Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yup, I know people who do nothing but farm herbs 5-6 hours a day, you really going to call them a hardcore wow player?
    Yes actually thats a hardcore farmer. Someone playing dark soul 3 2 hours a week is a cusual. Guy that game with the limited time he has.for fun. someone playing video game as.much as he sleep or work at his job is hardcore for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I know people who do nothing but farm herbs 5-6 hours a day, you really going to call them a hardcore wow player?
    Assuming they work standard hours, I would not call a guy who spends this much of his free time as casual.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Yes actually thats a hardcore farmer. Someone playing dark soul 3 2 hours a week is a cusual. Guy that game with the limited time he has.for fun. someone playing video game as.much as he sleep or work at his job is hardcore for sure.
    So, if you think it's all time based, then mythic raidloggers back prior to infinite grind systems were casuals, because they spent LESS time in game then most

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Assuming they work standard hours, I would not call a guy who spends this much of his free time as casual.
    They're retired in that particular case

So, if you think it's all time based, then mythic raidloggers back prior to infinite grind systems were casuals, because they spent LESS time in game then most
    No mythic raider played less then 15-20 Hours a week. Less time in game then most is again not even close. Most wow players barelly play more then a handful of hours a week.

No mythic raider played less then 15-20 Hours a week. Less time in game then most is again not even close. Most wow players barelly play more then a handful of hours a week.
    You'd be surprised, specially when it's on farm. Back when I actually raided heroic (before mythic) we'd finish raid in 2 hrs or less and most people would just peace for the week

10+ Year Old Account
    If I hadn't had an alt during Legion I'd have been playing 8 and a half hours a week. 8 hours of raiding, 30 minutes early to make sure I had pots, flasks, and vantus.
    In WoD I literally only played that (until progress was done, then I'd be done in 4-6 hours depending on boosts)

WF raiders get their weekly raiding done in like 2-3 hours, and since they're then done with the raid, they don't need to gear up anymore, so they can just log out if they don't care for the other content.

I even knew people who went from my ~800 ranked guild to a top 20 to play less, because they wanted more time to spend with family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Looks like game will undergo a "ffxiv treatment"
    https://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-p...hem-1839892415

I'll believe it when I see it but I also have a few concerns given how this game launched.

Time to deliver
    Cost
    Actually redoing the game vs generic updates then charging players again.

I look forward to real change in the game.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-11-17 at 09:44 PM.

Didn't follow the convo but there's absolutely mythic raiders who play less than 15-20 hours a week depending on the time frame and what players wanted to do. I used to commit to a hefty 5 hours / 5 day a week raid schedule during progression which would last about 3-4 weeks a tier and then we'd go into farm mode where raid would be done within a single raid night. If you were like me and didn't like playing alts at all then you just logged in for raid and peaced out for most of the rest of the week unless I had something I *needed* to do.

I absolutely played *less* as a mythic raider than I ever did when I was more "casual". Many "casual" friends of mine often spent all their free time on side activities like alts, pet collecting / battles, mount collecting, etc etc which all took a lot more time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, interesting. I just learned, that there is a new Mass Effect game in very early development (Kotaku report).
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-11-19 at 11:03 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Revamping the game is a fool's errand. The anthem name has already been tarnished and meme'ified. The literal epitome of video game development failure.

I believe that this "revamp announcement" is a last ditch effort to retain players until the inevitable "no more updates" announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Revamping the game is a fool's errand. The anthem name has already been tarnished and meme'ified. The literal epitome of video game development failure.

I believe that this "revamp announcement" is a last ditch effort to retain players until the inevitable "no more updates" announcement.
    It worked for Destiny 1/2. It worked for Division 1. It worked for FFXIV. It worked with No Man's Sky. It was working for FO76 until Bethesda started the whole Fallout First nonsense.

Yeah, they have an uphill battle with this, but they can absolutely turn it around. It all depends on how the revamp shapes up and how they communicate/work with players on it.

And I hope they pull it off, because there's a solid game buried beneath a lot of bad, largely easily avoidable decisions.

They should add more outdoor world variety, like planets in destiny, world is huge but it's all jungle themed and gets boring quickly, more endgame content, something like nightfalls in d2, raids, more character stats and customization (not cosmetic) and talent builds and better loot with harder content, not just more same quality loot.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I'll just wait and see what the finished version of Anthem is like now. Anthem 1.01 I guess they could call it, since the current game never really left beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Considering on picking up a key for 10€, sort of regret it on not doing it with NMS, might do it for this one.
    Ya we got used copies in the store for $10, considered getting it but honestly I don't see them pulling a NMS.

There is rumors they are working on a "Anthem 2.0" launch but at the same time those same rumors say they don't even know what that looks like.

ill honestly be impressed if the game is still up come the end of 2020.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

so i finally got around to trying it, since EA was giving away one month of origin acess and well.. I enjoyed it for the most part... up until the point I was reminded why i didn't pick it up originally. having to be grouped for story missions. take your time looking around? lolnope. ah well. back to games that give me an option to group instead of forcing me into one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so i finally got around to trying it, since EA was giving away one month of origin acess and well.. I enjoyed it for the most part... up until the point I was reminded why i didn't pick it up originally. having to be grouped for story missions. take your time looking around? lolnope. ah well. back to games that give me an option to group instead of forcing me into one.
    somewhere in the convoluted mess of a UI there is an option to play missions solo.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    somewhere in the convoluted mess of a UI there is an option to play missions solo.
    you mean - making missions private? I guess its technically solo, but it doesn't scale them down for fewer people or anything as far as i know, so I'm about 99% sure that I'm going to start hitting roadblocks long before i get anywhere near the end of the story. I'm just not that great of a player to play solo missions that were designed to be played with a group... :/ or is there actual solo option that I'm not seeing?

you mean - making missions private? I guess its technically solo, but it doesn't scale them down for fewer people or anything as far as i know, so I'm about 99% sure that I'm going to start hitting roadblocks long before i get anywhere near the end of the story. I'm just not that great of a player to play solo missions that were designed to be played with a group... :/ or is there actual solo option that I'm not seeing?
    I played though the whole campaign solo, there are no group missions. They are all pretty easy solo. They are just even faster when grouped but you'll probably miss a lot since many people rush through every mission.

I only grouped up for endgame activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I played though the whole campaign solo, there are no group missions. They are all pretty easy solo. They are just even faster when grouped but you'll probably miss a lot since many people rush through every mission.

I only grouped up for endgame activities.
    easy is relative to the individual. like I said, I'm just not that great of a player. I have consistently found that whenever someone online claims something to be easy... for me, best case scenario it is a bit difficult, worst case scenario - impossible.

easy is relative to the individual. like I said, I'm just not that great of a player. I have consistently found that whenever someone online claims something to be easy... for me, best case scenario it is a bit difficult, worst case scenario - impossible.
    There is a difficulty setting in game. Also, if you want easy mode play colossus.