Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd be willing to place my money on an MMORPG. I don't think WoW is doing as well as people think or expect. Plus, it would provide a clean slate for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I think it'd help, for future reference, put in the year and month said quote came from.
    It is done. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    I'd be willing to place my money on an MMORPG. I don't think WoW is doing as well as people think or expect. Plus, it would provide a clean slate for Blizzard.
    The co-founder that recently came back to the company said they were looking into doing some new stuff in the industry, Tom Chilton also moved onto a new secret project. And there's been a shift in certain positions there as well.

Holinka also moved to another project, am I right? Or did he already announce which project it was? If not then I think we might actually start to see the beginning of a new MMO right now.

I don't see a Diablo mmo happening because killing the same bosses over and over again would be really boring and it isn't really a Diablo game without Diablo himself. Starcraft's story is pretty much done for, Wow is heading towards it's end, so -I- personally think that they started working on an Overwatch MMO, but I simply say that because the way they're fleshing out lore right now reminds me of how they did it back in the Warcraft days pre-WoW.
    The Overwatch IP has become a beloved franchise thanks to it's setting and diverse character roster and if they want to build on that success, they gotta start working on an mmo for that game just about now. Because just like with any other multiplayer game that's out there right now, it's bound to go down eventually, and an mmo usually takes around 5 years to build.

Or it can all just be wishful thinking and they're just building some stupid single player game >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The job openings for this project said "first person", so I'm leaning towards a "Witcher/Destiny" type game. I've been watching the job listings for a while - they started with "new project set in the Diablo universe", so we can assume it's not D4. The engineering jobs, working on the engine, said "first person". This posting for Production Director makes me think they're doing something like Witcher, but multi-player. Not an MMO, but a first person with MMO features.

Blizzard seems to be all about having one of each - an MMO, a fighting game (Overwatch), a card game, (Hearthstone), a MOBA (HOTS), RPG (Diablo), and now, they'll have a first person game. Which will play on consoles.

So no, I don't think they're making a new MMO. That's where my bet is.

- - - Updated - - -

If they put WoW "on hold", it wouldn't bleed subs, it would vomit most of them in weeks.The one thing that keeps an MMO alive is the prospect of new content - if they stop production on WoW, it would die instantly.

And, they wouldn't need to be hiring as much as they are, for this new project. They are CLEARLY building a large team that has nothing to do with WoW. Chilton is almost certainly part of it, and Holinka probably moved over to it as well - they're the only people who left WoW who didn't say where they were going, since Kaplan left WoW to work on Titan.

WoW will still be trundling along when this new game ships. I'd bet real money on that.
    Why does it have to be either/or? It could be an mmo with first person elements.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I think it will be first-person oriented and made for VR in mind.

PC needs a killer VR game to get people interested and Blizzard has always been the top PC game maker.

Sounds fun to me.

Yes they are building a Diablo game.

Possibly an MMO - not just a D4 that's for sure.

And I'd bet real money that it will be a mobile game project.

Because

1. job ads;

2. purchase of King Ent. a while back for a ludicrous amount of money - not clearly used/capitalized in any of their IP yet;

3. Future is on Mobile, whether you love your PC and Console or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Yes they are building a Diablo game.

Possibly an MMO - not just a D4 that's for sure.

And I'd bet real money that it will be a mobile game project.

Because

1. job ads;

2. purchase of King Ent. a while back for a ludicrous amount of money - not clearly used/capitalized in any of their IP yet;

3. Future is on Mobile, whether you love your PC and Console or not.
    I'm not so sure the future is mobile. In the end, it is simply more comfortable to play computer games at a desk.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    It could be a team based FPS similar to Evolve or Left4Dead.
    These types of games seem to become more and more popular, with Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Paragon and Hunt: Showdown coming soon.

Blizzard loves online games that have repeatability. If their new game doesn't have some form of competitive co-op or pvp combat, why would they add it in their launcher and why we as players would want to play it every so often, even after a while.
    I don't think something as big as the Witcher would be on their plans, judging from how big but non-repeatable it is. I don't think they would try to make another MMO either, MMOs and RPGs like Skyrim and The Witcher need huge living worlds but there is a big risk that people won't want to keep playing them for years.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh yeah....I am on forums for almost 20 years now. I have seen the most amazing shit and predictions like "TBC killed WoW" https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-m...-wow-25902237/

and "We need an Age of Conan subforum, because clearly it will be the next big thing and kill WoW" (remembered from when I joined here, not saved a link)

Or how about this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post37063330 "There is literally no chance this game is able to survive until late September 2016"

This is also fun (from 2011) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hat-killed-WoW.

And now your post will join it. But I shall also make a thread about it if you were right
    Are you perhaps a very genuine bot? Forever roaming the forums gathering information?

WHO IS YOUR MASTER?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Well I have a new signature. You, yourself said to mark your words. So your words shall be marked. We shall see if you are right.
    When the time comes you can also take credit. I allow it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm not so sure the future is mobile. In the end, it is simply more comfortable to play computer games at a desk.
    The future isn't mobile, the future is virtual reality, not a bloody small screen on your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    The co-founder that recently came back to the company said they were looking into doing some new stuff in the industry, Tom Chilton also moved onto a new secret project. And there's been a shift in certain positions there as well.

Holinka also moved to another project, am I right? Or did he already announce which project it was? If not then I think we might actually start to see the beginning of a new MMO right now.

