Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The problem with hunters in pvp is that they have no mechanical weaknesses

Casters can get gap closed and stunned / interrupted into oblivion by mongo melee.

Melee can get kited to hell by ranged.

Hunters can't be interrupted and can't be kited (especially in the case of BM). A good hunter is a hard fight for any class, fighting a hunter forces you to play smart because you can't just chase him around the pillar and hope that you catch him before his pet mauls your face off.

As a consequence, people throw a shitfit on the forums because they don't understand how to fight a hunter and get them nerfed. Notice how whenever hunters do good damage they easily climb ratings and cause a ruckus on the official forums? With the recent nerf, hunters still have no mechanical weaknesses but now their damage is so sh!t that they might as well stop playing arena for this season.

Hunters need a mechanical weakness or other classes need theirs removed. Most melee can't be kited right but but I'm presuming their plot armor will last only until the next major redesign (hopefully coming next xpack). Meanwhile casters either need to be able to cast 100% of their abilities on the move (at least in PvP) or hunters need their deadzone back.

And yes, I'm a hunter. I want a very obvious mechanical weakness that people would be able to exploit to counter me. I'm tired of hitting like a wet noodle in PvP.

Deleted
    Take back 5-40 yard range.

Staying in melee range of a hunter, even as a caster was a thing you accually had to do.

Deleted
    The new philosophy of Blizzard for ALL their games is to dumb down everything to mindless levels. They won't revert back to anything requiring learning and differentiating player skill. The 50/50 design has tainted all their games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to add RNG within the gameplay itself and make WoW a hearthstone "flip a coin to win or lose" thing

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Casters can get gap closed and stunned / interrupted into oblivion by mongo melee.

Hunters can't be interrupted and can't be kited (especially in the case of BM). A good hunter is a hard fight for any class, fighting a hunter forces you to play smart because you can't just chase him around the pillar and hope that you catch him before his pet mauls your face off.

As a consequence, people throw a shitfit on the forums because they don't understand how to fight a hunter and get them nerfed. Notice how whenever hunters do good damage they easily climb ratings and cause a ruckus on the official forums? With the recent nerf, hunters still have no mechanical weaknesses but now their damage is so sh!t that they might as well stop playing arena for this season.

Hunters need a mechanical weakness or other classes need theirs removed. Most melee can't be kited right but but I'm presuming their plot armor will last only until the next major redesign (hopefully coming next xpack). Meanwhile casters either need to be able to cast 100% of their abilities on the move (at least in PvP) or hunters need their deadzone back.

And yes, I'm a hunter. I want a very obvious mechanical weakness that people would be able to exploit to counter me. I'm tired of hitting like a wet noodle in PvP.
    I dont know which class you play if its a shadow priest i can agree but every other ranged has enough tools to kite a melee by himself, excluding the 2 mobility outliers DH/WW.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-06-19 at 01:15 PM.

well if they ever balanced the game around 1v1. sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

Which melee is that, exactly? And by ranged you mean "Frost Mage"?

I play a BM hunter. And an Afflock. And a BDK, and a Prot Paladin, and a Resto Druid.

As a BM hunter, i get my face destroyed by almost all melee. There are no escapes. I can disengage - once, and maybe freezing trap them. Then... they're on you like glue. And ALL of them have more than 2 ways to get back on you.

Hunters need a mechanical weakness or other classes need theirs removed.
    You mean like.. having zero defenses against other ranged, a worthless amount of self-healing (compared to most DPS now, which for some puzzling reason out heal my fucking AFFLOCK), and almost no ability to actually kite?

Most melee can't be kited right but but I'm presuming their plot armor will last only until the next major redesign
    What on gods green earth would make you think that was going to happen? Its been like this since Late TBC/Mid Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I dont know which class you play if its a shadow priest i can agree but every other ranged has enough tools to kite a melee by himself, excluding the 2 mobility outliers DH/WW.
    Lolwut?

All those kiting tools warlocks have. And Priests. And Hunters (Concusive shot is HELLA GOOD YO, particularly when they can just leap back on top of you and Conc Shot is a worse snare than any melee snare so you're still moving slower lulz). Balance... maybe? I haven't looked into if they can get the "roots dont break on damage" talent that Resto can get. If not.. lulzno. Balance doesn't beat melee because it kites, Balance beats melee because it frontloads your entire HP bear into three casts two of which are instant.

MAGES can kite.

The other ranged classes get fuck-all for kiting. (Note: this is not true; they have kiting tools - melee simply have 50-100% more gap-closing tools than those classes have kiting tools, making them largely irrelevant.) Effectively, though.. fuck all you can do to kite a melee as most ranged.

