Demo lock - How much haste is to much haste?

Hey!

So i'm just getting back, I used to gear my alt lock in as much "of the impatient" gear as possible. Currently, he's sitting at 6x "pure haste" items at 850 ilvl. (Last time I geared him was 7,5 months ago) which equals about 39,5 % haste. 851 ilvl atm

I plan to farm blood of sargs so I can make all items to 900 slot.

But my question is; Am I over doing it? Im at 14500~ haste atm

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Hey!

So i'm just getting back, I used to gear my alt lock in as much "of the impatient" gear as possible. Currently, he's sitting at 6x "pure haste" items at 850 ilvl. (Last time I geared him was 7,5 months ago) which equals about 39,5 % haste. 851 ilvl atm

I plan to farm blood of sargs so I can make all items to 900 slot.

But my question is; Am I over doing it? Im at 14500~ haste atm
    I mean at 851 no, but at some point the scaling of your other stats will net more damage per point, then in the wildly unreasonable chance that your casts are acting as more or less an instant cast i.e 0.9 second cast has to wait 0.1 second to cast again via gcd you'd opt for another stat as well. I'd suggest doing a stat scaling sim and import the pawn strings.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    I mean at 851 no, but at some point the scaling of your other stats will net more damage per point, then in the wildly unreasonable chance that your casts are acting as more or less an instant cast i.e 0.9 second cast has to wait 0.1 second to cast again via gcd you'd opt for another stat as well. I'd suggest doing a stat scaling sim and import the pawn strings.
    at 41% you dont even have a under 1 sec cast. So the haste isnt hurting but at that level he will want some crit and a bit of mastery. Best to sim it out and see what each points worth.

OP if youre not good with simcraft you can always use https://www.raidbots.com/simbot to get an idea of your stat weights.
    Last edited by xuros; 2017-06-28 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    at 41% you dont even have a under 1 sec cast. So the haste isnt hurting but at that level he will want some crit and a bit of mastery. Best to sim it out and see what each points worth.

OP if youre not good with simcraft you can always use https://www.raidbots.com/simbot to get an idea of your stat weights.

I did thanks.
    ( Pawn: v1: "Saftpinne": Class=Warlock, Spec=Demonology, Intellect=11.62, CritRating=8.69, HasteRating=10.73, MasteryRating=8.36, Versatility=8.05 )

Haste is still very good for me. So I guess I gotta farm loads and loads of bloods :P Its just an alt so I wont raid on it.

No amount of haste is ever too much haste.

Forever we hunger, forever we thirst

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    I did thanks.
    ( Pawn: v1: "Saftpinne": Class=Warlock, Spec=Demonology, Intellect=11.62, CritRating=8.69, HasteRating=10.73, MasteryRating=8.36, Versatility=8.05 )

Haste is still very good for me. So I guess I gotta farm loads and loads of bloods :P Its just an alt so I wont raid on it.
    Get the wardens shoulder enchant and it will help a lot.