Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlocks in ToS (How's it going so far)

This thread isn't trying to be about what is the best spec to play on a whole. I'm merely asking how is ToS going for you?
    Last night the guild ran Normal and cleared it pretty easily. The raid itself is pretty cool the caverns after the first couple bosses kind of suck to navigate. I was doing Loot Council so I wasn't paying attention much.
    One problem I've noticed is that there wasn't a lot of need for talent switching. I mostly stayed in my ST spec and I was still doing pretty well.
    But overall it's pretty good
    Please no more needs!

My guild ran normal (full clear) and first few bosses in heroic. I and another lock went as Afflic, a third lock went Destro.

From what I can tell both specs will have a solid spot in the instance. It's been literally months since I've done progression raiding tho, so I may not have the best perspective.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I like the fights so far. The movement on fights is more predictable, which makes affliction easier to play. I have the leg shoes, which also helps in that respect. I'm having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many yummy tools makes it easy to adjust spec to fit the encounter. Got in there last night, felt great in just about every way.

Feel like we're in a very solid spot. I have 51 destro / 53 affliction right now, and was swapping between specs during encounters to test out both specs (in HC, since in normal it was a 1 shot). Feels like both specs are in a very good place right now.

Destro is strong but no OP. It will be great for progression but I'm guessing will start to feel lackluster once everyone has 4 sets, since theirs is such a small gain. Affliction is probably still a bit too strong and will top meters on many fights, though some is obviously pad. Demo is kind of flying under the radar and will be very strong on ST fights with full tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrubba View Post
    Destro is strong but no OP. It will be great for progression but I'm guessing will start to feel lackluster once everyone has 4 sets, since theirs is such a small gain. Affliction is probably still a bit too strong and will top meters on many fights, though some is obviously pad. Demo is kind of flying under the radar and will be very strong on ST fights with full tier.
    lol, i just got concordance with demo OS.. definitely running a little under the radar imo. fully agree on that and the aff strength (main spec).. sometimes it's hard to articulate exactly why but after this long at the game you can feel when something is slightly over-tuned for the encounter types.

Hey, I hope we don't get nerfed.. but we would live through a 3-5%.

From Demo, we're good in most fights I think. Some fights have a lot of clumped up adds which means the HoG buff helps a lot.

While I was number 5 in DPS on Mistress in my guild, I was by a pretty significant margin number 1 boss DPS. We benefit heavily from being able to Impending Doom a lot of adds because of our mass Imps.

T20 is going to be sick for us as well.

Just slaughtering everything as Affliction. Top 3 every fight and top on the significant multi-dot ones, Inquisition and Host.

I did the first five with my guild on normal which should be finished this Sunday. I finished regular with some Friends and will finish regular with my guild this week. We should start Heroic next week.

I found the raid to be really fun. I play Destruction and also got the Abyss Worm mount on our first kill from the boss that drops it. I can't spell that boss's name.

Deleted
    Remember how you all cried 2 weeks ago "Bouhououuu... NERF AFFLI" ?

Did 5 bosses on hc, almost killed Host also, was in upper half or top few on all bosses. Made many mistakes, still did good from which could see that affliction is forgivable. You can cheese some fights, survive a lot of things others can't. Overall, it's in great condition.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Went through normal wednesday and 6 bosses in hc yesterday. Played all as demo except the two cleave bosses. I like the encounters, i hate the maze instance, get lost a couple of times
    Also i had to respec every boss which is kind of annoying (ST, AE and cleave). I hope demo catches up with 4p T20, its okay but fells a little bit inferior.

Deleted
    Destro feels very solid and fun now. Missed guild raid expect kiljaedan so i pugged normal and was doing nice and topped some fights.

I think destro is damn near perfect now. Shard generarion is so smooth and abilities hit alot harder now. Love chaosbolt and channel demonfire.

Also solution to cleave was brilliant. Double shard gain while cleaving means you dont have to save soul shards beforehand, becouse you get full almoust instant and duration 10s instead of 8 is much better for fitting 3 chaos bolts. I think untalented cleave is better than pre patch. Unholy ammount of damage with soul harvester, bolts hitting 2.5m-3m for each target x 3. Channel demonfire also does double damage with havoc plus extra becouse of immolate.

Destro is so fun atm

Demo is pretty strong imo, I out-dpsed the affli lock in our guild (top geared) in both aoe fights and ST, and almost always top 3 dps, impending doom is insane on bosses like Host, but as the guy said above, you have to respec a couple of times in the instance.

With all this positivity I can't help but think further nerfs are incoming. Hope I'm just being overly cynical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmaron View Post
    With all this positivity I can't help but think further nerfs are incoming. Hope I'm just being overly cynical.
    You're not - we will. But it will likely be done in a careful manner due to the nature of the spec - i'm still betting its 3% hit, manageable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Remember how you all cried 2 weeks ago "Bouhououuu... NERF AFFLI" ?
    We all did? I can tell what kind of person you by this post alone, enjoy all the success coming your way!

Deleted
    Destro feels like it's pretty well tuned, but I'm worried it won't be able to compete with affliction, at least at higher gear / tier levels.

Fun while it lasts though, just worried it won't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Destro feels like it's pretty well tuned, but I'm worried it won't be able to compete with affliction, at least at higher gear / tier levels.

Fun while it lasts though, just worried it won't keep up.
    I think destro's burst will carry it through farm.
    They definetelly can do more damage than affli on ST and short fights.

Old Anomaly comes to mind, too bad destro was crap at the time, fight was ending in about 1 minute or less.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted
    Hey fellow locks!

I am 7/9 HC TOS atm and playing as Destro.

About talents I personally was changing on every encounter lol.

Still unsure about the optimal choic about harjatan (cause we oneshotted him lol) and Desolate host, cause I'd rather Soulharvest + Havoc to finish the job when desolate host appeared.

The rest was rather easier to figure out.

I am usually top 3 or top 5 in my raid with the exception of Harjatan and Desolate host lol^^

Dont think Destro is Op or anything atm, but it sure as hell is well tuned and fun! Havoc just feels so good and fair atm, since it actually has a cd even with talent.

Life is good