Being a BM Hunter isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. It's just one of those classes that appears amazing to low-mid skill level players. Players that know what they are doing don't have that many issues against a BM Hunter. I've played Hunter since WotLK, and I will admit the kiting around a pillar while your pet damages/kills an enemy seems OP, but dot classes have been playing this style of PVP since I can remember.
    Let's also take a look at the alternative, what happens to a BM Hunter if they stay out in the open fulltime while trying to kill an enemy? Yeah, they get destroyed. They have 1 healing CD, a very small heal from KC that you can use every 1.5 seconds during BW, and every 6-7 seconds outside of it. Our major defensive prevents all ability usage except for traps. How do those traps work? A slow when they stay inside of it and can easily stay with you if you try to stay in it with them, and a CC that breaks immediately on damage. The only time a Frost Trap is effective is if you can catch someone in it and run your ass off to LoS again, and smart players aren't going to be caught in it. The only CC we have where we can damage someone is Binding Shot, which can also be avoided easily and has a much shorter duration than some other CCs. Keep in mind, your pets can also be CC'd as well as killed very quickly making them useless as well as giving people time to catch you while you try and Rez for 3 seconds.
    Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying BM Hunters are absolute shit; but, without playing an LoS game then you are screwed and might as well not even step foot into arena.

I dont play a hunter so this isnt a post defending my hunter.

With that said, hunters are the second to last represented class in 3v3 arena
    in the world and Marksmanship is the 11th most represented spec of all.

I dont really see the problem outside of some people having problems with them 1v1 or in world pvp.

Balancing classes around 1v1 or wpvp will never happen and SHOULD never happen.

Last edited by Appelgren; 2017-06-28 at 10:56 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in my day we had a deadzone. Not just a 5yd minimum for ranged attacks - a 5-8yd zone where we couldn't attack. Between the removal of the deadzone and pet happiness I lost all desire to play my hunter.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Balancing classes around 1v1 or wpvp will never happen and SHOULD never happen.
    Why not? In S15 1v1's and 1vX's were more balanced than ever and most people nowadays consider it to be the most fun iteration of PVP we've had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take back 5-40 yard range.
    At the current state of pvp where every melee has more tools to get onto our asses then we have to get away from those bear costume wearing loli chasers ? Oh, and did someone forget to mention spamable slows, range stuns and / or roots on a 30 sec. cooldown ? Im not sure but i think someone did already.

Hunters can't be interrupted and can't be kited
    And we shouldnt be kitet. Im quoting my fav. stand up here; THATS OUR FUCKING JOB !

Once again, if we don't have any mechanical weaknesses we end up being too OP (see separation anxiety in 7.2) and then get a nerfhammer up our arses so hard that we stop doing damage (see 7.2.5 pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Why not? In S15 1v1's and 1vX's were more balanced than ever and most people nowadays consider it to be the most fun iteration of PVP we've had.
    Anecdotal evidence doesnt prove anything

Deleted
    And thats the reason why almost no hunters are in top arena teams compared to other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    And thats the reason why almost no hunters are in top arena teams compared to other classes.
    It's really weird to look at the "top arena teams" when looking for balance. Balance is not found at the right or a left side of a bell curve you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Anecdotal evidence doesnt prove anything
    Way to avoid the question. 1v1s should be the closest thing we get to a skill check, as it doesn't have nearly as many variables as arenas. No teammates and no comps. And who doesn't enjoy proving dominance over another player in a competitive environment without relying on others?

I have enough tools as a survival hunter to handle any kiting. And I don't kite, I bang. (then release spirit and try again)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Way to avoid the question. 1v1s should be the closest thing we get to a skill check, as it doesn't have nearly as many variables as arenas. No teammates and no comps. And who doesn't enjoy proving dominance over another player in a competitive environment without relying on others?
    To make 1v1 work you will need to just have 1 class in the game. Same abilities same HP same everything.

That sounds super fun! Might aswell go play CSGo

Deleted
    I main a hunter. I'm survival and marksman. My pet while survival can't do anything to harm you around the pillar, I'm sorry, but it really can't. When I'm marksman, I DON'T even have a pet. What you're talking about is BM. Which has been nerfed a lot. Nobody with a sense of self dignity would main BM anyway I hope

Hunter's are pretty squishy once you lock them down.

DoT them and there pets .. When they go red or pop that arrow aura buff LoS .. That's it pretty much ..

After patch MM feels tougher to kill .. Not sure why ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-06-29 at 04:11 PM.