Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Oh god I hope not.
    I really hope they give us something. It's getting a bit tiresome and redundant right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They retconned it from WC3.

Kul Tiras not only has a map in the WoW manual, it was just confirmed to be accurate on the Chronicles map. The map on the armor set looks nothing like either.
    The Chronicle Azeroth map is pre-Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Back in 2016 object called '7az_kultiras_lighthouse' was datamined.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I think this is what they meant?
    http://imgur.com/a/jtkyf
    ah, ok, thanks.

that is interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They will retcon the Kul Tiras map too. That's how it works every expansion. They always have some retcons to give them flexibility in creating new zones.

Chronicles will not restrict them. They already retconned the stuff about the Titan souls only existing in the keepers when in 7.3 they clearly aren't.
    Not so much a retcon as a development and clarifying what happened. Titans still lost their bodies and *died* of sorts but you get the point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They said they want this gamescom to be their biggest yet. They've spent the past two gamescoms revealing new WoW content. It seems pretty likely.
    I'd rather want them to keep the WoW 2 announcement for their biggest GC.

I would be happy with a new Diablo 3 expansion or Diablo 4 as well. The other franchises don't interest me. I hope we're getting WoW xpac and Diablo xpac announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, they might just not announce anything at all outside of a 7.4 (which I would actually like, Hello shit ton of missing faction leaders?). 3 months is not long with a massive patch that hasn't even released by the time the convention happens, not even the Raid with additional minor content would have released yet (7.3.5).

All in all, the circumstances are different from how things looked for Warlords. Specially because thier released schedule wasn't good. 6.2 was like almost 3 months old by Gamescom already.

They also said it did move to somewhere else because of cataclysm. And zuldazar sank a little. They can literally do whatever they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They will retcon the Kul Tiras map too. That's how it works every expansion. They always have some retcons to give them flexibility in creating new zones.

Chronicles will not restrict them. They already retconned the stuff about the Titan souls only existing in the keepers when in 7.3 they clearly aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You are right, the map could be any other island or whatever we don't know. But Kul'Tiras is also likely. We just don't know what happened to it during Cataclysm. Parts of the island could be underwater now, some parts we're risen to the surface, maybe the island broke and is smaller now - we just don't know.

Why?

Blizzard doesn't just retcon for the sake of retconning. They have an established look for Kul Tiras, that they clearly liked since they confirmed that look in Chronicle. Kul Tiras' established appearance is extremely unique and recognizable, and Crestfall is a notable feature of the nation.

Why would they change it to an unrecognizable shape and remove Crestfall rather than working with it's existing shape and features?

Why?

Blizzard doesn't just retcon for the sake of retconning. They have an established look for Kul Tiras, that they clearly liked since they confirmed that look in Chronicle. Kul Tiras' established appearance is extremely unique and recognizable, and Crestfall is a notable feature of the nation.

Why would they change it to an unrecognizable shape and remove Crestfall rather than working with it's existing shape and features?
    It's not a retcon if it changed because of Cataclysm. Whole azeroth changed because of it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

WoW 2 would be interesting. I would like to see a Warcraft IV as well. Not a big fan of Starcraft, but I would love some new Warcraft.
    I'm personally expecting a Warcraft III: Remastered announcement. They already did it for Starcraft, so why not War3.

WoW 2 would be interesting. I would like to see a Warcraft IV as well. Not a big fan of Starcraft, but I would love some new Warcraft.
    I know it's not going to happen but I think right now after we finished the Legion and dealt with the Titans it would be the best time to reset / restart WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    I'm personally expecting a Warcraft III: Remastered announcement. They already did it for Starcraft, so why not War3.
    Yeah that's what I expect as well. Would be cool to get WC3 remastered.

Ooh, I see leak season has started. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I know it's not going to happen but I think right now after we finished the Legion and dealt with the Titans it would be the best time to reset / restart WoW.
    We need another MoP-esq break.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    We need another MoP-esq break.
    I think next expansion will be it.

It's not a retcon it changed because of Cataclysm. Whole azeroth changed because of it.
    No, actually. Almost the entire world remained the exact same. Large, serious change was pretty limited (Thousand Needles flooding, the whirlpools in Darkshore and STV, the fissure in the barrens, etc) and even in zones where there was serious change, like STV, the general look of the zone remained the same. If you look at the map of old STV and new STV, you will see that the shape and look of the zone is for the most part unchanged--this is because Blizzard understands the value in having an established look for an area and sticking to that look.

Even Azshara, by far the most changed zone in Cataclysm, still looks very similar to how it did before it was reshaped. Thousand Needles is the exact same shape it has always been, just filled with water. All of the changes (like in pretty much every zone that Cata had a serious effect on) are just cutting into the existing shape or adding to an area in a way that preserves the overall appearance.

This Kul Tiras is fundamentally different looking. It has an entirely different shape and lacks a crucial landmass. That is nothing like anything we've seen from Cata's changes.

But even if we pretend that these are Cataclysm-like changes, the question remains: Why? Why completely alter the established look for the islands?

Why? Why completely alter the established look for the islands?
    For the same reason why they did it for other locations. Because it suited their narration.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Why? Why completely alter the established look for the islands?
    Because they can. You wanting it to look the same does not make it impossible for them to change it.

For the same reason why they did it for other locations. Because it suited their narration.
    What location has been changed for narration?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    Because they can. You wanting it to look the same does not make it impossible for them to change it.
    No, but their own philosophy as seen in Cataclysm makes it clear that they want to keep the established looks of areas as much as possible.

What location has been changed for narration?
    Kezan/Undermine was the fourth biggest continent until Cataclysm. Now it's just a tiny little island under Maelstrom.

No, but their own philosophy as seen in Cataclysm makes it clear that they want to keep the established looks of areas as much as possible.
    I would like to add that I don't think anybody gave a shit about the Broken Isles before Legion, while Kul Tiras has always had some popularity and presence in the Warcraft fan base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I would like to add that I don't think anybody gave a shit about the Broken Isles before Legion, while Kul Tiras has always had some popularity and presence in the Warcraft fan base.
    People cared, it was the area near the Tomb of Sargeras. I think most just accepted what we got(The overall product of Broken Isles that is). Except the mountains........

Fuck those mountains.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi