a certain set of items to complement playstyle you like, play for a week, get bored of it and quit). Problem with Anthem right now - there is nothing to look forward (is there any item that you would farm/trade for? You know, like, a specific piece that is not just an ilvl increase?), even thoughts like "well eventually something will drop" doesn't work, because eventually something will drop and you probably won't even be able to use it, and good drops are so rare that it's really hard to be motivated by this carrot of a mile long stick.

I say that a lot, but for whatever reason you seem like someone who is trying to enjoy a game genre that you clearly don't enjoy, it's just like with people who don't like MMORPG flocking to WoW because of works of PR department and marketing and devs change the game to please everyone, instead of sticking to genre.
    But you can only do "builds" with the loot you manage to get with the RNG Gods...
    If for example i want to make a "Full Luck Build"...and i dont get any Luck items...what am i going to do? Just accept the fact that i will never be able to be what i want?
    Thats why i think is masochist. Because you can never fulfill your dream build.
    Almost like an allegory to real life...really depressing.

Yes, i dont understand the genre. You figured that out already pretty much.
    I never played a game with this system.

But you can only do "builds" with the loot you manage to get with the RNG Gods...
    If for example i want to make a "Full Luck Build"...and i dont get any Luck items...what am i going to do? Just accept the fact that i will never be able to be what i want?

The idea with looters in general is you play with builds that you like or enjoy with the gear that DOES drop, all while working towards your ideal build. This way you get exposed to multiple build types and end up working with/ towards multiple builds. It's a never ending cycle due to RNG. You're right though in that if the game play itself is not fun enough to make people want to KEEP playing to try and get the loot, the loot itself won't matter that much, but for some people the game play doesn't have to be "good" just good enough.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, you make builds around gear you get, sometimes you get lucky and get OP item, sometimes you don't and you get stuck with... well, i can't even imagine anything right now.
    On the other hand, speaking of D3 at least, if you want to play a barbarian with earthquake set, you need to target that piece, right? How do you do that? By playing freaking barbarian. You won't get items that are useless to you, so yeah, there are also other players, so you can get involved in whatever community you like, do multiplayer runs, ask for leggos, you know, there are ways to get what you want. Not exactly what you want, but if you are ready to play a lot - eventually you'll get that piece you wanted, granted you do everything to improve your chances.

Problem with anthem right now is that it's like old Diablo, when you could get a wizard legendary with STR as main stat drop to your barbarian and you sit there and ask yourself "wtf do i do with this piece of shit?". And there is no trading afaik. There is no way to target items you want. And drops are quite rare for you to get bored out of the game, so instead of shooting and looting, you shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, think about DMC5 release a bit, shoot again, shoot again, remember that division 2 is released today, shoot some more, loot, get disappointed, buy division 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The idea with looters in general is you play with builds that you like or enjoy with the gear that DOES drop, all while working towards your ideal build. This way you get exposed to multiple build types and end up working with/ towards multiple builds. It's a never ending cycle due to RNG. You're right though in that if the game play itself is not fun enough to make people want to KEEP playing to try and get the loot, the loot itself won't matter that much, but for some people the game play doesn't have to be "good" just good enough.
    It doesn't matter how "fun" the game outside of loot - without getting rewards you are going to get bored out of it. Getting unrewarding reward isn't a reward. No matter how fun the shooting part is - eventually you'll get bored, you need some sort of gameplay change, and for that you have to make a proper loot system

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, their responses are good. Like, they nailed the tone IMO, comes across as apologetic and earnest, and that they're not talking down to the community.

The game has tons of issues, but it seems pretty clear they're busting ass trying to fox them stupid fast. Even if they're making some mistakes along the way.
    Going by the community response you'd think someone murdered their cat rather than had a few bugs in their latest patch...

Problem with anthem right now is that it's like old Diablo, when you could get a wizard legendary with STR as main stat drop to your barbarian and you sit there and ask yourself "wtf do i do with this piece of shit?". And there is no trading afaik. There is no way to target items you want. And drops are quite rare for you to get bored out of the game, so instead of shooting and looting, you shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, think about DMC5 release a bit, shoot again, shoot again, remember that division 2 is released today, shoot some more, loot, get disappointed, buy division 2.
    LOL yeah, i can relate to that i also stopped playing Anthem for a while because of DMC5.
    I intended to come back to Anthem...but i cant top thinking about DMC5 for pete's sake.
    I will eventually come back .
    Dont know when though, because that DMC5 game is taking over my brain

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The thing about Legendaries is they are basically just higher-level Masterwork items. It's the MWs that have the special effects added on that actually change gameplay.
    Legendaries huge Inscription boost can also change gameplay though (2x major +2x epic inscriptions).

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Mmhhh what ? What keeps people playing Warframe is actually the completionism it offers. There is literally nothing to gain in any mission except minor bullshit you may use one day or not.

What kind of "upgrades" do you get in Warframe once you're MR26/27 ? Endo ? Kuva ?

There is the crafting available to purchase the perfect inscription'ed builds. If you want to try a specific build, you don't actually need to be full Legendaries, a full MasterWork'ed build is way enough to efficiently do GM3 content.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Going by the community response you'd think someone murdered their cat rather than had a few bugs in their latest patch...
    Or maybe the community is fed up with AAA publishers releasing games in an early access state.