Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    thanks for reminding me how good that is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We're not overpowered gods. We don't fight the creators of the universe.

When you hear the world Cataclysm it's clearly a massive event. Sure nobody expected Deathwing, that's fine. Cataclysm was still a massive event that was self explanatory.
    "We're not Overpowered Gods"

*Inserts an Omnipotent threat greater than that of the Void/Light, as well as The Dimensional Planes*

Ahahahaha....

Seems as though you don't know Blizzard.

Well, my friend, have a seat around the Campfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Tides can refer to everyone. Tides of War, do you remember? It's about Jaina. Neither "Tides" nor "Vengeance" is specific. It's vague and doesn't refer to anything.

There are soooo many characters when it comes to Vengeance... Jaina, Genn, Sylvanas, Anduin, the Trolls etc. - sure you can have an expansion that's dealing with all of them but... I don't think so.
    But that's a silly argument because we clearly know what type of expansion is about to happen, confirmed or not, we all know it's going to be Azshara's time to shine now, she's the last villain along with N'zoth that people have been waiting for. And they've described her as a hateful being that is just waiting for her time to strike.

"Tides" is not related to* N'zoth, nor is it related to Zul, and it is not related to Jaina, just because she had a book called Tides of War doesn't mean that "Tides of Vengeance" (which possibly might turn out to be a fake title) refers to her.
    She has no beef with any of the current horde leaders as of now, so there's no "vengeance" there.

It's Azshara, it's the only logical explanation, as "Tides" is quite clearly a literal meaning judging based on Goldie's book.
    Last edited by TriHard; 2017-10-24 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Fahrad, I hate to say it, because I feel like you're the "manager" of this thread, but you're part of the reason there's still so much back and forth, because you declared it "definitely fake" a while back, and that's not a rational position. "Highly likely to be fake" is, but the whole problem is that people keep making ridiculous declarations that it is "definitely" or "obviously" fake (neither of which is rationally viable), rather than just saying "Probably fake, let's move on", which stirs up people to refute the irrational claims (this is the internet after all), so the whole "100% FAKE!" "Not 100%!" cycle will continue.

It's fine to believe it's likely fake (or even likely real, though I think strong skepticism is warranted), but if we're going to move on from it "DEFINITELY 100% FAKE UR STUPID" posts (which there are tons of) need to stop happening and turn into "probably fake" posts or the most honest of all "I think it's probably fake/not fake".

If you want to talk subraces:

1) What do we think the odds are of all the races launching with at least one subrace are?

I think they're pretty low, given Blizzard wasn't able to deliver all the new character models together (even skipping Worgen, Goblins and Pandas entirely). I suspect if we see subraces at launch (which I think is likely, not certain), they'll only have them for some races.

2) Do we believe that there's any chance ANY subraces will have racial abilities different to the main races?

Some of them seem like they should - I mean, would Nightborne just have identical traits to Blood Elves, for example? Other less so (no reason Highmountain Tauren should differ from Tauren). But I could see it go either way.

3) Do we think racial abilities will see a major rework in 8.0?

I'd be unsurprised if they did, myself. Moving them all to basically out-of-combat utility would allow them to do a lot more in that space, for example.

See, thank you - "to me" is a rational, honest position. It's not a claim that something is absolutely the case. If the discussion continues, more "I think" "to me" "I believe" and so on, and less "UR DUMB OBVIOUSLY X IS THE CASE!", please.
    I completely agree and that’s why I apologised for getting carried away. I very rarely do so and it was unappropriate. I have my opinion on that leak but I can’t entirely debunk it as for now. So again, we agree. As for me managing the thread, I am flattered but the thread manages itself. If anything, Marlamin would be our wise leader hehe.

Let’s just put all of thoseis behind, it’s much better when we all get along.

As for subraces:

1. Very likely for easy ones such as Dark Iron and Wildhammers, skeptical but hopeful for things like Nightborne.
    2. I guess it would be more fitting for them to have unique racial abilities but it would have to be balanced!
    3. I am not sure but I would be up for it! As long as it’s done properly and it’s not rushed.

I again throw my hat in with Scourge of Kul'tiras and remind people that we just had a TBC throwback expansion and an Orcs and Humans throwback expansion (minus the Humans, but WoD definitley tied into the Warcraft movie).

With Bolvar suddenly seeing action after YEARS I would not be surprised if this expansion has trappings of Wrath in it. After all we DID just see Tuskarr again..

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    But that's a silly argument because we clearly know what type of expansion is about to happen, confirmed or not, we all know it's going to be Azshara's time to shine now, she's the last villain along with N'zoth that people have been waiting for. And they've described her as a hateful being that is just waiting for her time to strike.

"Tides" is not related to* N'zoth, nor is it related to Zul, and it is not related to Jaina, just because she had a book called Tides of War doesn't mean that "Tides of Vengeance" (which possibly might turn out to be a fake title) refers to her.
    She has no beef with any of the current horde leaders as of now, so there's no "vengeance" there.

