Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

RIP World Quest Group Finder

I really dont know who even loves their job at Blizzard. Their motto is 100% against the player. Patch 7.2.5 got 100% worse now - didnt really think there could be a patch worse than 7.2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    There's small API change in 7.2.5 related to searching for groups, that function (C_LFGList.Search) now requires a table instead of search string for it's second argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowqwop View Post
    Guess no one bothered to check the curse page for the addon

This appears to be fixable by changing lines 641 and 651 of WorldQuestGroupFinder.lua from
    C_LFGList.Search(1, title, 0, 4, selectedLanguages)
    to
    C_LFGList.Search(1, LFGListSearchPanel_ParseSearchTerms(title), 0, 4, selectedLanguages)
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2017-06-14 at 09:49 AM.

Did you update the addon?

If so, is your problem that it stops trying to find new players after reaching the 5 player group limit? It's still super fast, and you can just requeue if you mind that.

so patch has been out for less than a day in EU and 1 Day in NA and you already made a thread complaining about an addon not working?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Did you update the addon?

If so, is your problem that it stops trying to find new players after reaching the 5 player group limit? It's still super fast, and you can just requeue if you mind that.
    The button which search for groups doesnt work.

Deleted
    An addon you call "for the players". I call it cancerous. All those filthy raids with cyrillic shit tagging mobs that grey out for everyone else, half of them afk leeching. I hope it would die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The button which search for groups doesnt work.
    Obviously Blizzards fault not the Addon Devs that didn't test changes on the PTR

You can breathe by yourself, yeah?

it's not completely broken.. you can still create groups atleast.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Everything breaks every patch. You have to wait for the addon authors to update it.

It is known.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont know who even loves their job at Blizzard. Their motto is 100% against the player. Patch 7.2.5 got 100% worse now - didnt really think there could be a patch worse than 7.2.0.
    Much overreaction, so wow, very not updated, such impatient.

I would AT LEAST give it a week before you cry out about failing addons. Even at that, WQGF isn't life, you can EASILY do WQ without it as well. So, you are just crying out because the addon that held your hand across the road isn't working?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Everything breaks every patch. You have to wait for the addon authors to update it.

It is known.
    Hear hear, amen, and all that!
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-06-14 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    An addon you call "for the players". I call it cancerous. All those filthy raids with cyrillic shit tagging mobs that grey out for everyone else, half of them afk leeching. I hope it would die.
    So players wanting to play in groups with other players in an mmorpg is cancerous? If you don't like playing with other players perhaps you should try single player games.

At OP, try the following fix as posted by Cidrei on curse https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/worldquestgroupfinder:

This appears to be fixable by changing lines 641 and 651 of WorldQuestGroupFinder.lua from
    to
    C_LFGList.Search(1, LFGListSearchPanel_ParseSearchTerms(title), 0, 4, selectedLanguages)
    Last edited by Bethanie; 2017-06-14 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not only people writing in cyrillic that AFK's, just thought I would send that out. And not only raids written in cyrillic that are shit, many run by english speaking, and other languages, have shit claims and demands too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    They don't want to play in groups. they want others to do the work for them.

There's small API change in 7.2.5 related to searching for groups, that function (C_LFGList.Search) now requires a table instead of search string for it's second argument.

Deleted
    Lel who is this newfag who doesnt know many addons break after a patch so the authors of the addon have to update it

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Can't we as a forum agree that the opening post should be required to contain at least one constructive sentence? Just a thought. So much concentrated hyperbole is nothing but garbage.

This addon was/is just another chip broken away from the social aspect of the game.
    Hurr durr how can a grouping addon be anti social durr, I hear you ask? Yep, an addon that automatically puts you into a group for no other reason than to be more efficient is not a social tool. See, world quests would actually have to contain some aspect of challenge for such an addon to really serve a purpose. Instead, I'd wager most of the whiners are the same guys who felt entitled to flying over the area, automatically group up, wait in the air to get quest credit, and fly off, because 'WQs are boring ive done them before I just need the AP'

You want social aspects back into the game? Push Blizzard to make world content that actually requires you to interact with other players. But sadly, players that remain aren't really willing to put into that kind of effort, other than organized raids/Arenas...
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-06-14 at 09:24 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

And yet here you are paying your 12 bucks a month for such a terrible, terrible game.

Deleted
    All those filthy raids with cyrillic shit tagging mobs that grey out for everyone else, half of them afk leeching. I hope it would die.
    It's the filthy Horde scum that causes mobs to grey out, not Russians. Speaking of greying, I'm really sikc and tired of Blizzard letting opposite faction bullshit have impact on PVE CONTENT.

Deleted
    Guess no one bothered to check the curse page for the addon

to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Can't we as a forum agree that the opening post should be required to contain at least one constructive sentence? Just a thought. So much concentrated hyperbole is nothing but garbage.

This addon was/is just another chip broken away from the social aspect of the game.
    Hurr durr how can a grouping addon be anti social durr, I hear you ask? Yep, an addon that automatically puts you into a group for no other reason than to be more efficient is not a social tool. See, world quests would actually have to contain some aspect of challenge for such an addon to really serve a purpose. Instead, I'd wager most of the whiners are the same guys who felt entitled to flying over the area, automatically group up, wait in the air to get quest credit, and fly off, because 'WQs are boring ive done them before I just need the AP'

You want social aspects back into the game? Push Blizzard to make world content that actually requires you to interact with other players. But sadly, players that remain aren't really willing to put into that kind of effort, other than organized raids/Arenas...
    World Quests are just a horrible time sink, without WQFG this takes longer. There's no philosophic social interaction aspect to it, other than Blizzard wanting more money due to increased playing hours.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously Blizzards fault not the Addon Devs that didn't test changes on the PTR

Maybe chill abit with the racism if you dont even understand how this game works.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2017-06-14 at 10:04 AM.

hmm.. i can't seem to use the regular groupfinder tool now =/

when i hit the find a group button nothing happens(with and without wqgf on) anyone experiencing the same thing?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    hmm.. i can't seem to use the regular groupfinder tool now =/

when i hit the find a group button nothing happens(with and without wqgf on) anyone experiencing the same thing?
    Haven't had the chance to play 7.2.5 yet (EU here, and at work). Did you try right clicking on the quest/WQ and selecting "Find group" ?

Looking for a working online signature generator .....