10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Wow, we had the same thought at the same time!
    Yeah, it's not something that had occured to me, but it's probably a better guess than it being a water mount. Unless....unless it's a horse that we use to travel through the water. Now THAT would be unexpected. A mount that can do both ground and water.

Honestly though, you guys probably have the right of it and it's just a water themed Horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found another design, this one looking particularly majestic. With some touch-ups and a cool-looking saddle I wouldn't mind a mount in this style.

I just hope this expansion has a HORDE story line as much as the Alliance will probably get with Jaina. Give Baine some love.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Something from 10+ years ago not fitting a modern development cycle doesn't make it not a pattern. Whut.
    I mean, that's the point, that patterns change. Obviously they won't label things today exactly like they did 10 years ago. Things develop and change. it's not outside the realm of possibility to think they're labeling of expansion leveling gear has changed too.

On the other hand, HS expansion will be released sooner than WoW's one anyway, so maybe there is no problem.
    Except the fact that there will be two sea-and-pirates announcements at blizzcon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Do we have the file names for BC, WotLK, and Cata? Do those use the expansion names? Continent names? If we have those, I'll agree. If not, it's an incomplete picture.
    Paging the resident dataminers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I just hope this expansion has a HORDE story line as much as the Alliance will probably get with Jaina. Give Baine some love.
    You'll get more Sylvanas being questionably evil and you'll like it!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

What I wonder if is the Seabraid Stallion is a horse that just naturally looks like a Kelpie from being on Kul'tiras, or if it's a messed up/cursed horse due to some weird influence. We know it has non-unique noises (the paladin class mount), but they still ARE echoey noises.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasperon View Post
    Except the fact that there will be two sea-and-pirates announcements at blizzcon.
    Again.. Legion was basically an Elf, Tauren and Viking expansion for most of it. Except it was advertised as a Burning Legion expansion. Same thing will happen here. It will feature the seas, and pirates, but won't have that as the THEME.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Do we have the file names for BC, WotLK, and Cata? Do those use the expansion names? Continent names? If we have those, I'll agree. If not, it's an incomplete picture.
    It started with Wrath. Thats the xp where they started making questing sets. And yes. All of the are called

Itemstuff_itemslot_Wrath
    Itemstuff_itemslot_Cata etc etc. I don't know the exact filenames and such
    But that's how they are called in the files since wrath. 5 expansions in a row. There would have to be a very good reason for them to break the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Paging the resident dataminers.
    And to clarify on this, I'm actually honestly curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasperon View Post
    On the other hand, HS expansion will be released sooner than WoW's one anyway, so maybe there is no problem.
    The 17th and 18th centuries were considered to be the Golden Age of Piracy. Maybe... 2017 and 2018...

HS having a pirate expansion doesn't preclude an ocean-based expansion for wow with some pirate elements (instances/raids etc). Like if you're in the ocean, pirates are gonna be a thing regardless, even if they're only there as one of the mob types you fight and one of the zone stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    What I wonder if is the Seabraid Stallion is a horse that just naturally looks like a Kelpie from being on Kul'tiras, or if it's a messed up/cursed horse due to some weird influence. We know it has non-unique noises (the paladin class mount), but they still ARE echoey noises.

Again.. Legion was basically an Elf, Tauren and Viking expansion for most of it. Except it was advertised as a Burning Legion expansion. Same thing will happen here. It will feature the seas, and pirates, but won't have that as the THEME.
    Man I loved my Elf, Tauren, and Vrykul expansion.

*logs on and does all the world quests for the Army of the Light, Argussian Wake, and Armies of Legionfall. Then does a Legion Invasion of a zone. On a Demon Hunter.*

But whats the theme of Davy Jones expansion theory then?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    It started with Wrath. Thats the xp where they started making questing sets. And yes. All of the are called

Itemstuff_itemslot_Wrath
    Itemstuff_itemslot_Cata etc etc. I don't know the exact filenames and such
    But that's how they are called in the files since wrath. 5 expansions in a row. There would have to be a very good reason for them to break the pattern.
    If that's the case, then we should definitely expect Kul'tiras in the name. Still very curious to know the exact labels on those items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    HS having a pirate expansion doesn't preclude an ocean-based expansion for wow with some pirate elements (instances/raids etc). Like if you're in the ocean, pirates are gonna be a thing regardless, even if they're only there as one of the mob types you fight and one of the zone stories.
    It does likely preclude the theory going around that the whole thing was gonna be a giant parody of Pirates of the Caribbean, thankfully.

We've basically circled back to where we started. N'Zoth expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Same as on Earth:

There is no land on North pole, but there is still polar ice cap. It just floats freely there.
    The "landmass" with the question mark on it is Shen-Zin Su, the Wandering Isle.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    I was thinking about the title of new novel - Before The Storm. Since MoP we know mogu called Highkeeper Ra "The Storm". In Legion the only titan keepers who absence is Ra and Freya. Hint on Ra being in next expansion and playing important role (like Odyn in Legion)?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=106605/r...n-cord&bonus=0
    inv_cloth_draenorquest95_b_01belt

http://www.wowhead.com/item=121095/h...onus=1826:1637
    inv_belt_mail_legionquest100_b_01

Here is how item filenames looked in Draenor and Legion.

Inb4 Before the Storm has nothing to do with the expansion's name.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    The "landmass" with the question mark on it is Shen-Zin Su, the Wandering Isle.
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no?

IDK what the southern one is but the northern one, which looks the exact same just rotated, is an actual glacier. DKs go there for their class mount.