Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Horde Meal Prep for Muscles

Recently been trying to meal prep healthy with high protein for more muscle gains. I try to do crockpot meal prep so it's easy to cook and clean.

Last two recipes I've made are ground turkey taco bowl mix and ground turkey sloppy joe's.

The turkey bowl recipe is here. I tweaked chicken for turkey for higher protein and a little easier on my budget.

Sloppy joe recipe is here.

What're you guys meal prepping for the week that's good and good for you? Any homemade recipes you've found that you'd love to share?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

what is a crockpot mealprep?

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally i make chicken breast in oven or in sauce in a pot. I ate this mostly with rice or buckwheat and some vegetables. There is no recipe. Generally its crurry thai or indian style, sweet sour, coconutmilk with tomatoes. And sometimes i make salad with baked beetroot and baked chicken breast. Its very simple, Bake beetroot like 2h into oven chill and cut into slim slices and add to arugula, cut some chicken into it. Add: some roasted sunflower seed, oil, salt, peper, balsamic vinegar just a few drops and its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Recently been trying to meal prep healthy with high protein for more muscle gains. I try to do crockpot meal prep so it's easy to cook and clean.

Last two recipes I've made are ground turkey taco bowl mix and ground turkey sloppy joe's.

The turkey bowl recipe is here. I tweaked chicken for turkey for higher protein and a little easier on my budget.

Sloppy joe recipe is here.

What're you guys meal prepping for the week that's good and good for you? Any homemade recipes you've found that you'd love to share?
    Here's my daily eating. I'm a fitness model and physique competitor and I'm incredibly meticulous when it comes to this. So I make the same three meals for every day to keep things simple.

Wake up:
    1 apple
    4 tbspn peanut butter

breakfast
    3 eggs
    2 chicken breasts
    1/2 cup brown rice
    6 brussel sprouts

lunch
    1 chicken breast
    1 piece of salmon
    6 asparagus spears
    6 brussel sprouts

dinner
    1 chicken breast
    6 brussel sprouts
    100g broccolli

nighttime snack
    1 can of tuna

and if i miss anything regarding carbs or protein as I have set macros to hit I'll throw them in there in a snack in the form of a rice cake or something etc....any questions feel free to DM me!
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

I've never prepped meals in advance, just cook or eat out on a daily. Not that I'm eating for muscles at the moment but I have done in the past and the prep thing and having food ready for a week has never been a thing for me, veg especially is really not enjoyable when not freshly cooked/prepared. I used to live on chicken, broccoli, green beans and rice.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    Here's my daily eating. I'm a fitness model and physique competitor and I'm incredibly meticulous when it comes to this. So I make the same three meals for every day to keep things simple.

Diet here

and if i miss anything regarding carbs or protein as I have set macros to hit I'll throw them in there in a snack in the form of a rice cake or something etc....any questions feel free to DM me!
    Fucking hell, dude, that's a lot of chicken every day. Don't you ever get bored?

I've been trying to put some muscle on, too, and it's working, but I do lift fasted in the morning, and for breakfast I usually have a baked egg on a multi-grain english muffin. Lunch is usually two peanut butter sandwiches. Dinner varies, but it's typically lean proteins and rice/pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Fucking hell, dude, that's a lot of chicken every day. Don't you ever get bored?

I've been trying to put some muscle on, too, and it's working, but I do lift fasted in the morning, and for breakfast I usually have a baked egg on a multi-grain english muffin. Lunch is usually two peanut butter sandwiches. Dinner varies, but it's typically lean proteins and rice/pasta.
    Remember, I also eat whatever I want within a set amount of macros and I still lose fat, so it's not like I'm just eating fish and a rice cake everyday lol

nope never get tired, you have to realize that 4 4oz pieces of chicken with the plethora of other food i eat isn't that much. As for lifting fasted, I wouldn't....working out fasted and all that "fasted" fad stuff really doesn't work. Plus, eating before lifting gives you way more energy for your lifts and also helps burn off excess energy (fat/carbs) as well.

You'll have much better lifts if you eat beforehand. *flex*

What're your fitness goals?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I've never prepped meals in advance, just cook or eat out on a daily. Not that I'm eating for muscles at the moment but I have done in the past and the prep thing and having food ready for a week has never been a thing for me, veg especially is really not enjoyable when not freshly cooked/prepared. I used to live on chicken, broccoli, green beans and rice.
    veggies stay pretty fresh for a few days, it's on day 8-9 that you may run into a problem with that...but I mean when you've cooked a week ahead of time I pretty much expect it, it's just more practical for my schedule to do it this way.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck these diets. I just eat cottage cheese, quinoa, chicken, vegetables and fruits whenever i want. Sometimes i eat the burger. And i feel myself great&

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Oh fuck these diets. I just eat cottage cheese, quinoa, chicken, vegetables and fruits whenever i want. Sometimes i eat the burger. And i feel myself great&
    wow....just wow

veggies stay pretty fresh for a few days, it's on day 8-9 that you may run into a problem with that...but I mean when you've cooked a week ahead of time I pretty much expect it, it's just more practical for my schedule to do it this way.
    I understand from a practical point of view it makes more sense due to time restraints in the week, I just found it hard to enjoy my food that way (pre-prepped food in general, veg to me is off after a few hours in terms of enjoyment) and it was a motivation killer, I just went back to eating out or cooking fresh and just finding the time for it. I'm not eating or training to gain at the moment anyway, though it's something I need to start again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    That's great for your everyday normal living, but if you want to build muscle you NEED a specifically tailored diet or you simply won't grow (or your growth will be slow, limited). When it comes to building muscle the diet is the most important part, so just eating what makes you feel "great" isn't very helpful to anyone who is trying to increase muscle mass while perhaps lowering bodyfat percentage.