I don't see a Diablo mmo happening because killing the same bosses over and over again would be really boring and it isn't really a Diablo game without Diablo himself. Starcraft's story is pretty much done for, Wow is heading towards it's end, so -I- personally think that they started working on an Overwatch MMO, but I simply say that because the way they're fleshing out lore right now reminds me of how they did it back in the Warcraft days pre-WoW.
    The Overwatch IP has become a beloved franchise thanks to it's setting and diverse character roster and if they want to build on that success, they gotta start working on an mmo for that game just about now. Because just like with any other multiplayer game that's out there right now, it's bound to go down eventually, and an mmo usually takes around 5 years to build.

Or it can all just be wishful thinking and they're just building some stupid single player game >_>
    Nobody, and i mean not a person on earth, plays Overwatch for the story. In fact, there's no such thing in Overwatch.

For wow to be successful, it took over a decade of buildup through story driven games, and books. An Overwatch MMORPG would be a massive failure.

Besides, why make an Overwatch MMO when the fps is already one of the biggest games right now? More popular than all the MMOs put together.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-06-30 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    Yes they are doing a Diablo MMO, but like lost ark or lineage eternal, they are not doing a wow like MMO though, but still, D4 will be an MMO.

Deleted
    WoW is already Diablo 3 in 3D.
    Legendaries directly copied.
    Multiple-set builds from a few seasons back (with RoRG before nerf)
    World quests are literally RoS bounties.
    M+ are literally Greater Rifts.

An open, explicit Diablo MMO as a separate franchise would probably not sell at all. Too much is already there.

Deleted
    The only possible way of Diablo becoming an MMO is if the next expansion for WOW is also the last, which seems fair and to attempt to transition wow players to the new MMO and still milk a little for those that may play wow for a new more months while no longer investing in it, developing 2 MMO's running at the same time is overkill. Coming up with a new MMO with the current technology may not be that bad, however can't see Diablo working ... can't even compare lore to that WoW.

No, too risky segment and can destroy their already successful WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Nobody, and i mean not a person on earth, plays Overwatch for the story. In fact, there's no such thing in Overwatch.

For wow to be successful, it took over a decade of buildup through story driven games, and books. An Overwatch MMORPG would be a massive failure.

Besides, why make an Overwatch MMO when the fps is already one of the biggest games right now? More popular than all the MMOs put together.
    It takes 5 years to build a completely new mmo, Overwatch is not going to be the top dog in 5 years. And a lot of people do play overwatch due to the characters which is technically like playing for the lore because each character has their own story, setting, apperance. Not to mention that every cinematic, comic and piece of lore information gather millions upon millions of views.

It's also rumored that they're working on a single player component which'll probably be out in a year or two from now on. And WoW was successful because it came at the right time. There weren't a lot of good mmos back then, had any other AAA mmo come out then it would've been as huge as WoW is today. Besides, you're actually implying the industry is the same today as it was 13 years ago, which it isn't. You don't
    need a decade's worth of material to create a successful game.

A diablo mmo is-not-going-to-happen, get it in your head. The only IP they can make a fully fleshed out, long running mmo for now is Overwatch or a new IP.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    WoW is already Diablo 3 in 3D.
    Legendaries directly copied.
    Multiple-set builds from a few seasons back (with RoRG before nerf)
    World quests are literally RoS bounties.
    M+ are literally Greater Rifts.

An open, explicit Diablo MMO as a separate franchise would probably not sell at all. Too much is already there.
    You forgot:
    Nethershards = Bloodshards
    Titanforged = Ancient Gear
    New Legendary Ring = Hellfire Amulet

And
    - Exclusive gameplay bound to legendaries
    - Both playable on console after excessive ability and talent pruning

Probably missed stuff but yeah not a big fan of a lof of these D3 features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    [...]
    Probably missed stuff but yeah not a big fan of a lof of these D3 features.
    Funny enough, I do like them in Diablo. Legendaries drop often and you can extract their power.
    Blood shards drop en masse and when spending I saw something like 10+% chance for a legendary/set item.
    The one thing that frustrated me was content tuned around ancient gear (I think that was the expected power level for the non-greater rift step in last Champion).

What's the new legendary ring?

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Funny enough, I do like them in Diablo. Legendaries drop often and you can extract their power.
    Blood shards drop en masse and when spending I saw something like 10+% chance for a legendary/set item.
    The one thing that frustrated me was content tuned around ancient gear (I think that was the expected power level for the non-greater rift step in last Champion).

What's the new legendary ring?
    The new legendary ring allows all specs to have 2 talents in one tier row since the ring automatically grants you a certain talent.
    More info here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=264186/n...in-patch-7-2-5

It basically is the exact same feature as the hellfire amulets.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I very much so hope this.
    Blizzard never make singleplayer centered games. They are stricly about the multiplayer. I highly doubt we'll see anything of the sort. They don't even want to make PvE missions in Overwatch to set-up their storyline progression.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizzard has been hiring lots of people for "Diablo". They've been hiring artists, animators, engineers, a game designer and they are looking for a Game Director. The Game Director posting asks for MMO experience (under the pluses section as shown below)....

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o8Rq5fwe

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Legion might as well be a Diablo MMO.
    ^ this, what I was going to post and find Instead.

With half of the Diablo 3 dev team pouring over to the WoW team, WoW might as well be World of Diablocraft, I bet they wish they could do a top down perspective now.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?