Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Odd, I didn't have to do a thing to get my controller to work

Wait. isn't xbox one controllers wireless only?(guess not)

Xbox one controller requires a special driver it seems. Try this.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/23610...-pc-games.html
    there is no longer a driver link on that webpage. i cannot seem to find the driver to download anywhere

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    there is no longer a driver link on that webpage. i cannot seem to find the driver to download anywhere

NO idea. imo Take the xbox one controller back and get a 360.

You using win10 or 8?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...ntroller-to-pc
    Windows 8.1 and Windows 7

When you connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC with a micro-USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the controller. If Windows is not set to automatically download device software, you can check for updates through Device Manager.

Update drivers through Device Manager

Here’s how to check for updates manually in the Device Manager:

Point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select Search.
    Enter Device Manager in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    Note Windows may ask you for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
    Locate and expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
    Right-click the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update Driver Software.
    Select Search Automatically for Updated Software.
    With Xbox Wireless or USB connections, you can connect 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers at the same time. You won’t get audio through the controller so there’s no need to connect a headset. Bluetooth connections are not supported.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2017-07-04 at 03:23 AM.

NO idea. imo Take the xbox one controller back and get a 360.

You using win10 or 8?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...ntroller-to-pc
    i got the driver finally. however, now it's not working when i play the game. game said it has full controller support. i'm about to throw this crap against the wall. i've been dealing with this for hours

10+ Year Old Account
    i got the driver finally. however, now it's not working when i play the game. game said it has full controller support. i'm about to throw this crap against the wall. i've been dealing with this for hours

What game?

You probably have to change from keyboard to game pad on the settings. Some games require you to do that.

I have no idea what you are saying. So I have to use an xbox controller? what is xbone?
    xbone is an abbreviation of sorts of XBox One.

Support for a given controller is in part dictated by the game.
    Generally the xbox 360 controller is well supported, and as a consequence on windows 10 the xbox one controller should be.
    Though I personally did not find that the case initially with the xbox one controller having issues with "stuck" inputs which were not that, causing unintended input.
    However that later seemed to fix itself, through either a steam update or a windows update.
    Not sure which, since I only discovered the fix after a random attempt to troubleshoot it, after a period not using it.

Steam has API support for common controllers, but that has to be implemented on a per-game basis.

and nowwwwwwwwwww. i just went and bought an xbox controller. nothing happens when i plug it in and it's not turning on. it's brand new..
    Is it the official one, or a 3rd party one.
    The console isnt fussy.
    The PC on the other hand is.

Manual driver installation would be required if its a 3rd party one.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-04 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

where can i get an xbox controller without ordering one online? gamestop?
    You don't specifically need an XBox controller, there are lots of different PC controllers too which you can probably get from a local games store.

XBox controllers just get mentioned because they're cross-compatible with PCs and they tend to be ubiquitous. You could probably get one at gamestop? I'm guessing? If you want one of those in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

If symptoms persist, contact the game company. They should have support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Have you tried running the game in big picture mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You don't specifically need an XBox controller, there are lots of different PC controllers too which you can probably get from a local games store.

XBox controllers just get mentioned because they're cross-compatible with PCs and they tend to be ubiquitous. You could probably get one at gamestop? I'm guessing? If you want one of those in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

If symptoms persist, contact the game company. They should have support.
    Playstation controllers work just as well. Only difference is that you need an extra download to a dualshock 3 but its nothing difficult to set up.

Someone is probably going to yell at me but the button layouts are close enough, the actual difference between the controllers is in the way they feel.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    is it an actual corded controller or is it a wireless controller that you attached the charging cord to and then to your computer. That will not work if thats the case it has to be a no shit corded controller or you need to buy the little blutooth egg to attach a wireless controller to your computer. all of which is common knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Playstation controllers work just as well. Only difference is that you need an extra download to a dualshock 3 but its nothing difficult to set up.

Someone is probably going to yell at me but the button layouts are close enough, the actual difference between the controllers is in the way they feel.
    A bit late to this, but the issue I had with the PS3 controller was that some games wouldn't recognize certain inputs, even with the extra download.

Specifically, Super Meat Boy was problematic at times, half the time it would use the controller, the other half it wouldn't. Transistor wouldn't use the joysticks even, only recognized analog inputs.

It just got frustrating, and considering a wired Xbox 360 controller was only $20, it was a good investment for no longer having any issues.

Just making sure: are you using a windows pc, or a mac?

Cuz I've never had a second of issues with my rando Logitech controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    is it an actual corded controller or is it a wireless controller that you attached the charging cord to and then to your computer. That will not work if thats the case it has to be a no shit corded controller or you need to buy the little blutooth egg to attach a wireless controller to your computer. all of which is common knowledge

Xbone controller with with the usb cord. You are thinking of 360 controllers.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Xbone controller with with the usb cord. You are thinking of 360 controllers.
    i know what im thinking because i told him to get an xbox 360 controller in the first place because they work on a pc with no needed driver downloading or any extra bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Incorrect, I exclusively use my Xbox One controllers for my PC games. No special anything required; I plug them in and play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer PS4 controllers

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Incorrect, I exclusively use my Xbox One controllers for my PC games. No special anything required; I plug them in and play.
    then you're not playing with a wireless controller with the charging chord, congrats you're doing what i said in the first place. Unfortunately you have poor reading comprehension and are an idiot.