[QUOTE=Bigbazz;49477560]I understand from a practical point of view it makes more sense due to time restraints in the week, I just found it hard to enjoy my food that way (pre-prepped food in general, veg to me is off after a few hours in terms of enjoyment) and it was a motivation killer, I just went back to eating out or cooking fresh and just finding the time for it. I'm not eating or training to gain at the moment anyway, though it's something I need to start again this year.

Yeah hey whatever bud, everyone is different and different things work for different people. I find them to still be incredibly tasty even a few days out but around day 8 they are putrid, which is why I only make 8 days worth of food now.

I get that meal prep is a thing that I SHOULD be doing. But the problem I run into is that I have roommates, and the kitchen where I live is very VERY small. Every time I go in there I have to deal with several people worth of stuff. Often a sink full of dirty dishes(not mine), and lots of the counter space covered with things.

The simplest(not the easiest) answer is to just suck it up and deal with it. Make my meals regardless. But god dammit if it doesn't sap my willpower just looking at that cramped kitchen and having to go through the hassle of cleaning up the kitchen before I can even begin, making the meals, then cleaning up after.

What I really need to do is move into my own place. No roommates. But in the meantime I find myself eating out a LOT, and not always the most healthy foods, either. What I wonder is if there's maybe a meal-preparing service I can pay for? I'm not in bad shape, all things considered(thank god for having a physical job that pays well). But my diet is inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I get that meal prep is a thing that I SHOULD be doing. But the problem I run into is that I have roommates, and the kitchen where I live is very VERY small. Every time I go in there I have to deal with several people worth of stuff. Often a sink full of dirty dishes(not mine), and lots of the counter space covered with things.

The simplest(not the easiest) answer is to just suck it up and deal with it. Make my meals regardless. But god dammit if it doesn't sap my willpower just looking at that cramped kitchen and having to go through the hassle of cleaning up the kitchen before I can even begin, making the meals, then cleaning up after.

What I really need to do is move into my own place. No roommates. But in the meantime I find myself eating out a LOT, and not always the most healthy foods, either. What I wonder is if there's maybe a meal-preparing service I can pay for? I'm not in bad shape, all things considered(thank god for having a physical job that pays well). But my diet is inconsistent.
    Depends where you live but I've seen plenty of meal prep services being offered, there is a place near-ish me that caters specifically to bodybuilders/athletes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Depends where you live but I've seen plenty of meal prep services being offered, there is a place near-ish me that caters specifically to bodybuilders/athletes too.
    yeah by me in jersey i know of two one is called nutrition kitchen and the other one is called eat clean bro.

But yeah I'm not gonna feel sorry for the excuse of roomates and dirty dishes because I have two and they leave dirty dishes AND they don't meal prep, run the dishwasher and sometimes decide to cook the only times I can meal prep, not a reason, it's an excuse.....

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to do it. Head up, chest out, confidence and crush an obstacle in your way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, I also eat whatever I want within a set amount of macros and I still lose fat, so it's not like I'm just eating fish and a rice cake everyday lol

nope never get tired, you have to realize that 4 4oz pieces of chicken with the plethora of other food i eat isn't that much. As for lifting fasted, I wouldn't....working out fasted and all that "fasted" fad stuff really doesn't work. Plus, eating before lifting gives you way more energy for your lifts and also helps burn off excess energy (fat/carbs) as well.

You'll have much better lifts if you eat beforehand. *flex*

What're your fitness goals?
    Oh I see. I thought that was all you were eating!

I have no specific goals. I was doing Stronglifts 5x5 for a long time and recently switched to Madcow, but aside from just lifting regularly and following the program, I have no specific weight goals, no intended body fat %. I'm lean and have good muscle, I just don't particularly strive for anything. I like it that way

As for morning eating, I don't have much choice. I get up at 5, rush to the gym, finish my work out, walk my dogs, and then it's back home to start work. If I ate, I'd have to push everything up an hour, otherwise (when I was eating before the gym) I spend more time at the gym burping and trying not to throw up than I do working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Oh I see. I thought that was all you were eating!

I have no specific goals. I was doing Stronglifts 5x5 for a long time and recently switched to Madcow, but aside from just lifting regularly and following the program, I have no specific weight goals, no intended body fat %. I'm lean and have good muscle, I just don't particularly strive for anything. I like it that way

As for morning eating, I don't have much choice. I get up at 5, rush to the gym, finish my work out, walk my dogs, and then it's back home to start work. If I ate, I'd have to push everything up an hour, otherwise (when I was eating before the gym) I spend more time at the gym burping and trying not to throw up than I do working out.
    ohhhh my bad, yeah i didn't explain it right, im not just eating 4 4oz pieces of chicken, no way...i love food too much lol

oh well if you really don't have any goals then meal prep probably isn't for you and you can literally just eat whatever you want to be honest lol

if you aren't looking to lose weight or gain any and just want to workout then keep doing what youre doing

As a lifter, I've found that meal prepping doesn't really save me much time compared to cooking a little bit each day. That is probably because I only cook one meal (my other meal is usually something like yogurt/oats and then a meal replacement shake).

It might be good if you really hate cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    As a lifter, I've found that meal prepping doesn't really save me much time compared to cooking a little bit each day. That is probably because I only cook one meal (my other meal is usually something like yogurt/oats and then a meal replacement shake).

It might be good if you really hate cooking.
    one meal? how little do you eat???

one meal? how little do you eat???
    3 meals, one of those is cooked and probably about the size of two meals for a normal person when I'm bulking. I do intermittent fasting year round.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    3 meals, one of those is cooked and probably about the size of two meals for a normal person when I'm bulking. I do intermittent fasting year round.
    originally you said one meal, and secondly yogurt and oats isn't a meal its more of a snack