Are we going to get another special like "The Decision" like when LeBron went to Miami?

That was the moment I realized professional sports in the U.S. had become waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Are we going to get another special like "The Decision" like when LeBron went to Miami?

That was the moment I realized professional sports in the U.S. had become waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too corporate.
    LeBron is the owner or at least large stake holder in Uninterrupted, a kind of copy of Player's Tribune except not as popular and with some more journalistic stuff. You can bet your bottom dollar he will do his reveal there.

So that's pretty corporate, yeah.

If LeBron doesn't stay in Cleveland he's retiring.

"Dwane Casey has reached an agreement on a 5-year deal to become the next coach of the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell ESPN." - Woj

Well well. From the Raptors to Detroit. Going to be interesting what he can do there with Drummond and Griffin.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to go over some stuff coming up soon:

21st of June: NBA Draft in NY

1st of July: Start of Free Agency and the new Basketball season

2nd of July: Start of Summer league

17th of July: End of Summer league

After that it's the long wait till training camp and preseason in late September, though there's probably going to be plenty of Free Agent stuff and trades being discussed as well. If Lebron takes his sweet time making a decision, then everything else will likely grind to a halt as well. I doubt many teams will want to make moves as long as there's a chance they might still land LeBron.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and new thread in the days shortly before 1st of July too. New year, new thread.

Here's the spreadsheet, I took it out of my signature. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Q0g/edit#gid=0

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Uh, no, no he's not.

"The Toronto Raptors are hiring assistant Nick Nurse as the franchise's new head coach, league sources tell ESPN. Sides are working through details of contract now." - Woj

And so the Raptors finally make their decision as well. Nurse was apparently the guy that inspired Casey to go with a new offensive approach last year, which was a large part of Casey getting CotY. Will be interesting to see what he can do now he's fully in charge himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Uh, no, no he's not.

Since NBA Draft is a week away, it's time we started getting into the flow of the thing.

My way too early draft hot take: Michael Porter Jr is the next Joel Embiid. All the talent in the world, but brittle as glass and never grows to full potential due to missed time in rehab.

pls let Mo Bamba go to the Mavs. Pretty please.

GET YOUR POPCORN READY EVERYONE, WE ARE IN FOR A WILD WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT.

Seriously, the NBA offseason is the best, always so much rumours. Agents and players and frontoffices, none of them seemingly give a fuck and they play it all out in the media. Love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron to the Lakers getting more and more likely if Kawhi ends up there too.

Kawhi is dead to me. He clearly wasn't the guy I thought he was.

You don't buy in to Pop? You can gtfo

I also dont see what LAL has to trade. All their Picks? Because none of their players would do well here. If Lebron ends up with the Lakers, I'll just quit the NBA because I do not like players enabling Lavar Ball. Also, his sons suck.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-06-15 at 05:45 PM.

"Draft scuttle: Hearing Toronto is exploring all of its trade options in hopes of assembling a deal to acquire a draft pick high enough to select Kentucky's Shai Gilgeous-Alexander" - Marc Stein, NY Times

And apparently everything is open to get that pick and no player is safe.

And then Kevin O'Connor chimes in with:

"Interesting. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander grew up one hour from Toronto. He hasn't worked out for any teams. He declined to name which teams he met with at the Combine. He hasn't even done much media since. "

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.

- - - Updated - - -

"Draft scuttle: Hearing Toronto is exploring all of its trade options in hopes of assembling a deal to acquire a draft pick high enough to select Kentucky's Shai Gilgeous-Alexander" - Marc Stein, NY Times

And apparently everything is open to get that pick and no player is safe.

And then Kevin O'Connor chimes in with:

"Interesting. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander grew up one hour from Toronto. He hasn't worked out for any teams. He declined to name which teams he met with at the Combine. He hasn't even done much media since.

Well then: http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/sour...medium=twitter

I usually follow along with these things on twitter more than on the broadcast, cuase shows like that are typically awful apart from seeing the prospects be happy. Guess I'll be forced to pay attention to the broadcast this year. =/

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well then: http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/sour...medium=twitter

I usually follow along with these things on twitter more than on the broadcast, cuase shows like that are typically awful apart from seeing the prospects be happy. Guess I'll be forced to pay attention to the broadcast this year. =/
    Why? It doesn't say that they won't be announcing them at all, just not announcing them early.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And unfortunately for every smart responsible person, there's at least one idiot that defies all logic.
    To prevent stupidity regulation needs to be in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I've been arguing for more restriction and regulation. I call it pro-gun regulation.

"Sources: Charlotte traded Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Timofey Mozgov, two second-rounders and cash considerations." - Charania

Dwight Howard is not a popular guest on teams it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why? It doesn't say that they won't be announcing them at all, just not announcing them early.
    Yeah, but what's the point of following on twitter when it's at the same time as the broadcast? Might as well watch then.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Kawhi is dead to me. He clearly wasn't the guy I thought he was.

You don't buy in to Pop? You can gtfo

I also dont see what LAL has to trade. All their Picks? Because none of their players would do well here. If Lebron ends up with the Lakers, I'll just quit the NBA because I do not like players enabling Lavar Ball. Also, his sons suck.
    I sort of agree. But the issue now becomes do you get what you can for him, or let him walk. Puts the team into a tough spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "Sources: Charlotte traded Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Timofey Mozgov, two second-rounders and cash considerations." - Charania

Dwight Howard is not a popular guest on teams it seems.

Yeah, but what's the point of following on twitter when it's at the same time as the broadcast? Might as well watch then.
    Poor dwight, man has he fallen far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Insider info that everyone else has missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Insider info that everyone else has missed?
    Yea we're buds

"The Lakers have acquired the 39th pick in Thursday’s Draft from the 76ers, league source tells ESPN. Lakers will send Philly its 2019 second round pick via Bulls and cash."

First draft trade!

Kinda unspectacular, but both sides get something nice. Philly had more picks this year than could reasonably be used and the Lakers are getting the 9th pick in the second round which is kinda nice if you need ammo to make trades for players (like Kawhi) or to help get rid of players (Luol Deng) and expect your future picks to not be worth much due to (hopefully) having a championship caliber team.