Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why Season 11 and Necromancer don't release at the same time?

I am ok with one week difference.
    But no, 4 weeks.

Does it give non-season a head start?

I would think it gives people a chance to play the different builds and complete story mode. Let players decide if they want to play it in Season 11 prior to the kick off. 1 week or 3 weeks makes little difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    I would think it gives people a chance to play the different builds and complete story mode. Let players decide if they want to play it in Season 11 prior to the kick off. 1 week or 3 weeks makes little difference to me.
    This. It doesn't really matter
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    They get a chance to fix some game-breaking bugs (if any made it out of the beta).

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    But no, 4 weeks.

What? Being able to play a Necromancer prior to the Season starting doesn't affect anything other than perhaps being able to play it competently since you would have time to get a hang of the mechanics, determine what build best suits you and so on. Personally I'm not that concerned about Seasons, I only care about getting to play the Necromancer after all this time waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    I'm not that concerned about Seasons
    What he said, except without the word "that".

Fixing bugs, balancing, and (at least for me personally) being able to play the class with access to a huge stash of materials and leveling gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

But no, 4 weeks.

A head start of what? There is no beginning or end in non-season, it's just irrelevant. Are people even playing out of seasons?

I'm all for releasing necro a while before seasons start, that way people will try it out on their own time instead of having a seasons start with 90% necro population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Necro and season 11... Do we know which set they'll be getting in their Gift?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I will buy it at the release of Season 11.

Why would they not want to release a pre-purchase of the necromancer package. They usually have pre-purchase options related to any blizzard game. Isn't this strange?

7+ Year Old Account
    But no, 4 weeks.

non season a head start to what?
    also its so they have 4 weeks to find any game breaking bugs so the season doesent come out then blizzard log in and go "oh this necro cleared GRift level 1000... oh there is an item combo that breaks the game..."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

it's nice. So we have time to play through it, find an overpowerd bug and crash the current ladder.
    JK. I think the timing is perfect, so we can enjoy the necromancer as a new class before having just another character for the grift grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can now purchase the necro @ https://us.battle.net/d3/en/

they are waiting for my summer break vacation, being faithful to their faithful customer.

Jumped on last night to give the Necromancer a try and the first impressions are good. I had a bit of fun stomping out enemies in story mode with a lvl 70 ancient 2 handed weapon and Gem of Ease. I haven't played non-seasonal since seasons were introduced so I am not used to having all these materials and paragon points from the start. So much destruction lol. I am looking forward to trying all the builds before season 11 starts but I am almost certainly playing a witch doctor for no other reason than I don't want to be on a team with all Necromancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Speaking of Necro and season 11... Do we know which set they'll be getting in their Gift?
    Haven't seen much info on S11 at all so far. We usually get a sneak peak in the weeks before launch so I imagine they are putting all their puff into the fanfare of the launch for the time being.

Looking forward to trying the necro out tomorrow night (damn you Guild progress raids on Wed night).
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Haven't seen much info on S11 at all so far. We usually get a sneak peak in the weeks before launch so I imagine they are putting all their puff into the fanfare of the launch for the time being.
    I guess it IS a bit early for that... If Blizz want to be kind, they'll have the pet set in the first gift, since that's by FAR the most popular set.

Fingers crossed it'll be Inarius though, because that's the one I want
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Fingers crossed it'll be Inarius though, because that's the one I want
    In the beta it was Rathma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    In the beta it was Rathma.
    It was until they nerfed the occ ring procs on skelly attacks. You can no longer use it to lower the cool down of land of the dead or army of the dead. The power of the build was gutted insanely. Bone armor set is now the best.