It's Azshara, it's the only logical explanation, as "Tides" is quite clearly a literal meaning judging based on Goldie's book.
    We have known that the next expansion is Azshara since wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    Nope, the expansion will be on a new planet, most probable Argus
    If this actually happened, it would be the biggest curveball in the history of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not overpowered gods. We don't fight the creators of the universe.

When you hear the world Cataclysm it's clearly a massive event. Sure nobody expected Deathwing, that's fine. Cataclysm was still a massive event that was self explanatory.
    What the hell... have you not been playing this expansion? We’re fighting 2 titans in the next raid and one of them is infused with the power of sargeras himself. We are fighting the creators of our world.... period. We are ridiculously over powered at our current state.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I again throw my hat in with Scourge of Kul'tiras and remind people that we just had a TBC throwback expansion and an Orcs and Humans throwback expansion (minus the Humans, but WoD definitley tied into the Warcraft movie).

With Bolvar suddenly seeing action after YEARS I would not be surprised if this expansion has trappings of Wrath in it. After all we DID just see Tuskarr again..
    Okay so I'll be waiting for 10.0 and the MoP throwback expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    You are entirely missing our point mate.

There was allready a vague named expansion: Cataclysm.

Blizzard can name their expac however vague they want.

The title never had to and will never have to be named after something concrete (even though it has 5 times out of 6).

Thats not the point.

The point is that ToV (however unlikely to be real as it may be imo) is as vague as Cataclysm.

There are more than just 1 antagonist this title could refer to, making it vague.

That is not an opinion. Thats a fact.
    Catclysm means a large scale destructive event. Every expansion title is specific enough that you can determine what it is about. ToV could be about the defias attacking stormwind with their dreadnought.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    High elves have blue eyes, and smoother skin or something.
    An in-game blood elf standing next to a Silver Covenant high elf. Note the similarities in appearance, except for the eye color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    What the hell... have you not been playing this expansion? We’re fighting 2 titans in the next raid and one of them is infused with the power of sargeras himself. We are fighting the creators of our world.... period. We are ridiculously over powered at our current state.
    They didn't create our world, they merely ordered it and fixed it. Not to mention the Titans themselves will be aiding us during the Argus encounter, so we are not alone in the battle. We aren't really fighting our creators, Argus had nothing to do with our creators.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    #StillBetterThanToV
    Actually it does look better, i want a more classic looking logo.

The Scourge could have invaded the world, turned it all into plaguelands, and it could have been called Cataclysm.

The Sha could have infected the world, make it all black and white, and it could have been called Cataclysm.

The Iron Horde could have invaded the world, burnt every forest down, and it could have been called Cataclysm.

The Burning Legion could have invaded the world, make it look like Argus, and it could have been called Cataclysm.

Before Cataclysm, that word had no meaning other than "destruction", which happens every expansion.

Tides of Vengeance could be about Sylvanas and her fleet, Jaina and her fleet, Azshara and her naga, N'zoth and his minions or Rastakhan and his trolls. And again, I don't think it being vague is a problem.

I think it being very similar to an existing book and Warcraft game is. If anything, Warcraft-specific words like Pandaria or Draenor are more likely to scare customers away than vague, common terms they understand. World of Warcraft: Evolution or World of Warcraft: The Return would probably draw the public's attention just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    We have known that the next expansion is Azshara since wotlk.
    Azshara was actually going to be a boss in Cataclysm but they scrapped the raid in favor of Firelands.
    And back then we still had a lot of prominent villains to fight, but that is no longer the case.

You now have Zul, N'zoth, Azshara, possibly Murozond and Chromatus. They killed off Xavius, Kil'jaeden, Avatar of Sargeras and sealed Sargeras in Legion.
    And judging from the interviews they've held, they want to move to new planets, which is likely why you'll see Azshara, N'zoth and Zul die this expansion.

Murozond and Chromatus are not very prominent characters and would be a filler expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Catclysm means a large scale destructive event. Every expansion title is specific enough that you can determine what it is about. ToV could be about the defias attacking stormwind with their dreadnought.
    Cataclysm could be about me farting

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Exactly.

Has the patch come live yet? Or its just released and realms are still down for maintenance?

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Okay so I'll be waiting for 10.0 and the MoP throwback expansion.
    The end boss will be the giant turtle from the start zone...

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    They killed off Xavius, Kil'jaeden, Avatar of Sargeras and sealed Sargeras in Legion.
    I... just realized that's a really fucking big kill list for one expansion

Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    The end boss will be the giant turtle from the start zone...
    But then his children will make an appearance and negotiate peace.

The Tortollan!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I... just realized that's a really fucking big kill list for one expansion
    Also Varian, Vol'jin, Thrall (kinda), Tirion, Helya (maybe)... and I'm probably forgetting people.